Paulding.com

Critical Blood Drive For Paulding County!

Critical Blood Drive For Paulding County!

GIVE BLOOD...As A Company Or Individual!

Give a Pint and Get a Pint! Each donor will receive a Chick-fil A and a pint of ice cream! And....Participants donating blood / platelets will be eligible for an AMERICAN RED CROSS drawing to win a $1,000 Gift card!

Paulding Chamber of Commerce / Paulding County Commissioners / Wellstar Paulding Blood Drive

GOAL - 100 pts. of blood to save lives!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010; 1pm - 6pm; Watson Government Complex

Call: 770.445.6016 // Reserve your time to ... GIVE LIFE!

Folks, if you can give blood, please make it to this event and give. Blood reserves are at critically low levels in the area. And not only could you help save lives, but you get free ice cream, too. Woohoo!

Also, according to the fine folks at Wellstar, Paulding has never had a goal this high and reached it. Lets blow this one out and break through 100!

Folks, if you can give blood, please make it to this event and give. Blood reserves are at critically low levels in the area. And not only could you help save lives, but you get free ice cream, too. Woohoo!

Also, according to the fine folks at Wellstar, Paulding has never had a goal this high and reached it. Lets blow this one out and break through 100!

UGH! I work on the other side of town and don't even get home until 6:30ish! :(

I would love to I always try to give blood, but hubby is having surgery that day.. maybe I can catch them later on..

There will be other blood drives in the area ... the FOPA is working with WellStar to get more scheduled. (They asked us to help get the word out on this one that was already planned through the Paulding Chamber of Commerce.)

I will absolutely post as others in the area are scheduled.

For those planning on attending this one ... please be sure to call to schedule a time. We had one recently at the Cobb S.O. and had to turn people away because there were not enough people there to process the donations.

Wish I could give that day but can't. Have an appointment with the hematologist on the 18th and won't give until I see him. Hopefully, I can go back to donating after that.

Hubby usually gives when I do, or especially if supplies are low, but he will be out of town next week.

Ok, sorry that took so long ...

You can call Janet Boshell directly (WellStar Health Systems Blood Donor Recruiter) on her cell phone ... 678-951-3531.

Come on gang ... your community needs you. There are lots of slots open for this blood drive and that's not a good thing. We need to fill them. You'll get a free pint of ice cream from Kroger as well as a coupon for a free sandwich from Chik-fil-a. Additionally, anyone who donates blood between January 1 and March 31, 2010 will be entered in a drawing to win a $1,000.00 gift card, compliments of the American Red Cross.

Ok, sorry that took so long ...

You can call Janet Boshell directly (WellStar Health Systems Blood Donor Recruiter) on her cell phone ... 678-951-3531.

Come on gang ... your community needs you. There are lots of slots open for this blood drive and that's not a good thing. We need to fill them. You'll get a free pint of ice cream from Kroger as well as a coupon for a free sandwich from Chik-fil-a. Additionally, anyone who donates blood between January 1 and March 31, 2010 will be entered in a drawing to win a $1,000.00 gift card, compliments of the American Red Cross.

Thank you UnionMom! I called, talked to Janet and got my appt!

I've never donated, but want to. What is the process?

This is a great time to start ... if you don't get the answers you seek from folks here, Janet will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Janet Boshell (WellStar Health Systems Blood Donor Recruiter) cell phone ... 678-951-3531.

I've never donated, but want to. What is the process?

The Red Cross has some great information on what to expect, and related info, on their website
-- As mentioned, I've donated about 40 pints over time -- never had a bad experience......

I will absolutely post as others in the area are scheduled.

For those planning on attending this one ... please be sure to call to schedule a time. We had one recently at the Cobb S.O. and had to turn people away because there were not enough people there to process the donations.

Thank you!

I can't this round due to timing, but this is on my list to start doing again this year :)

I have a really bad habit of passing out if I give blood, or else I would love to help. :sorry:

You can help by spreading the word. The more people there are who know about it, the more people there are that will be likely to give. I'm not able to give but I'm doing what I can to help get the word out.

I called and got my appt for 4:30 biggrin.gif

Remember folks ... even if you can't give blood yourself, spreading the word is helpful, too. If you can give blood, please do your best to try to get to this blood drive. They do ask that folks try to make appointments (it helps them staff/stock supplies appropriately) but they do also accept whatever walk-ins they can handle.

I'll post some updates later today re: number of appointments still available, other blood drives coming soon in the area, and any other questions y'all may have.

Got an email from Janet this morning ... she's excited to see more appointments being booked for next week's blood drive. Keep em coming, gang.

Also wanted to pass along the next blood drive in the immediate area:

WellStar Paulding Hospital

Monday, March 1 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

call Janet at 678-951-3531 to schedule your appointment