Paulding.com

What are these people thinking?!?!

This is plain disturbing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fetus-found-in-gift-241417.html

SAN JUAN, Texas — A south Texas couple put an aborted 7-month-old fetus in a gift box under a Christmas tree after they were unable to flush the remains down a toilet, authorities alleged Monday.

Ruby Lee Medina, 31, and Javier Gonzalez, 37, of Mission, have been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Bond was set Monday at $20,000 each.

There were not any charges for inducing one's own aboortzion.

Does that mean it is now legal to do so.

It seems so since that is what a morning after pill is.

At what stage of the pregnancy are you required to to hand over the remains to the authorities.

Ah! a slippery slope we have slid down here.

At what stage of the pregnancy are you required to to hand over the remains to the authorities.

Great points. I believe that you are able to terminate your own pregnancy by any means that you'd like...but your last question is a great one.

Isn't illegal in some states past a certain time frame? Like beyond the first trimester or something? IDK for sure...

I do know that if someone else causes a fetus to die he/she can be charged with murder of the unborn child. But, that could be possible in cases of murder of the mother, or in physical abuse of the mother.

Either way, it is terrible and it makes my heart hurt.

Edited by MrsB

The morning after pill does not work if you are already pregnant..And how in the world can you make yourself abort at 7 months on your own..Something is fishy with that...Makes me think she went into early labor and had a still birth.

The morning after pill does not work if you are already pregnant..And how in the world can you make yourself abort at 7 months on your own..Something is fishy with that...Makes me think she went into early labor and had a still birth.

An autopsy will determine if the baby took even one breath. If it did, they should be charged with murder.

Isn't illegal in some states past a certain time frame? Like beyond the first trimester or something? IDK fo ther sure...

I do know that if someone else causes a fetus to die he/she can be charged with murder of the unborn child. But, that could be possible in cases of murder of the mother, or in physical abuse of the mother.

Either way, it is terrible and it makes my heart hurt.

In the state of Texas it is 24 weeks unless it is to save the life of the mother.

Also, it seems that self-aboortzion is illegal in most states and it is an issue that is expected to come before the Supreme Court as Roe V Wade did not clarify this point.

In the state of Texas it is 24 weeks unless it is to save the life of the mother.

Also, it seems that self-aboortzion is illegal in most states and it is an issue that is expected to come before the Supreme Court as Roe V Wade did not clarify this point.

That's what I was thinking, but didn't know for sure. Thank you

This is a very disturbing story.........

I can't imagine what kind of pills she used.

But just to clarify:

The "Morning After" bill is not an aboortzion pill. It is a high dose of pregesterone to prevent pregancy.

RU487 is the aboortzion pill.

What if you do illegal drugs until this happens.

Does the hospital have charges pressed against you.

The article seems to insinuate they broke the law by how they disposed of the fetus. not so much that caused her own (miscarriage), aboortzion?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Maybe it was a miscarriage and they did not have the means to bury it.

An autopsy will determine if the baby took even one breath. If it did, they should be charged with murder.

I agree..And if she went into labor that early and did not go get medical attention she should be charged for that reason alone...to me when you are 7 months along that is a baby..not a fetus..The baby can survive but only in a Hosp.

The article seems to insinuate they broke the law by how they disposed of the fetus. not so much that caused her own (miscarriage), aboortzion?

Any birth after 20 weeks is considered a Stillbirth and they do a Death Cerft.

IMHO, the police are waiting for all the tests to come back before they show all their cards.

I agree..And if she went into labor that early and did not go get medical attention she should be charged for that reason alone...to me when you are 7 months along that is a baby..not a fetus..The baby can survive but only in a Hosp.

I'd be wiiling to bet that the "mother" never received any prenatal care. I have a friend who's son was born at 30 weeks in the doctor's office and spent 8 wks in the NICU. Today, you'd never know he was a preemie and he is very healthy.

IMHO, the police are waiting for all the tests to come back before they show all their cards.

I had thought about that, it is just interesting to me to see how the law tries to deal with this subject.

Defense attorneys will have a field day with cases like this.

I had thought about that, it is just interesting to me to see how the law tries to deal with this subject.

Defense attorneys will have a field day with cases like this.

I agree. If it was a self induced aboortzion and Texas charges her on that, it may go all the way to the Supreme Court and force them to clarify.

That is just disgusting!!!

:shok: A 7 month old fetus!?!?!?

I cannot even imagine wanting to abort a baby that far along.

By then, she's become a part of you....you can feel her moving inside of you.....oh how sad! :(

They should be charged with murder as far as I'm concerned! :angry:

Guest Hi~ho Silver

A mother can terminate her own pregnancy and that's okay. But if someone else causes the death of an unborn child, it's a crime. I hate double standards. This situation is just sick. Wrap the fetus and put it under the tree? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard. If I were a Texas DA, somebody would be going to jail for a while. I'll bet they are there illegally, which would make them criminals already.