Paulding.com

Can anybody recommend a good social security lawyer?

My stepfather has just been diagnosed with seizures and will no longer be able to drive or work. The doctor has suggested that he get a good social security lawyer to fight for disability social security so he can get medicare. If anyone kows somebody good, we'd really appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

Phillip Ladin http://ladinlaw.com/

My stepfather has just been diagnosed with seizures and will no longer be able to drive or work. The doctor has suggested that he get a good social security lawyer to fight for disability social security so he can get medicare. If anyone kows somebody good, we'd really appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

I do not understand why your Step Fathers doctor would tell him to get a SS attoney to start his disability. He (or you if he is not comfortable with computers) can file for SS disability online. From the information provided SS will obtain his medical records and make a determination of benefits. IF the doctor knows the correct terminology to use in his reports, it is helpful in being approved. (That is more important than having an attorney!!!) Your Step Father should know the majority of those who file for disability ARE DENIED!!!!! Years ago I was told by a SS rep that everyone was denied the first three times they applied. That has changed over the years and some people are approved on their initial application - but many still are denied. At that point he might would want to get an attorney to file an appeal. But, it would be in your Step Father's best interest to apply initially without an attorney - or the attoney will get a percantage of his benefit. JMHO

Good Luck!

Agree totally with Sports Source. Apply first yourself and at least follow up with the first appeal yourself. I've done it twice, once for me and once for a friend with cancer, and won both times. There's lots of information on the websites, just read everything, fill the forms out carefully, and be patient. A lawyer would end up taking a huge chunk of his benefits.

If he has worked all his life, then there should be no problem,he would have earned enough working credits, if he has not worked and obtained enough working credits thru SS, then I could see why they would deny him at first, that would be welfare SS, you have to apply for SS either way, then if you are denied for welfare ss disabily(which they will) then you get a attorney)

I have worked all my life and have been disabled since 2006 and still fighting for what is mine.My husband worked up until 3months before he died in 2006 and even with a letter from his doctor stating he had agent orange and had only a few months to live he never got a penny.

http://ladinlaw.com/ check out Phillip Ladin

Thanks!