Paulding.com

My beautiful sister

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all so much for the very kind thoughts and prayers.   How I wish you could have known Shannon. She was loved by so many more people than I could possibly imagine. Shannon was, by far,

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

Posted Images

Tara, I wish I could find the words to comfort you. By posting Shannon's journey on here you have made her live in so many peoples' hearts and minds. As we have prayed for her, she has become a living part of our lives, too. As you meet us in the future, may you know that a memory of Shannon is here within us.

I am so sorry for loss. I like so many others don't know you or Shannon but have followed the stories you have shared with us about her. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the journey. I pray that God will provide you the peace that passes understanding and the strength to get through each and every trial that you encounter. You will see her again and until then she will continue to send you signs! She will continue to be a part of your life and she will help you make here until you are able to be with her for eternity :)

We are beginning the battle of cancer in our family with my father in law. He was diagnosed one week ago today with stage 4 lung cancer and is going down hill so fast. This is a horrible disease and shows no mercy. I will continue to pray for you and your family -God will surround you with his love and provide you with the people that you need to help you through this tough time.

You're in my prayers and thoughts Tara.

Thank you for letting me be a small part of your journey with her, from pick me ups in the mail, to PMs here, and all that you both shared through this.

I wipe away tears for a lady I never met in person... but for whom touched my heart none the less.

And yes, that was certainly a sign from Shannon!!! :wub:

Me too. :(

My beautiful sister took her last breath at 1:45 this afternoon. She waited for us to get to the hospice, and she passed about 30 seconds after we arrived, surrounded by me, my brothers and my mom. We were holding her hand, telling her we loved her, and she just left.

n722986092_2325623_9882.jpg

I will miss her until my final day on this earth.

When we got back in the car to leave, her 2 favorite songs came on, back to back. The first was Michael Jackson, her all time favorite entertainer. The second was Breathe (No Air). She called that one her theme song. I am sure those were signs from her, or at least I like to think so.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last 18 months. It has meant more than I can tell you.

TARA

I just saw this on FB.... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cray:

41 years ago today, Shannon was Christened. How appropriate that she went home today, which also happens to be our grandfather's birthday.

There are no words; God will lead you and guide you through this time and may you feel his presence always. wub.gif

When we got back in the car to leave, her 2 favorite songs came on, back to back. The first was Michael Jackson, her all time favorite entertainer. The second was Breathe (No Air). She called that one her theme song. I am sure those were signs from her, or at least I like to think so.

We know she is there with you, and those are signs you will hold on to forever and ever, amen!!

I am so sorry. I truly believe Shannon was sending you a message that her suffering was finally over and that she was letting you know she is at peace. I will continue to pray for you. Thank you for sharing Shannon's fight with us - I sincerely admired her strength and courage.

It is never easy, even when you know it is coming. I lost my sister 3 years ago this month so I feel your pain. I sit hear with tears flowing for you, knowing how hard it is to lose a sister and also remembering my sister. I will keep you in my prayers for strength and comfort.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. That is a lovely photo of your sister and yes she was a beautiful as well as strong and brave. She fought hard and you all fought right along with her. May God be with you and your family as you go through this difficult time. If there is anything I can do please just ask, I'm only a click away.

Tara, my prayers go out to you and your family. Bless you! I think you were receiving a nice little remembrance/sign when you heard those songs. It's amazing how we get those little nudges when we need them most.

I told Robbie to pass my thoughts and prayers to you. Hopefully he did. Love and prayers.....

Tara, their are no words. I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember she is with you.

My husband passed in 2001, our daughter married in 2004. In her wedding video during the ceremony you hear a bird chirping, she was married in early March. When both of her kids were born her and her dads favorite song came on the radio within just a few minutes of them coming home from the hospital. WE both knew it was a sign from him letting us know he was watching over all of us. Just as Shannon is letting you know she is watching over you and yours. May God bless you in this time of grief.