Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Gentry

James Ray Gentry V, age 2, son of James Ray Gentry IV and Crystal Anne Gentry of Douglasville, GA passed away on Thursday, January 7, 2010. He was born on March 31, 2007 in Austell, GA.

Surviving other than his parents are his grandparents, Sandra & David Stephens of Powder Springs, Richard & Sue Tillery of Winston, GA and James Ray Gentry III of Dallas.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, January 11, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA with Bishop Chris Gilland officiating. The interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery with Tyler Tillery, Jason Harris, Josh Martin and Ron Stephens serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Prayers for this family...I don't know them personally but my husband works with this lil guy's dad. I've been thinking about them since he told me last night. No parent should ever have to go through this :(

I want to personally thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. James was a very special little boy and will be greatly missed by me and James, as well as everyone else he touched during his short time here. I am having a very hard time coming to terms with the fact that my baby is no longer here and that our house is completely empty and quiet. I don't feel like I will make it and feel that all the thoughts and prayers are not working. Please continue to keep us in your prayers, especially during the next few days which will be most difficult. We are very thankful for everyone we have in our lives that are helping us get through this.

Thanks again,

Crystal Gentry

I want to personally thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. James was a very special little boy and will be greatly missed by me and James, as well as everyone else he touched during his short time here. I am having a very hard time coming to terms with the fact that my baby is no longer here and that our house is completely empty and quiet. I don't feel like I will make it and feel that all the thoughts and prayers are not working. Please continue to keep us in your prayers, especially during the next few days which will be most difficult. We are very thankful for everyone we have in our lives that are helping us get through this.

Thanks again,

Crystal Gentry

Crystal & James... I have never met you but be assured that my heart is breaking for you. I don't know how you recover from the death of a child but let me urge you to seek out groups that are experienced in helping people get through this. I prayed for James when I saw the first thread about his illness and will continue to pray for you and your entire family. May God give you the peace, strength and comfort you need in the coming days, weeks, months & years. (((hugs))..

Thanks again,

Crystal Gentry

Crystal, my heart is just breaking for you and James. I'm at a loss for words. Please let me know if I can do anything for you or your mother. I'm here if you need me.

Your family has been in prayers ever since Ramah told me about him going to the hospital. I can't imagine how you feel, but live your life for him and in honor of him.

Did the doctors ever decide what was wrong?

Thanks again,

Crystal Gentry

Chrystal, I too am at a loss for words. Prayers for peace and comfort are continuing for you and James.

Mona, Eddie, Lauren & Morgan

Your family has been in prayers ever since Ramah told me about him going to the hospital. I can't imagine how you feel, but live your life for him and in honor of him.

Did the doctors ever decide what was wrong?

Just so you all know what happened (and hopefully can prevent it in your own lives with your own children), James had been wheezing and not breathing good for 2 days so we took him to the dr on Monday. Dr told us he had a sinus infection and all of the wheezing was from his sinus drainage so they gave him a decongestant and sent him home.Tuesday morning he lost consciousness and was not breathing for a full 7-10 minutes before they finally got him on a breathing machine at the hospital. He then started having seizures at the hospital and they immediately liftflighted him to Children's Healthcare of atl. While there he continued to have multiple seizures and they said it was caused by his lack of oxygen to his brain so they stopped those and did xrays. That showed that he had a hole in his lungs caused by untreated RSVP (PNEMONIA IN THE LUNGS) and the hole was leaking air bubbles into his body that were bursting.Although they were able to fix his lungs and get his breathing back on track, he had lost oxygen to his brain for too long and was brain dead 48 hours later. There was no stopping the swelling of his brain or the damage already done to it. (crying hysterically now!!) . I just wanted to let other parents to know that even if you think it might be a sinus infection that if your child is having trouble breathing, take him to a hospital. Dont bother taking them to a doctor that just wants to get him in and out and get paid.

I also want to thank everyone that came to the visitation last night and let me cry on your shoulder for awhile.I know that I got thru last night because of you and I know I will get through the funeral today because of you. There are not words to explain what I am going through right now I am lucky to have my husband, family and friends to lean on. Thank you for letting me vent on this site and to read the messages from all of you are very helpful to me. James was more special than I can explain in words and will never be forgotten because we will never let him.

I also want to thank everyone that came to the visitation last night and let me cry on your shoulder for awhile.I know that I got thru last night because of you and I know I will get through the funeral today because of you. There are not words to explain what I am going through right now I am lucky to have my husband, family and friends to lean on. Thank you for letting me vent on this site and to read the messages from all of you are very helpful to me. James was more special than I can explain in words and will never be forgotten because we will never let him.

Crystal, i can't read this thread without tears filling my eyes. Though I don't know you, My heart just aches for you and your family. I will keep you all in my heart and prayers!

I lost my youngest brother almost 3 years ago to the day. My family began Grief Support at West Ridge Church. You do NOT have to be a member to attend and everyone is very welcoming. Each person there has lost someone, most of them being their children. The group is led by a couple who lost their son as well.

When you are ready, I hope you and your husband will give this or something similar a try. Even if you don't think it will help. It has helped my family so much; dad still attends meetings when in session and has become close to some of the people there.

West Ridge

Grief Support (Grief Share and Grief Share for Kids)

For those who have experienced the death of a loved one. Children ages 5-12 meet simultaneously with the adult class. Meets periodically for13 week series, Tuesday evenings during Tuesday Night Life. Open enrollment. Contact jeffb@westridge.com for more information.

Prayers for you and your family sweet momma!

Well the funeral was today and I have finally gotten thru most of the worst of everything.Thanks to all of you who came.Clark funeral home was packed and everybody who went to the funeral also went to the burial which meant so much to me and James.We are now both sitting here in our living room looking around at everything we still have left to do (clean his room, donate his things, organize what we are going to keep,call insurance company etc...). The first thing I wanted to do was to get on here and thank all of you as well as Clark Funeral Home. They are the best people to deal with when you have a situation like this and I would not have wanted to deal with anyone else. They let me do whatever I wanted to do when it came to the Funeral and even went to the local pharmacy to get me medicine when I started getting sick. They will never know how much they mean to us. All of you are wonderful and I hope each of you understand what a special child I had who is now looking down on me smiling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a precious little baby. I'm so sorry you are going through this loss. Thank you so much for telling what happened so we can keep an eye out when that happens. I'm sure it was hard for you. I was crying too at the part you said you were crying! I hope you find that grief group when you are ready to share in person. May God be with you all who are missing your little boy. Mmmwaw!

I am so sorry yall are having to go through this. I cannot imagine. I have kept yall in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so. I wanted to ask if its ok to share this story with my friends and family? They all have alot of small children, and I would like to warn them about this. Thanks for sharing and may God give yall strength.

Well the funeral was today and I have finally gotten thru most of the worst of everything.Thanks to all of you who came.Clark funeral home was packed and everybody who went to the funeral also went to the burial which meant so much to me and James.We are now both sitting here in our living room looking around at everything we still have left to do (clean his room, donate his things, organize what we are going to keep,call insurance company etc...). The first thing I wanted to do was to get on here and thank all of you as well as Clark Funeral Home. They are the best people to deal with when you have a situation like this and I would not have wanted to deal with anyone else. They let me do whatever I wanted to do when it came to the Funeral and even went to the local pharmacy to get me medicine when I started getting sick. They will never know how much they mean to us. All of you are wonderful and I hope each of you understand what a special child I had who is now looking down on me smiling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You don't know me, but I have been where you are. My sweet baby boy would be 16 now. Don't rush yourself to do all of those things. There is no timetable. Don't expect the road to be easy, but you will make it, for him. I wish I could share something magical that would make it all better. It's okay to be angry, even angry with God. But do know He grieves with you. It's okay to ask why, though I doubt you'll ever have a real answer. God bless you. I know how hard it is.

I am so sorry yall are having to go through this. I cannot imagine. I have kept yall in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so. I wanted to ask if its ok to share this story with my friends and family? They all have alot of small children, and I would like to warn them about this. Thanks for sharing and may God give yall strength.

Please do share this with your family. I want everyone to know about this problem and about the doctors who seem to just want your money and dont want to bother checking out other possibilities that are out there. Our pediatrician never even mentioned the possibility of something more than a common cold and sinus infection. NO breathing treatments, no xrays (which would have shown the hole in his lungs), no test of his oxygen intake....NOTHING!!! Remember to always hug your children every day and tell them how much you love them because I can no longer do that and it breaks my heart every day ...(still crying) :( .

Crystal, I know God will give you and James the strength to get through this and your little man will always be watching over you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. (Hugs!!!)

Sandra Bagley

Thanks so much Sandra. It is good to hear from someone I know personally outside of family who shows their concern. This site has helped me grieve more than anything and I think god that someone told me about the thread that was started on here. It has been really hard and me and James are just amazed at the amount of support we have read on here. We had a hard day today but I immediately came home tonight and logged on so I could read the posts of support from everyone and let everyone know how much they have helped. :wub:

You don't know me, but I have been where you are. My sweet baby boy would be 16 now. Don't rush yourself to do all of those things. There is no timetable. Don't expect the road to be easy, but you will make it, for him. I wish I could share something magical that would make it all better. It's okay to be angry, even angry with God. But do know He grieves with you. It's okay to ask why, though I doubt you'll ever have a real answer. God bless you. I know how hard it is.

Thank you so much Madea. I am so sorry to hear about your son as well. I definetly can understand what you went through and are still going through even today. It is a hard journey and there may come a time when I will need to lean on someone (whether I know them or not ;)) so I appreciate your support and love.

Please do share this with your family. I want everyone to know about this problem and about the doctors who seem to just want your money and dont want to bother checking out other possibilities that are out there. Our pediatrician never even mentioned the possibility of something more than a common cold and sinus infection. NO breathing treatments, no xrays (which would have shown the hole in his lungs), no test of his oxygen intake....NOTHING!!! Remember to always hug your children every day and tell them how much you love them because I can no longer do that and it breaks my heart every day ...(still crying) :( .

Crystal,I'm so sorry we were not able to be there but you are in our prayers every day :wub:

~Amanda

Crystal,I'm so sorry we were not able to be there but you are in our prayers every day :wub:

~Amanda

Thank you Amanda, I know you would have been there if you could.I also appreciate all of the postings from your parents and Lauren. It means a lot to us. Most of all, I need to make sure ya'll understand that my mom is hurting just as much as me and needs all of the love and support that your family can offer her.