Paulding.com

Paulding's District 19 special election candidates showcased on video

Pubby I guess I am getting a little senile in my old age, But I do not remember what office that Mr Sibley ran for in the past, could you enlighten me on this? Was it the DA position?

Edited by PUBBY
edited to remove the html coding

Pubby I found that Mr Sibley ran for post 1 Commissioner in 2004, And was defeated by Larry Ragsdale, I also found that he was appointed to the water and sewer board to fill the un expired term of Jay Harmon, Under Chairman Shearin;s adminstration, This could raise a few eyebrows? HMMMMMMMMMMM?

• Like 1

Pubby I found that Mr Sibley ran for post 1 Commissioner in 2004, And was defeated by Larry Ragsdale, I also found that he was appointed to the water and sewer board to fill the un expired term of Jay Harmon, Under Chairman Shearin;s adminstration, This could raise a few eyebrows? HMMMMMMMMMMM?

Whitey, Ronnie Sibley also ran for Sheriff in 2000 against Bruce Harris. Both races were close ... like a 200-400 vote difference close ... (which I know is true in regard to the 2004 Post Commissioners race ... I don't think the 2000 sheriff's race was that close although I could be wrong and I've been told I was wrong.)

I do recall that one of the biggies of that Republican Primary was that Larry Ragsdale had promised to come to the debate but failed to show leaving Sibley on stage unopposed.

You are also right that Sibley was appointed to the water and sewer board by Jerry Shearin and was not reappointed when David Austin came into office.

pubby

When is the election?

Early voting is Monday, Feb 15 - Friday, Feb 19. Early voting hours are 8-5. You may vote at any of the following early voting locations during the early voting period.

Paulding County Election Office

240 Constitution Blvd. First Floor

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Mt. Tabor Park

1550 East Paulding Drive

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Russom Elementary School

44 Russom Elementary School Lane

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Hiram City Hall Courtroom (Previously Hiram Community Center)

217 Main Street

Hiram, Georgia 30141

=====

Voters registered before Thursday, January 28 in the 19th House district may vote in this election. To find out if you are in the 19th district, use the Poll locator.

The special election will be held February 23.

Early voting is Monday, Feb 15 - Friday, Feb 19. Early voting hours are 8-5. You may vote at any of the following early voting locations during the early voting period.

Paulding County Election Office

240 Constitution Blvd. First Floor

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Mt. Tabor Park

1550 East Paulding Drive

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Russom Elementary School

44 Russom Elementary School Lane

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Hiram City Hall Courtroom (Previously Hiram Community Center)

217 Main Street

Hiram, Georgia 30141

=====

Voters registered before Thursday, January 28 in the 19th House district may vote in this election. To find out if you are in the 19th district, use the Poll locator.

The special election will be held February 23.

Thanks! :good:

Are these the only 3 running for office? We have a good ole boy, a preppie Richardson wanna be, and a citizen who has walked the walk of common people..... too bad we can't combine these three into a candidate... good ole boy could con all, the preppie could introduce new things, and the citizen could make them realize why they were in office and who they should represent...and keep them in line....

Are these the only 3 running for office? We have a good ole boy, a preppie Richardson wanna be, and a citizen who has walked the walk of common people..... too bad we can't combine these three into a candidate... good ole boy could con all, the preppie could introduce new things, and the citizen could make them realize why they were in office and who they should represent...and keep them in line....

You nailed it.