Paulding.com

How many bad police officers does it take to beat up a woman?

If it was like the tapes we used to use, we had to take them with us. Put them in whatever car was assigned and everything. Other than that they were locked up. It was assigned to that officer and no one else had anything on it.

But I do wonder if there is another tape from inhouse security cameras?

If there was I am sure it would be out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I see why you are filled with so much hate when someone disagree's with you. Hopefully the station where this took place can look closely at their policies and make a change.   Now since you we

I really don't understand you being a smartass to me, I see a few you peeps want to have someone to bitch at that has a different outlook on things, there are always to sides to every story. After all

She must have been pretty drunk to to have hit her face directly on the floor like that. Kinda looks like to me she fell more then once. Once on the right side, somehow avoiding directly hitting the

Posted Images

What exactly did slamming her against the wall 3 times do to help restrain her?

Why did the other cop come in and leave? Perhaps a situation he wanted no part of?

If she fell wouldn't there be one point of contact, either the nose or forehead, not two?

At no point, prior to turning off the camera, did he plainly state that the interview was over and that he was now turning off the camera. Declarations in police work are important, you must declare what you're doing. There was no declaration.

I also find it odd that she was laying on the other side of the room away from the door. It was obvious that she was trying to exit the room before the camera cut off. Why in the hell would she walk towards the other end of the room, toward the officer, during the time the camera was off?

There are a minority of asshole cops around the country. As citizens we should be concerned when a woman simply ACCUSED of DWI gets taken away from the police station on a stretcher with a bloody face. I'm appalled by the number of folks who simply assume that good ole Johnny Law was a perfect angel after turning off the camera. That's quite a bit of trust considering the extent of this woman's injuries.

mrnn

I don't look at it so much as "Johnny Law being a perfect angel" so much as he is innocent until proven guilty, and I've yet to see proof he did anything to her. And as other people pointed out a fall could cause the injuries, and there was a picture to prove that. If she had been sitting down and lost her balance when she got up, she would have fallen into the room not out of.

i didnt watch the video .. if the woman was truly intoxicated .. i believe she probably did knock herself silly .. as a former drunk i know first hand how u have a way of Falling down n hurting yourself ... luckily i never got arrested cuz i never drove when drinking ... but i almost got killed by knocking a air conditioner outta a trailer window n ended up with a deep gash on my knee from that ... so yea crap happens when you drink ...

for those of you that have never had the pleasure of dealing with drunks, here are a couple of beauts. that show their level of coordination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt65cKhkKrs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3xEbhs3ug

She was never charged nor prosecuted for DWI so I fail to see the relevance of your videos. I mean entertaining stuff, but irrelevant nonetheless.

mrnn

She was never charged nor prosecuted for DWI so I fail to see the relevance of your videos. I mean entertaining stuff, but irrelevant nonetheless.

mrnn

It's not irrelevant... Just because she wasn't charged or prosecuted, it doesn't mean she wasn't drunk.

mrnn

My video posts only show how bad peoples coordination can be while drunk. I have personally taken drunks off the road and not arrested them as well as juveniles smoking dope. Just because you are guilty of a crime does not mean you WILL get charged with it. I would point out that in this case (and I am not privy to all the info) She refused the breathalyzer, She likely had no direct observance of her driving condition other than an accident. Then there may or may not have been field sobriety evaluations performed. That tends to make for a week case.

I know that the anti PD folks will only see what they want to believe. It is too bad that PD is sworn to protect them just the same as the others. It would be nice to say, "hey, he hates cops and wants nothing to do with me so I will not assist him". But we can not do that either. So we will just have to put up with all of the complaining, since we are sworn to protect them just the same now won't we. I would rather everyone love the police. That would make the job so much easier to do. but the lack of respect and all the complaining does take it's toll. Pretty soon we will only get the bad guys to apply for the position. <_>

I tried to help a civilian with a broken car and ate a bullet for my trouble. And All I was trying to do was help the guy out. I've also had a complaint filed on me because dad was angry that mom was given a citation by animal control. I was called to the scene and went into the house because the AC and the neighbors all said the kids were home and they heard they kids screaming. Had dispatch call the house, knocked on every door announcing PD. Entered the house, announcicg PD. found mom and 2 boys hiding in a closet next to the phone (which dispatch had called). She said she was afraid. Dad filed his complaint based on the fact that we scared his wife. :glare: No, dad was mad because they got the citation and wanted to try to hurt us in return. He was charged with making a false report. Everything we did was documented. I can't fix stupid. Stupid hurts. There are way too many people out there willing to be stupid rather than doing the right thing.

Other news reports say she was charged with DUI and hit and run.

I personally do not mind when a drunk refuses the test. It is usually a slurred "I ain't drunk and I ain't takin no test".

I always explain to them if they take the test they would have scientific proof to back their claims and show just how wrong I am. They usually just have a blank stare because their intoxication prevents them from thinking logically....they usually just continue their ramblings. The jury always sees right through it.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

My video posts only show how bad peoples coordination can be while drunk. I have personally taken drunks off the road and not arrested them as well as juveniles smoking dope. Just because you are guilty of a crime does not mean you WILL get charged with it. I would point out that in this case (and I am not privy to all the info) She refused the breathalyzer, She likely had no direct observance of her driving condition other than an accident. Then there may or may not have been field sobriety evaluations performed. That tends to make for a week case.

I know that the anti PD folks will only see what they want to believe. It is too bad that PD is sworn to protect them just the same as the others. It would be nice to say, "hey, he hates cops and wants nothing to do with me so I will not assist him". But we can not do that either. So we will just have to put up with all of the complaining, since we are sworn to protect them just the same now won't we. I would rather everyone love the police. That would make the job so much easier to do. but the lack of respect and all the complaining does take it's toll. Pretty soon we will only get the bad guys to apply for the position. <_<

I tried to help a civilian with a broken car and ate a bullet for my trouble. And All I was trying to do was help the guy out. I've also had a complaint filed on me because dad was angry that mom was given a citation by animal control. I was called to the scene and went into the house because the AC and the neighbors all said the kids were home and they heard they kids screaming. Had dispatch call the house, knocked on every door announcing PD. Entered the house, announcicg PD. found mom and 2 boys hiding in a closet next to the phone (which dispatch had called). She said she was afraid. Dad filed his complaint based on the fact that we scared his wife. :glare: No, dad was mad because they got the citation and wanted to try to hurt us in return. He was charged with making a false report. Everything we did was documented. I can't fix stupid. Stupid hurts. There are way too many people out there willing to be stupid rather than doing the right thing.

You are right, Mr.Dis.

I am very appreciative of PD. You guys keep me safe. You are the ones that dealt with my neighbors, when I felt nothing but UNsafe in my own home. So, I thank you.

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but I don't automatically think the worst in people or situations.

Edited by MrsB

Other news reports say she was charged with DUI and hit and run.

Garbarino faces trial on charges of DWI and hit and run driving. She will

fight them in court, Miciotto said.

You are right, Mr.Dis.

I am very appreciative of PD. You guys keep me safe. You are the ones that dealt with my neighbors, when I felt nothing but UNsafe in my own home. So, I thank you.

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but I don't automatically think the worst in people or situations.

Thank you but I gave the PD up in favor of the FD. My wife is now much happier. ;)

I know that the anti PD folks will only see what they want to believe. It is too bad that PD is sworn to protect them just the same as the others. It would be nice to say, "hey, he hates cops and wants nothing to do with me so I will not assist him". But we can not do that either. So we will just have to put up with all of the complaining, since we are sworn to protect them just the same now won't we. I would rather everyone love the police. That would make the job so much easier to do. but the lack of respect and all the complaining does take it's toll. Pretty soon we will only get the bad guys to apply for the position. <_<

Whoa big dog, I am very grateful for the work of police officers, firemen, and paramedics do in our communities across this country. That's quite a reach to think I hate officers and don't deserve their protection simply because I seriously question how a woman leaves a police station on a stretcher.

I've had my fair share of encounters with police officers over the years. I've found each and everyone of them respectful and forthcoming. I can take a citation with a smile on my face if there's a mutual respect throughout our encounter...it's not his/her fault I did something wrong. Only once have I had words with an officer and that is because he was being a complete douche. Act like a douche and I'll get douchey, lol.

With that said, I'd be an irresponsible citizen to not question why a woman came out of a police station looking like that.

edited to add: I see you guys now saying that she was arrested and will face trial. This definitely puts a new spin on things and makes the officers story much more believable.

mrnn

Edited by naughtynurseKC

for those of you that have never had the pleasure of dealing with drunks, here are a couple of beauts. that show their level of coordination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt65cKhkKrshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3xEbhs3ug

Thank you for posting this I now see the light.

The good natured but absent minded community servant handcuffs the woman without declaring any charges for her arrest, detainment or notifying her of her right to counsel. After realizing the camera is recording everything the uncooperative heffer shouts at the camera with glee. Not wanting to waste the taxpayer's film on a drunken diva's horse and pony show, the frugal officer decides to turn the camera off. Distraught at not being filmed for her fans, the belligerent btch slams her face against the wall and a filing cabinet causing the gash on her forehead. She then falls forward and the kind officer of the peace extends his arms and hands to catch her, inadvertently thumbing her in the eye causing it to blacken and swell. Unable to muster enough strength to stop the momentum of her 90lb body from hitting the floor; She slips through his arms and her face falls squarely on the floor breaking her teeth and nose and causing her face to ooze a puddle of blood. Distraught at this unfortunate mishap, the kind peace officer attempts to help her up and slips in the pool of blood and falls with the grace of a WWE wrestler landing his elbow on her other eye causing it to swell and blacken. Realizing he should have kept the camera rolling as proof of his kindhearted intentions the peace loving officer flips the camera back on. He then gathers himself and checks his hands several times for the camera to show his concern that he isn't bleeding on the suspect in defense of her health and safety...

Edited by COWA

Garbarino faces trial on charges of DWI and hit and run driving. She will

fight them in court, Miciotto said.

Thank you but I gave the PD up in favor of the FD. My wife is now much happier. ;)

Well, thank you still. 'Cause you won't see me running into any fire. Well, unless it was my husband or dog, I would.

The good natured but absent minded community servant handcuffs the woman without declaring any charges for her arrest, detainment or notifying her of her right to counsel.

---She was already under arrest....the breath test is the final step in the investigation.

---Not a Miranda situation where she has the right to counsel

....but don't let that stop you.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

The good natured but absent minded community servant handcuffs the woman without declaring any charges for her arrest, detainment or notifying her of her right to counsel. After realizing the camera is recording everything the uncooperative heffer shouts at the camera with glee. Not wanting to waste the taxpayer's film on a drunken diva's horse and pony show, the frugal officer decides to turn the camera off. Distraught at not being filmed for her fans, the belligerent btch slams her face against the wall and a filing cabinet causing the gash on her forehead. She then falls forward and the kind officer of the peace extends his arms and hands to catch her, inadvertently thumbing her in the eye causing it to blacken and swell. Unable to muster enough strength to stop the momentum of her 90lb body from hitting the floor; She slips through his arms and her face falls squarely on the floor breaking her teeth and nose and causing her face to ooze a puddle of blood. Distraught at this unfortunate mishap, the kind peace officer attempts to help her up and slips in the pool of blood and falls with the grace of a WWE wrestler landing his elbow on her other eye causing it to swell and blacken. Realizing he should have kept the camera rolling as proof of his kindhearted intentions the peace loving officer flips the camera back on. He then gathers himself and checks his hands several times for the camera to show his concern that he isn't bleeding on the suspect in defense of her health and safety...

Wow. Just wow.

With that piece of work, why don't you apply for a job with the AJC? ;)

Edited by MrsB

Whoa big dog, I am very grateful for the work of police officers, firemen, and paramedics do in our communities across this country. That's quite a reach to think I hate officers and don't deserve their protection simply because I seriously question how a woman leaves a police station on a stretcher.

I've had my fair share of encounters with police officers over the years. I've found each and everyone of them respectful and forthcoming. I can take a citation with a smile on my face if there's a mutual respect throughout our encounter...it's not his/her fault I did something wrong. Only once have I had words with an officer and that is because he was being a complete douche. Act like a douche and I'll get douchey, lol.

With that said, I'd be an irresponsible citizen to not question why a woman came out of a police station looking like that.

edited to add: I see you guys now saying that she was arrested and will face trial. This definitely puts a new spin on things and makes the officers story much more believable.

mrnn

Sorry, my response was not directed squarely at you. There are those that see only bad in PD officers, no matter what they do. With that said there are always a few bad apples in every bunch, but we would be remiss to throw out the whole bundle just because we fond a bad apple.

I have been looking into this further. The case seems to be from 2007. Since then, I can find where she was charged with DWI. I can not find the outcome of the case. I also have found where she was given a $400k settlement. I will take this momment to say what was told to me by my training officers during training. "Do not feel bad if you are asked to accept a settlement even though you did not do anything wrong, It is sometimes cheaper for the dept. to settle than go to trial". Further as of Sep 2009, Ofc. Willis has his job back. But it appears that it was due to a technicality during his IA polygraph. It appears that we will never know exactly without a doubt happened. We have two conflicting stories. 1 side comes from a sworn officer, whom I would say right now has no other complaints filed. And we have 1 from an admittedly drunk prisoner. She did state that while she was drunk, she was sober enough to recall all the events.

I have no further information to put forth. Given the circumstances, I will back the police officer untill there is proof of misconduct. Abroken nose, cut and 2 black eyes does not mean anything in the case. More is needed to prove that the events did not transpire as the officer stated. But I will say, we are responsible for the prisoner's safety, even from their own stupidity, while they are in our custody. So the guy that broke his nose on my safety screen because he smashed his head into it, has a right to sue the dept.? Well That didn't happen to me, I always belted my prisoners into their seat. I can not defend denying them the same protection that I use while driving.

Charges were filed against her. DWI and hit and run. In GA You are not required to read Miranda rights under these circumstances. You do not have a right to have counsel present. You do not have the right to a phone call until you have been booked in. We are required to read you you Implied Consent Notification. Which is what the officer appears to have been trying to do. In GA, under implied consent, you have already consented to give Breath Alyzer, BA/UA at the officers discretion. If you do not comply you WILL have your license suspended. That is likely the same in LA and the whole reason behind the video recording of the implied consent notice.

Right or wrong, you will always see only the bad in any police officer. <_>

Everyone appreciates good officers that do an outstanding job. I appreciate officers that do a good job. If she was DUI get her from behind the wheel before she kills someone. If she is in custody she is in your care. You are responsible for her. You don't break policy or the law because someone in custody is belligerent.

While the vast majority of police officers are good there is a minority that abuse there authority. Looking the other way doesn't make things better. It doesn't improve relations between officers and the communities they serve. I've been to peaceful protests where officers put black tape over there badge numbers and provoke peaceful protesters. I've also seen the better side where officers have offered assistance.

In your statement you have admitted there are bad officers. Why look the other way when the bad cops cross the line? If the stress of the job is too much may be it's time for a career change.

• Like 1

Everyone appreciates good officers that do an outstanding job. I appreciate officers that do a good job. If she was DUI get her from behind the wheel before she kills someone. If she is in custody she is in your care. You are responsible for her. You don't break policy or the law because someone in custody is belligerent.

While the vast majority of police officers are good there is a minority that abuse there authority. Looking the other way doesn't make things better. It doesn't improve relations between officers and the communities they serve. I've been to peaceful protests where officers put black tape over there badge numbers and provoke peaceful protesters. I've also seen the better side where officers have offered assistance.

In your statement you have admitted there are bad officers. Why look the other way when the bad cops cross the line? If the stress of the job is too much may be it's time for a career change.

You may have missed the last part of my post, 2 posts back

Mr.Dis

But I will say, we are responsible for the prisoner's safety, even from their own stupidity, while they are in our custody. So the guy that broke his nose on my safety screen because he smashed his head into it, has a right to sue the dept.? Well That didn't happen to me, I always belted my prisoners into their seat. I can not defend denying them the same protection that I use while driving.

Also I did not condone bad behavior in the dept. that I worked in either. Upon my letter of resignation was the listing of my supervisor's job performance. And I will only say this about race because it was pertinent. He was a minority. He was my supervisor and WE did get along personaly. He was not very well trained though. As a supervisor, He beat a subordinate over a disagreement before I started, to the point of sending him to the hospital via ambulance. He was fired. The minority leaders in our jurisdiction got him his job bac but he was demoted. While working with him, we had an ongoing bank robbery investigation. When one of the departments record rooms caught fire there was an arson investigation. This same officer, now again a suprvisor, was found to have lied to the GBI, Department and Arson about what he knew about it. He said he was doing his own investigation linking a 3rd person in the dept. So this 3rd person was the robbery suspect, who set the fire to destroy linking evidence and my supervisor knew it. He was fired again. Once again the minority leaders came to his aid and got him his job back. I listed among reasons for my resignation, the fact that I found it difficult to work with a person like that and place my life and well being as well as profession carrer at risk.

Sorry, my response was not directed squarely at you. There are those that see only bad in PD officers, no matter what they do. With that said there are always a few bad apples in every bunch, but we would be remiss to throw out the whole bundle just because we fond a bad apple.

I have been looking into this further. The case seems to be from 2007. Since then, I can find where she was charged with DWI. I can not find the outcome of the case. I also have found where she was given a $400k settlement. I will take this momment to say what was told to me by my training officers during training. "Do not feel bad if you are asked to accept a settlement even though you did not do anything wrong, It is sometimes cheaper for the dept. to settle than go to trial". Further as of Sep 2009, Ofc. Willis has his job back. But it appears that it was due to a technicality during his IA polygraph. It appears that we will never know exactly without a doubt happened. We have two conflicting stories. 1 side comes from a sworn officer, whom I would say right now has no other complaints filed. And we have 1 from an admittedly drunk prisoner. She did state that while she was drunk, she was sober enough to recall all the events.

I have no further information to put forth. Given the circumstances, I will back the police officer untill there is proof of misconduct. Abroken nose, cut and 2 black eyes does not mean anything in the case. More is needed to prove that the events did not transpire as the officer stated. But I will say, we are responsible for the prisoner's safety, even from their own stupidity, while they are in our custody. So the guy that broke his nose on my safety screen because he smashed his head into it, has a right to sue the dept.? Well That didn't happen to me, I always belted my prisoners into their seat. I can not defend denying them the same protection that I use while driving.

Looks like they both came out in the good.

Edited by overit

Although I don't believe the cop to be in the wrong on this, I would like to know why he stopped the recording? That is the only questionable thing I can see, and unfortunately it's enough to cause not only doubt but suspicion.

yep, what he said... makes it look like the cop is guilty as hell. Yeah, she was being a PITA but that was a LOT of blood when the camera was turned back on.

none if you just set down and blow into the machine. you get booked in, make bond and we all go home and get a good nights sleep. but noooo gotta make things difficult.

....and hardly any one here has ever arrested and dealt with a belligerent drunk...

....and hardly any one here has ever arrested and dealt with a belligerent drunk...

My all time favorite one was the dude I took to Kennestone for his BA/UA. He was very angry. I kept hearing ptooo, ptooo all the way back to the jail. Got back to find that he hocked lugies all over the screen. Well he did get to sleep in our wonderful pink establishment... Until I got off at 0600. At that point I got the pleasure of kicking his sorry butt out of the bunk and making him clean the mess up. Boy!!! he was not happy!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The camera in that situation is used to record the test (or refusal) for court. That means that once the test is completed or the refusal is declared, the evidence is complete and so the tape is stopped and saved. Had this been footage from a surveillance camera, I could understand the suspicion.

Personally, I tend to think that it would have been wise to leave it running just because he was in a room with a belligerent female and the door closed. At least until he opened the door, it would have been good CYA to leave it running. I know she was trying to get out but you just never know what you'll be accused of. There have been many false claims of sexual misconduct levied against officers.

I can't believe that in the Year of Our Lord 2010 that cops are STILL allowed to be alone with anybody in their custody. I'm not even alone with my gynecologist unless I'm fully clothed. There should be surveillance cameras everywhere in a police station. What's to stop me from pulling a nose hair to produce some tears and claim the big mean cop tried to rape me?

I can't believe that in the Year of Our Lord 2010 that cops are STILL allowed to be alone with anybody in their custody. I'm not even alone with my gynecologist unless I'm fully clothed. There should be surveillance cameras everywhere in a police station. What's to stop me from pulling a nose hair to produce some tears and claim the big mean cop tried to rape me?

Ooooh, pulling nose hairs! How gross!! :rofl:

This topic can be summed up this way:

(1) People's attitude/experiences toward the police will most likely dictate what they "see" when it comes to viewing tape.

(2) People's ignorance of the law or police proceedures makes them look foolish when expressing their conclusions of said tapes.

(3) Some are just cop haters are look for opportunities to bash them everytime they can.

(4) Last, there are those who can just see what is really there and make the right assumptions based on the facts they see.

• Like 1

Actually the officer has 2 prior complaints in 2006 that apparently generated the settlement you reference. In this case the woman has been charged with DUI and he has not been charged or has he received his job back yet... Both the suspect and the officer are innocent until proven guilty.

Edited by COWA

This topic can be summed up this way:

(1) People's attitude/experiences toward the police will most likely dictate what they "see" when it comes to viewing tape.

(2) People's ignorance of the law or police proceedures makes them look foolish when expressing their conclusions of said tapes.

(3) Some are just cop haters are look for opportunities to bash them everytime they can.

(4) Last, there are those who can just see what is really there and make the right assumptions based on the facts they see.

A couple in particular on this thread fit #3.

• Like 1

Actually the officer has 2 prior complaints in 2006 that apparently generated the settlement you reference. In this case the woman has been charged with DUI and he has not been charged or has he received his job back yet... Both the suspect and the officer are innocent until proven guilty.

The article I read said he was given his job back with back pay. But he has since resigned.

My link

I still haven't seen prior complaints though. :pardon: If there is a litany of past complaints of use of force violations, that lends credence to her side of the story. Just a reminder, I have a use of force complaint against me for "scaring" that man's wife. Totaly unfounded and I have been exonerated of it. It is not on my POST certification but it is with the department. :rolleyes: I also have a use of lethal force investigation for returning fire on the man that shot me and my partner. I was exonerated of that to, but it is still there.

I have fallen many times in my life and have never looked like that afterwards. She was totally beat up by someone.

Have you ever fallen face first with you hands restrained and unable to break your fall while intoxicated? If not then there is no comparison. I have looked close to that everytime my nose was broken. To date that is about 3 times plus the surgery to repair my nose from past injuries. None of my breaks were from someone puching me in the face.

The article I read said he was given his job back with back pay. But he has since resigned.

My link

I still haven't seen prior complaints though. :pardon: If there is a litany of past complaints of use of force violations, that lends credence to her side of the story. Just a reminder, I have a use of force complaint against me for "scaring" that man's wife. Totaly unfounded and I have been exonerated of it. It is not on my POST certification but it is with the department. :rolleyes: I also have a use of lethal force investigation for returning fire on the man that shot me and my partner. I was exonerated of that to, but it is still there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331490,00.html

<<>>

The fired officer also received at least two other excessive force complaints, according to a report in The Shreveport Times.

Darlene Atkins, a Shreveport resident, filed a lawsuit in 2006 alleging Willis threatened her son with a gun to his head, according to a report in The Shreveport Times. Willis said he would shoot the boy if family members came closer, according to the lawsuit.

Tomeka Bush, another Shreveport resident, claims in another 2006 lawsuit that Willis seized her car after she filed a complaint against him about the Atkins incident.

The police department did not discipline Willis after its investigation into the 2006 incident. The city denied Willis acted inappropriately.

<<>>

7892373_BG1.jpg7892373_BG4.jpg7892373_BG3.jpg

Edited by COWA