Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

What will happen in the Speaker Richardson saga?

The Fate of the Speaker  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Speaker survive this challenge to his leadership?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. If the Speaker leaves the office speaker, how will the end come?

• He won't leave office, he'll survive retain his office as Speaker
    • He will be removed as the result of a vote on the permanence of his mental disability
    • He will leave as the result of a formal indictment brough by a grand jury
    • He will resign because of the pressure from members of his party
    • He will resign because of pressure from the Governor
    • He will resign because of pressure from the opposition party
    • He will resign and claim it is his sole decision based on the state of his mental health
  3. 3. If he does resign or is removed from the office of speaker, will he remain in the General Assembly?

• Yes, he will remain and represent Georgia's 19th House District
    • No, he will resign his house seat at the same time he steps down as Speaker
    • Yes, he will remain and remain Speaker but will resign after the coming session in April
  4. 4. Will there be more embarrassing revelations before he resigns or is removed?

• No, and he will weather this storm as he has other storms
    • No, there will be no more revelations because he will resign to keep them quiet
    • Yes, there will be additional revelations and those will contribute to his decision to resign

on the noon news it just shown where he has been ask to step down immediately

Beach Bum If you are referring to me as a hater of Glen Richardson,Then you are 100% wrong, I hate no one.

Having said that I do expect my elected officials to act in a manner that does not bring shame to the office that they have been elected to,Most of the defenders of the speaker in this thread openly blast elected officials of the other party in the "Political Forum" on a regular basis,They also have friends, Spouses, And children yet it is okay to drag them through the ringer.

I have never claimed to be Lily White,And I am not an elected official,Most people..... have some things in their past that they are not proud of And I am no exception, However that does not preclude me from venting about the actions of my ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Based on your analogy of this post,Do you hate every elected Democrat,Beause you have certaintly expressed your dislike for some of them.

And yes,some of the most vocal supporters of the speaker,Have much bigger issues than he is going through right now????????????????????

When I vent about Democrats or Republicans (and I have done both), I vent about policies - I don't vent about their PERSONAL LIVES!!!!

The one exception to that might be venting about Tim Geithner (Obama's United States Secretary of the Treasury) not paying his own income taxes when he is now in charge of the Department that oversees this very thing.

You bet your bottom dollar I will complain about the policies of ANY administration if I don't agree with them, whether it be Democrat or Republican. I am however not a coward and do not choose to dwell on their personal lives. I stick to the issues. If you will note, I rarely take part in discussions on this forum or anywhere else that attack people personally, other than defending when defending is due.

When I vent about Democrats or Republicans (and I have done both), I vent about policies - I don't vent about their PERSONAL LIVES!!!!

The one exception to that might be venting about Tim Geithner (Obama's United States Secretary of the Treasury) not paying his own income taxes when he is now in charge of the Department that oversees this very thing.

You bet your bottom dollar I will complain about the policies of ANY administration if I don't agree with them, whether it be Democrat or Republican. I am however not a coward and do not choose to dwell on their personal lives. I stick to the issues.

If you will note, I rarely take part in discussions on this forum or anywhere else that attack people personally, other than defending when defending is due.

I believe I have stuck to the issues as it relates to the speaker,unfortunely it does deal in part with his private life,Since the SPEAKER and his WIFE injected this into the news media THEMSELVES, Not me, that has in my opinion opened it up for public discussion.

I have and will complain about lobbiest and law makers having extramartial affairs,When bill's are before the Legislature,Is there something wrong with this??

What should the people of Paulding County do?,Accept this as a normal political event,stick their heads in the sand and let it blow over???

I have also said prayers for the family, But that does not excuse him from his actions

• Like 1

When a politician chooses to base his platform on "Family Values", and goes around wearing his religion on his sleeve, then he had best be true to both the family values and the religion.

Richardson was true to neither.

He chose to live in the glass house, AND to throw stones. And they are now his downfall.

His Mandatory Bible Study Bill was an insult to the people of the State of Georgia. And to sponsor and pass such a Bill and then NOT follow through to see to it his own school system in Paulding adopted the Bible Study course shows how it was just religious vote pandering.

His public arrogance fighting with the governor cost Paulding county $4million right of the top and our airport still is just a big dragstrip.

Another feather in his cap ?

The bills passed to make sure King Jerry had the legal authority to spend money on the airport and build the TajMahal without voter approval in a refernedum is going to have us paying for buildings we really did not need for years to come.

The logic behind his Sex-Offender's Residence Bill still eludes me.

Now we have them living in the woods and on the streets where we DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, instead of where we could keep an eye on them. And Richardson's response to questions about where they were supposed to live "I don't care!", let's us know again how it is all political grand-standing.

I have asked over and over, "What has Richardson done for the tax-paying voter of Paulding County while he has been in office ? or while he has been Speaker ?".

And don't hand me the Tom Murphy "Good Old Boy BS", .....Boss Hog Murphy ruled the House no more brazenly than Richardson, but he looked after his constituents in Bremen, Newnan, Harralson, and elsewhere.

And he did far more for Paulding, with the help of Nathan Dean and Charlie Watts than Speaker Richardson ever even considered doing.

In so far as Richardson's "political friends" standing by his side after he falls....., I will predict those who still have any standing in Georgia Politics and/or within the Republican Party will get as far away from Richardson as they can within 72 hours of when he steps down.

• Like 2

Just heard Karen Handel call for him to step down. I have said that I expect him to do the right thing and I believe that he will. It is just a matter of time. He is a human being and he has been our Representative from Paulding for quite some time. I agree that folks should not "kick him while he is down".

nothing like kicking a man when he's down! i don't like richardson, never have, he has

done this to himself, but, i won't kick him while he is down, i remember when i was young

someone got what he deserved, or what people thought he deserved, my daddy was very

nice to him and he had done my dad wrong, when question why he was trying to help him

that was my dad's answer, "he won't kick him while he is down" funny, what things

you remember!

Your daddy sounds like a wonderful person. It would be nice if more people thought (and acted) this way but, it seems as though some are like vultures waiting to peck at a carcus.....no matter the circumstnace :good:

When a politician chooses to base his platform on "Family Values", and goes around wearing his religion on his sleeve, then he had best be true to both the family values and the religion.

Richardson was true to neither.

He chose to live in the glass house, AND to throw stones. And they are now his downfall.

His Mandatory Bible Study Bill was an insult to the people of the State of Georgia. And to sponsor and pass such a Bill and then NOT follow through to see to it his own school system in Paulding adopted the Bible Study course shows how it was just religious vote pandering.

His public arrogance fighting with the governor cost Paulding county $4million right of the top and our airport still is just a big dragstrip.

Another feather in his cap ?

The bills passed to make sure King Jerry had the legal authority to spend money on the airport and build the TajMahal without voter approval in a refernedum is going to have us paying for buildings we really did not need for years to come.

The logic behind his Sex-Offender's Residence Bill still eludes me.

Now we have them living in the woods and on the streets where we DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, instead of where we could keep an eye on them. And Richardson's response to questions about where they were supposed to live "I don't care!", let's us know again how it is all political grand-standing.

I have asked over and over, "What has Richardson done for the tax-paying voter of Paulding County while he has been in office ? or while he has been Speaker ?".

And don't hand me the Tom Murphy "Good Old Boy BS", .....Boss Hog Murphy ruled the House no more brazenly than Richardson, but he looked after his constituents in Bremen, Newnan, Harralson, and elsewhere.

And he did far more for Paulding, with the help of Nathan Dean and Charlie Watts than Speaker Richardson ever even considered doing.

In so far as Richardson's "political friends" standing by his side after he falls....., I will predict those who still have any standing in Georgia Politics and/or within the Republican Party will get as far away from Richardson as they can within 72 hours of when he steps down.

:clapping: :good:

Just heard Karen Handel call for him to step down. I have said that I expect him to do the right thing and I believe that he will. It is just a matter of time. He is a human being and he has been our Representative from Paulding for quite some time. I agree that folks should not "kick him while he is down".

I think he should step down also,It is hard for me to understand the thoughts of the Local Republican party in this matter,expecially since most of the top contenders for the Republican party nomination for governor have voiced their disproval of his actions and asked that he step aside.

Wonder why ya'll do not consider this as "kicking him when he is down"?????????????????

Who are "they" ???

Why beat around the bush ???

:huh:

I wanted him out of there 2 years ago, guess that is about the time he was accused of the lobbyist scandal.

He is power hungry and arrogant, and I understand that since he has become speaker he has CHANGED a whole lot.

I think the whole suicide thing was a cover to deflect what he REALLY HAD done.

I think he should step down also,It is hard for me to understand the thoughts of the Local Republican party in this matter,expecially since most of the top contenders for the Republican party nomination for governor have voiced their disproval of his actions and asked that he step aside.

Wonder why ya'll do not consider this as "kicking him when he is down"?????????????????

I think it will soon be water under the dam. I believe it is playing its self out and the Party does not NEED to make a public statement. Leave the man a little dignity. Why can't you, if the end result is what you want anyway? I am speaking of you personally.

Well, he is not going to resign his office. Unless the House Republican Caucus can vote him out, you haters are stuck with him.

what? what's that you say???

STORY HERE

House Speaker Glenn Richardson Resigns

Updated: Thursday, 03 Dec 2009, 4:26 PM EST

Published : Thursday, 03 Dec 2009, 4:26 PM EST

Edited By: Leigha Baugham | myfoxatlanta.com

ATLANTA (MyFOX ATLANTA) - Embattled Georgia House Speaker Glenn Richardson announced his resignation Thursday afternoon. The announcement came after several top Georgia politicians asked Richardson to step down in light of allegations made by his ex-wife that he had an affair with a former lobbyist.

On Thursday, Secretary of State Karen Handel became the first top elected Republican to call for Glenn Richardson to step down as speaker of the House.

I can't help it......I have to ask...

does anyone know if Hiramgirl happens to work for Atlanta Gas Light ?

You have got to be kidding me.....................how low will you go??

Ohhhhh......I have to say that I think you have "done it now". Too bad, so sad...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THIS IS GREAT!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! IT IS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!

Well, he is not going to resign his office. Unless the House Republican Caucus can vote him out, you haters are stuck with him.

Pssst.........HE OUTA HERE!

Obviously you know about as much about Richardson now as you did during the last election.

Not cool surepip!nea.gif

You are right NJ - it is not cool and my guess is that he will soon find out why. :lol:

But,but but how does Hiram Girl know so much about Glenn?

I mean during the election she was saying what a GREAT guy he was.....and just yesterday she was saying that he WAS NOT going to resign.

Okay, so she was wrong on both accounts. But she really enjoyed making people think she knew ol Glenny (not in a Biblical way).

But,but but how does Hiram Girl know so much about Glenn?

I mean during the election she was saying what a GREAT guy he was.....and just yesterday she was saying that he WAS NOT going to resign.

Okay, so she was wrong on both accounts. But she really enjoyed making people think she knew ol Glenny (not in a Biblical way).

I don't know. Maybe you can hire you a lawyer and find out..........

EXCELLENT POST. What more do they want - his political career has probably ended, his life is in shambles, he and his family are suffering... The good thing though is that Glenn will survive, he will eventually thrive again, he will once again become successful (which is a lot more than I can say for some here)!

Once again, I pray that Glenn, Susan, the precious children, Glenn's family and friends will conquer and overcome this tragic situation and all of them come out better and stronger.

And yes, you are right naturegirl, I sure hope none of these "haters" have anything to hide themselves - it will come out eventually and I pray that when it does, I pray they have the support of their friends and family also.

Everybody has something you know.........and some that are being so vocal have much "bigger" issues than Glenn ever thought about having. And that is a fact!

Sounds like a personal attack and a veiled threat.

Oh please......I have never been in trouble in my entire life. You should really watch accusing people of things and I mean this from a legal standpoint. Just a bit of friendly advice...........

Sometimes it's better just to stay out of it. Perhaps this is one of those times. ;)

Oh please......I have never been in trouble in my entire life. You should really watch accusing people of things and I mean this from a legal standpoint. Just a bit of friendly advice...........

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I wasn't accusing you of anything. I said that your statement sounded like a vieled threat. If you want to take it some other way, by all means knock yourself out. It does sound like you are threatening people with something.

And a very personal attack.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I wasn't accusing you of anything. I said that your statement sounded like a vieled threat. If you want to take it some other way, by all means knock yourself out. It does sound like you are threatening people with something.

And a very personal attack.

If it was personal who was the person being attacked??? Beach Bum couldn't hurt a flea............:wub:

It sounded like a personal attack saying people are not successful and therefore somehow jealous. SOME would consider that a personal attack on character. Others may not. Your mileage may vary.

Let's settle down people. REPORTS have been logged. Lock and load.

May the magic of the day brighten all our time together!

Shop the Mayberry shoppes often. Wear those seat belts. Cheers.

Hey, Deputy!! Moving along now, have a great evening. :drinks:

Oh Rafe. I just love it when you take charge and put on a show for us. :yahoo:

I don't know. Maybe you can hire you a lawyer and find out..........

Hire? I thought it was a necessity to have a lawyer if you lived in Paulding and owned anything of value (and was not buddies with all the crooks).

Hire? I thought it was a necessity to have a lawyer if you lived in Paulding and owned anything of value (and was not buddies with all the crooks).

I would be very, very careful about calling people crooks feelip. Something about burden of proof.......

ROFL! All the world is stage to you, Rafe. Even pcom. :rofl:

I would be very, very careful about calling people crooks feelip. Something about burden of proof.......

Maybe my freinds that worked in the office at a certain construction company might be able to verify my accusations. Matter of fact, they already said they would. Wanna play? ;)

BTW, I would stop with the threats.

Maybe my freinds that worked in the office at a certain construction company might be able to verify my accusations. Matter of fact, they already said they would. Wanna play? ;)

BTW, I would stop with the threats.

No threats - just friendly advice. After all, Glenn is going to have plenty of free time on his hands. Oh and by the way, accusations are one thing and proof is another.

Pardon me, a'int this topic about Glenn Richardson? Seems to be drifting a bit.

Yep - you are right, the topic is about Glenn. :drinks: