Paulding.com

Just received this in an email

UPDATE EMAIL ALERT

THE OFFENDERS LISTED BELOW LIVE IN YOUR AREA

This is an update and does not necessarily represent all of the offenders in your area at this time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known offender(s) live in your neighborhood. This information is made available for the purpose of protecting the public.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offender Information:

818299 Apryl Dianne Martin 225 Marty Lane Dallas GA 30132 View Record

I know, right? We have one in Mona Place as well and that road is directly infront of Abney. The last time I did a search on sex offenders, there was one in Johnstons Ridge as well.

There is also one on Colbert Road (just off of Bone Circle, which is 3 roads down from Abney)... :nea:

Isn't there a daycare on Marty Lane???

There use to be one years and years ago. My friend use to work there.

I still till this day don't understand why they allow them to live near a school. When I think about all the schools in Paulding County, I see how hard it would be to relocate to an area that doesn't have one so close. But don't they have to be a certain amount of yards away?

There are quite a few off of Old Cartersville Road.

There use to be one years and years ago. My friend use to work there.

I still till this day don't understand why they allow them to live near a school. When I think about all the schools in Paulding County, I see how hard it would be to relocate to an area that doesn't have one so close. But don't they have to be a certain amount of yards away?

There are quite a few off of Old Cartersville Road.

That daycare had two locations. The one on marty lane didn't have enough children to stay open so now it's just the one accross from Dallas Elm.

My son attended the one on marty lane for a while. they knew there was an offender near by so they called the cops to see if he was violating any laws by being so close......he wasn't. the distance required for a sex offender to remain away from a school is a joke. I can't remember the exact number, but it's something stupid.

The last time i checked there is one living SOOOO close to Dallas Elm. and Brookwood daycare. Braswell St. i believe. If you were to stand at the end of that street, you could clearly see all the kids going in and out of school.

Which website do you guys use, bc I know some websites have been proven to be false/rarely updated/etc.....

I want to know so I can check my house....not saying the info you have is false.

paulding.gov then sherriff's office to sexual registered or something of that sorts on the left hand side. Type in your address and it will have a circle on a map around you address. Each offender has a number and you can click on the number and name to the right of the map and it will give you a picture and description.

Folks use some caution when on these sites. They are are great resource but not always accurate. My home in Ky was listed as the previous owner was on the sex offender list. In Ky they don't list names - just adresses. Well guess what. 9 months after I purchased the home my adress is still on the list. In Paulding my wife searched our 'hood and the adresses for homes that were not even built yet came up. They were empty lots. It is great that this info is available for parents and citizens but as with everything you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also, before you go freaking out or hating on people, look to see what their offense was and when it happened. I have one living near me. He is 30 years old and was convicted of some indecent activity with a minor.....13 years ago!! So this could mean he was 17 messing around with a girl a few months younger than he was. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to hold that against him.

Also, before you go freaking out or hating on people, look to see what their offense was and when it happened. I have one living near me. He is 30 years old and was convicted of some indecent activity with a minor.....13 years ago!! So this could mean he was 17 messing around with a girl a few months younger than he was. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to hold that against him.

No it doesn't. I do not understand why people keep repeating this.

Those convicted of statutory rape are not required to register as a sex offender unless they are over the age of 21. The story of some 17yo going to prison and having to register because his girlfriend was 15 are false. It is a story many sex offenders spread to try to gain acceptance because they know many will not take the time to go through public records and find the true story.

....an before anyone mentions Genarlow Wilson. He was actually indited on sodomy and forcible rape (not statutory) because the female was extremely intoxicated which was reportedly showed on the video his friends made. The jury acquitted him of the rape (???) but convicted on the sodomy. The issue there was the severity of the punishment on the sodomy charge.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Guys ... sex offenders are everywhere ... reported and not reported. You need to be more concerned about the people YOU and YOUR CHILDREN KNOW ... rather than these random strangers. Take this as an opportunity to talk to your kids. Sex offenders groom their victims through trust ... something a random stranger normally does not possess.

Both my kids are young, and they have already received a talk on this subject. It may be uncomfortable, but spending some time in discomfort is FAR BETTER than something happening to your child and them having to live with those effects for the rest of their lives. :)

• Like 4

Well, 3 of the 8 around me were charged with aggravated child molestation. One was for aggravated sodomy...and I can't remember the rest right now.

I don't generally 'hate' on people, but in this case, I think I have the right to do so. If these people didn't want to be looked down upon, they should not have done anything to be charged with it.

I do understand your point, and everyone should look at the details to see what they have done before you judge them.

818299 Apryl Dianne Martin 225 Marty Lane Dallas GA 30132 View Record

I looked her up on the GBI website, which is updated on a daily basis. She was convicted of enticing a child for indecent purposes in 1999. The don't give any additional details, but is lists her as homeless.

I drove by that address yesterday and there is a women that lives in that house by herself but she doesn't have the same name as the convicted one. She's lived there for 3 years. Also she doesn't have any tats and her hair is long not short.

When I read up on the convicted lady, it didn't say when she was released just her address and registered number.

Edit: I posted this thread on Feb. 10th and it came from the website that has Gary Gulledge on it that someone posted on here with a link.

So, this is telling me they put her to the wrong address or there is some kind of mess up. I'll tell you what, that isn't cool for the women that is living there now.

Edited by Lucky64

Those convicted of statutory rape are not required to register as a sex offender unless they are over the age of 21. The story of some 17yo going to prison and having to register because his girlfriend was 15 are false. It is a story many sex offenders spread to try to gain acceptance because they know many will not take the time to go through public records and find the true story.

The law may have changed, but a boy my daughter went to school with had to register for being 17 and having sex with his 15 year-old-girlfriend. Dad caught them in the act, she cried rape, and he did several months in the Paulding County jail. Sad because they'd been dating with her parents' permisson for about 2 years prior to this happening. JMO, but if she was old enough to take on the resonsibility of having sex, she should have fessed up and not put this guy though what she did.

Glad you posted this, maybe she will offend me. Please let her offend me. Or maybe she is reformed and just wants to be left alone to get on with her life. That will never happen as long as people look down their nose at her. I have no idea who this person is, but she must be the scum of the earth because she did something that got her in trouble. I am with you, put a big red S on her chest so we can all scorn her every time we see her. She should never be allowed to have a normal life again, who cares that she did the time for her crime, she should be marked for life. Never to have friends, fun, or a career, live in scorn you. You are not worthy of Life, Liberty, or the persuit of happiness. You were convicted and served your time, but we scorn you still. Whatever happened to forgiveness? I guess to forgive is divine is lost forever......

The law may have changed, but a boy my daughter went to school with had to register for being 17 and having sex with his 15 year-old-girlfriend. Dad caught them in the act, she cried rape, and he did several months in the Paulding County jail. Sad because they'd been dating with her parents' permisson for about 2 years prior to this happening. JMO, but if she was old enough to take on the resonsibility of having sex, she should have fessed up and not put this guy though what she did.

If she 'cried rape' then the only thing she could have claimed was that it was against her will which is a forceable rape...not statutory rape. Statutory rape means she would have admitted she was a willing participant yet the law was broken because she was not old enough to legally give consent. They are even not remotely the same situation.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

If she 'cried rape' then the only thing she could have claimed was that it was against her will which is a forceable rape...not statutory rape. Statutory rape means she would have admitted she was a willing participant yet the law was broken because she was not old enough to legally give consent. They are even not remotely the same situation.

Regardless of the situation, it's sad that some of the people on the list might not have actually committed a crime that justified them being put on the list. I agree that these two should not have been having sex, but they were and had been been for quite a while. Because the girl was afraid of her dad, she told a lie that has basically ruined someone's life. She told her dad it was rape when, in fact, it was VERY consensual.

Now daddy's little miss do no wrong has a child and is a dancer at a men's club in Atlanta. I'm not bashing what she does or that she has a child. It's just that she was NOT innocent and caused someone to go to jail, which I can understand (statuory rape - which does not always get jail time), for a crime that they really did not commit (rape). This guy ended up taking a plea to child molestation intead of rape which, in my opinion, was just as bad and still wrong.