Paulding.com

My beautiful sister

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all so much for the very kind thoughts and prayers.   How I wish you could have known Shannon. She was loved by so many more people than I could possibly imagine. Shannon was, by far,

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

Posted Images

Thank you all so much for the very kind thoughts and prayers.

How I wish you could have known Shannon. She was loved by so many more people than I could possibly imagine. Shannon was, by far, the funniest person I have ever met. Her sense of humor was incredible. She was fiercely loyal to her friends, an amazingly dedicated employee and the fairest person I know. She had an amazing sense of right and wrong, and always did what was right, even if it was the tougher choice. I will miss her sense of humor more than you could know.

The only positive thing that came out of the last 18 months was that I never missed an opportunity to tell her that I loved her once she was diagnosed with cancer. How I wish I had told her that before.

In the end, I know she knew how much I loved her. I made it to her bedside, held her hand, told her I loved her, and then she was gone. She waited for us. I know that now, and I am so thankful I made it.

I will always remember her with laughter. I am so incredibly proud of my little sister.

I will miss you forever, Shanni! Watch over us until we can all be together again. I will watch for the roses and know you are with me.

See you on the other side, sweet sister. Sleep peacefully with the angels until I get there.........then we can raise some hell!!

• Like 4

Tara I just heard about Shannon. In one way I am sad and another way I am happy for Shannon . I am sad not for her but for us because we wanted to keep her here for us. But it was time for her to go not to die but just close her eyes and change Countries. No more suffering or sleepless nights . No more crying or worrying about going home just perfect rest like we have never known here. So rest in peace sweet Shannon you are another flower in God's bouquet . Tara hope you rest also knowing that you stood by your sister untill the very last minute the way all good sisters should do. So may God Bless you and your family and give you peace. You know all of your P.Com family are here for you if you need us.wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I do not know you or your family but I have been so touched by your sisters story from day one. There is just something about her picture that just makes you wish you knew her. Every word you have used to describe your sister is all over her face. She looks like an amazing woman. What strength you have shown throughout this whole process. I have so much respect and admiration for you. I can not even begin to say I know what you are going through because I dont but I have heard from many people that this is harder on the living then those who have passed. I do believe that and for you and your family I am truly sorry but for your beautiful sister I am so happy she no longer has to suffer.

I am so sorry for your loss and will continue to pray and keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thak you all, again. When Shannon was first diagnosed, my heart broke. When she told me it was stage 4, I thought I would die. How I wished it had been one of the other 5 of us, not Shannon. I didn't think she was strong enough to go through this. Boy, did she prove me wrong. She worked full time up until 6 weeks ago when she moved here. Shannon ran the #1 skating rink in the entire country, working 60 hour weeks, sometimes until 3 in the morning, all while undergoing chemo, amongst her other health issues. Aside from the 3 times she was hospitalized, she barely missed a day at work. She faced this challenge with her sense of humor. When I would ask how she was feeling, she would always say "the valet parking guy at the oncologist says I look great, so I must be doing fantastic". Boy, was she upset when that guy disappeared after a year! When the going got tough, Shannon got going!

Thank you again for all of the well wishes. Please donate to the Cancer society to help researchers find a way to beat this horrible disease. No family should have to suffer from this.

TARA

Oh Tara....I don't know what to say....I really am sorry for your loss. For days I have checked into Paulding.com only to check on Shannon, someone I have never met. I have never even met you, but you both have touched my life. Several times through the day I would think about Shannon. I relieve to hear that her difficult journey with cancer is over, but saddened in thinking about her family and friends she left behind. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been worried about your mother also. I pray that she stays in good health though this.

Malia

Shannon was such a beautiful person outside, looking at her picture

and reading your words about her show a beautiful person inside also.

Her strength and humor helped carry you guys through her painful journey

also and while I'm sorry that she is no longer here with you I am glad that

she is resting with our Lord, my heart hurts for your family that will miss her.

:wub:

Tara I am glad you went back to see her, she just needed to see you one more time before she took that journey..

please let us know about the funeral arrangements, and she fought a good battle, and victory is hers now.. I know those of us that are left behind when a loved one goes home, hurt, and we just do not know what to do.

please know you will continue to be in my prayers :wub:

Tara, when I saw Shannon's picture you put on here yesterday, I was so struck by her beauty. I put that picture as my avatar in remembrance of her. Do you have a memorial planned? God bless, sweetie

Thanks. That really touched me.

Shannon didn't want a memorial service. She wanted a roast! We will be doing it in NY in the next few months. In the meantime, I simply ask that you try to say something nice to everyone everyday, in Shannon's memory. You just never know what they might be going through and you could be the one person who puts a smile on their face. No matter how tough it was for Shannon in the last week, she was always polite and nice to everyone in the hopsital, always with a smile.......even when they were sticking her with needles.

Do this in memory of Shannon.

Shannon didn't want a memorial service. She wanted a roast! We will be doing it in NY in the next few months. In the meantime, I simply ask that you try to say something nice to everyone everyday, in Shannon's memory. You just never know what they might be going through and you could be the one person who puts a smile on their face. No matter how tough it was for Shannon in the last week, she was always polite and nice to everyone in the hopsital, always with a smile.......even when they were sticking her with needles.

Oh wow! Tara, what a great idea!!! From the roast, to the "paying it forward" for Shannon. Great ideas. She really was a shining light --- you can tell that as she shines through you! :wub: :drinks:

Tara, I am so sorry for the lose of your dear sister. I have prayed for her since I found out from reading your post asking for prayer for her. She was a beautiful lady , and from all you have said she was inside as well.

the last couple of nights I have prayed for a peacefull passing with out pain and with peace. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God bless .

HUGS

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

May peace be with her and your family. Please let us know if there will be local services.

Much love and many prayers, Bruce

What a beautiful idea! I agree--we need to learn to be a little more patient with each other--we really don't know the hurts behind the actions of some. The roast sounds like such a special, healing event. I hope you can share the experience with us.

Thank you all, again! The ourpouring of love from this community, people who didn't even know Shannon, continues to amaze me. My brothers and sisters and I have been laughing ourselves silly all day! We even laughed at the crematorium! I can totally see her sitting there saying "are you FREAKING KIDDING me?" when the funeral director was trying to "upsell" the urns.

My brother thought it would be funny to call us from her cell phone today. Naturally, that started us all wanting to text from her phone with silly messages like "I got lost on my way here", "made it in time for dinner" and "Waiting for you, hurry up". We have a sick sense of humor!

Shannon and I had a "sign". Her middle name is Rose, so she always said when I smelled roses it would be her coming to say hi. Today, her best friend was shopping and a bag of rose petals fell off the shelf and landed at her feet. Maria swears Shannon was trying to trip her (Maria doesn't know about the "rose pact").

Even gone, she is still making us laugh! I admire my sister SO much. If I could emulate even a small part of her, and have the love and respect so many others had for her, I will go to my grave happy.

Shannon was amazing. Enough said!

Thank you all, again! The ourpouring of love from this community, people who didn't even know Shannon, continues to amaze me. My brothers and sisters and I have been laughing ourselves silly all day! We even laughed at the crematorium! I can totally see her sitting there saying "are you FREAKING KIDDING me?" when the funeral director was trying to "upsell" the urns.

My brother thought it would be funny to call us from her cell phone today. Naturally, that started us all wanting to text from her phone with silly messages like "I got lost on my way here", "made it in time for dinner" and "Waiting for you, hurry up". We have a sick sense of humor!

Shannon and I had a "sign". Her middle name is Rose, so she always said when I smelled roses it would be her coming to say hi. Today, her best friend was shopping and a bag of rose petals fell off the shelf and landed at her feet. Maria swears Shannon was trying to trip her (Maria doesn't know about the "rose pact").

Even gone, she is still making us laugh! I admire my sister SO much. If I could emulate even a small part of her, and have the love and respect so many others had for her, I will go to my grave happy.

The rose story made me smile and cry. :wub:

I love reading your updates because it makes me smile to know that ya'll are handling this so well. The jokes and laughs may seem 'disrespectful' to some, but I'm right in that boat with you. When my sister passed and we were at the funeral home picking out her casket, it was a loaner because she was going to be cremated. Well, they had a blue one, a bronze one and a white one to choose from and since her hair was red, we all went to the bronze one without question. Out of the blue my nephew, who was inconsolable said, 'Hey...we should get the blue one just to pi$$ her off'. We all cracked up & the funeral director looked horrified!!

But you cope how is best for you and reading about Shannon, I can only imagine that she wouldn't want it any other way. (((HUGS)))

Thank you for sharing some funny moments with us... and Thank you for letting us get to know your sister through you..

she has left a wonderful testimony about her life.

I sent this email to the President of her company, Jim Dvorak, to pass on to the United Skates Management Team. Although she didn't post here often, she did read the board. This applies to Shannon's prayer warriors as well.

Dear USA Team Members:

Our family would like to express our appreciation for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes over the last 20 months.

Those of you who knew Shannon can appreciate the grace and humor she had while she dealt with her diagnosis and illness. USA was an integral part of our family's lives for the last 25 years. Ryan, Shawn and I made wonderful friends working for the company, and we were blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people. Shannon often said that she had tremendous respect and love for so many of you. You taught her so much, and she in turn taught us more. For that we are truly grateful.

Although Shannon wasn't perfect and had her weaknesses, she had a very black and white view of right and wrong. She always did what was right, even if it was the tougher choice. She believed in being a "forever friend", and was fiercely loyal to Jim Dvorak, Michael Fieger and Phil DeAngelo. I will always admire and respect her for that.

Many of you had the opportunity to enjoy her witty sense of humor. Some of you were on the cutting end of it. Either way, it will be sorely missed. I can only pray that I can emulate my sister. That would be an amazing tribute to her.

I never realized how many lives she touched until I saw so many former employees posting on her facebook page. Shannon would be surprised to learn how many lives she impacted over her USA career. She really didn't believe she was that influential. Her memorial tributes prove otherwise. Shannon was an amazing woman, taken away from us too young. Her memories and humor will live on in our hearts forever and we will all miss her until the day we leave this earth.

On behalf of my brothers and our entire family, I thank you so much for your love, prayers and support. It meant the world to Shannon to know there were so many people praying for her. Apparently, God needed her in Heaven more than we needed her here.

Please continue to remember her, to pray for her, and more importantly, to laugh with her. She certainly laughed with and at so many of you over the years.

With much love and appreciation,

TARA HENRY

and the entire Henry Family

I was just going through some old family photos that Shannon had in her wallet. I took them out of the holder and a small piece of paper fell out from between 2 photos.

It said:

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be

so he put his arms around you and he whispered come to me.

With tearful eyes I watched you a...nd I saw you pass away

Although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest

God broke my heart to prove to me he only takes the best.

Another sign?? I think so.....

See More

I was just going through some old family photos that Shannon had in her wallet. I took them out of the holder and a small piece of paper fell out from between 2 photos.

It said:

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be

so he put his arms around you and he whispered come to me.

With tearful eyes I watched you a...nd I saw you pass away

Although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest

God broke my heart to prove to me he only takes the best.

Another sign?? I think so.....

See More

That's what we had on the prayer card at my father's wake.

I know the Lord is still blessing you, Tara and family during this time.

As you know Tara, I am doing my part in lung cancer research with Wellstar. I'll be back there in Oct. for my 3rd year for their research for your sister and for others. :wub: