Paulding.com

Hiram falls 21- 7 - Great 11-1 season guys

Hiram is now in the lead after they recovered a Rockdale county fumble on the Rockdale 20. On the next play or so, I understand, Hiram put it across on a 20 yard run. A penalty on the extra point, put the Hornets back five but without effect. point good.

pubby

They so ROCK this year!!!! My daughter works with the team. :)

Second quarter has started with Rockdale in possession. The battle is turning into a midfield defensive battle with three downs and a punt ... the big variation being that Rockdale has two turnovers (the fumble that led to the first HIRAM TD) and a pass interception.

Maybe a tough game but one thing I've noticed is the comeback calibre of the Hornets. That speaks to conditioning so, while other teams seem to be competitive or even superior in the early going, the superior conditioning seems to come to the fore by the early part of the second half.

we'll see but Hiram continues its 7-0 lead as the game goes into the second quarter.

pubby

Second quarter has started with Rockdale in possession. The battle is turning into a midfield defensive battle with three downs and a punt ... the big variation being that Rockdale has two turnovers (the fumble that led to the first HIRAM TD) and a pass interception.

Maybe a tough game but one thing I've noticed is the comeback calibre of the Hornets. That speaks to conditioning so, while other teams seem to be competitive or even superior in the early going, the superior conditioning seems to come to the fore by the early part of the second half.

we'll see but Hiram continues its 7-0 lead as the game goes into the second quarter.

pubby

Thanks, Pubby. GO HORNETS!!!!!

Rockdale threatened as the first half was coming to an end ... they pushed to the Hornets 27 where they stalled and sought but failed to put three points on the board with a field goal. No go ... Hiram leads at half 7-0

pubby

Rockdale threatened as the first half was coming to an end ... they pushed to the Hornets 27 where they stalled and sought but failed to put three points on the board with a field goal. No go ... Hiram leads at half 7-0

pubby

Go Band of Gold....my daughter plays the trombone

Sorry... was off line and didn't get an update... Now about 5 minutes left in the game and Rockdale County apparently came out inspired after halftime and now lead the Hornets 21-7.

The Hornets do have the ball so all is not lost ... but it doesn't look good for the home team.

pubby

I always loved this quote:

"For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game." -

-- Grantland Rice

The Hornets have played a "heck of a game" all season. Congratulations on a great season - you guys make us proud!

Great Job Hiram clapping.gif yahoo.gif

You did us all Proud!!!

I look forward to cheering you on in the Fall of 2010

Love ya....from a Tuba Mom...Band of Gold wub.gif biggrin.gif

Wow, wasnt expecting that. I fell asleep after I read the half time score.Was sure they would come back in the second half with a vengeance. Where did the three touch downs come from? Anyway. Great Season Hiram Hornets, we are proud of you. Region 7 Champions and a 11-1 Season, that is awesome.