Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
AustinPlantation

8 Years and we're still not on GPS

One local Hiram office supply company's on-line site uses 3rd party delivery folks, not USPS, UPS or FedEx.

Unlike the major ones, they try and realize our street is not on GPS and, of course, they can't deliver unless we're home to guide them on the phone.

On top of that, the street next to us is mispelled on GPS systems.

Could never find out who is supposed to report it to where to get it updated.

Does anybody know?

One local Hiram office supply company's on-line site uses 3rd party delivery folks, not USPS, UPS or FedEx.

Unlike the major ones, they try and realize our street is not on GPS and, of course, they can't deliver unless we're home to guide them on the phone.

Does anybody know?

I dont know, but some places are difficult. I'm a dispatcher for a courier company. I use Map Point, but often times addresses wont come up, because it doesnt have updated info. When a drivers GPS cant find an address, I look on Google and that still doesnt always work and these are restaurants. If they use old GPS units, they probably still wont be able to find it. I've found drivers that have newer ones have less problems. It may not do any good to update it, because if they use old GPS's, they still wont find it. I may be wrong, but I dont think the GPS's automatically update.

Navteq is the supplier of mapping information to most GPS companies. They have a bug report process available on their website, but be prepared to wait about 2 years for them to check it out and make corrections. That's how long it took us to show up correctly on Google and Mapquest. The did actually e-mail us back two years after we made the report to tell us that they had made the corrections.

If you find out please post so we can get put on Mapquest, been here 8 years and still not on. Two different GPS can not find us, Magellen sends people to Villa Rica and Tom Tom sends people to a place that is almost corect but misses us by a half mile.

Navteq is the supplier of mapping information to most GPS companies. They have a bug report process available on their website, but be prepared to wait about 2 years for them to check it out and make corrections. That's how long it took us to show up correctly on Google and Mapquest. The did actually e-mail us back two years after we made the report to tell us that they had made the corrections.

Wow, at least they got it done in a timely manner. :glare: When we had our business address changed at work (on Google), I think it was a month or so...but thats a business.

I had a package shipped using "Velocity Express", but they could not find my house. They returned the package to Amazon.

When Paulding County re-assigned house numbers several years back, I don't think the changes got reported to the databases used for street mapping programs.

I live off of a shared private drive that appears to be a road. It is about 1/2 mile long. The first 1/4 mile splits into 4 private drives. All the mailboxes are at the top of the drive. NO COMPANY can EVER find the house or they deliver to the wrong one EVERY time. Before Xmas the all the neighbors got together at the top of the drive to exchange gifts...the ones that were delivered to the wrong house. :wacko:

Does anybody know?

DHL says my address doesn't exist. I make sure that anyone shipping anything to me pretends that DHL doesn't exist. They caused me to spend an April 15th chasing them around trying to get my tax returns that my accountant had shipped to me.

I thought DHL stopped delivering in the US.

DHL says my address doesn't exist. I make sure that anyone shipping anything to me pretends that DHL doesn't exist. They caused me to spend an April 15th chasing them around trying to get my tax returns that my accountant had shipped to me.

The "Global Positing System" (GPS) has nothing to do with the fact that you street does not show up on a navigation systems (Garmin, Magellan, etc) map. The system of "Global Position System" satellites only provide a signal that tells the navigation system its position. The map is in the unit, not in the satellite.

For more information on the "Global Positing System" see: http://www.gps.gov/