Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
1969james

Where are you from?

did you go to high school in dville.. I graduated in 93

No...I was in my mid 20's when I moved to Douglasville.

My graduation year was 82.

I lived in Montgomery, Al until the 6th grade, then Gadsden, AL. Moved to Dallas about 10 months or so after I got out of high school

My husband grew up in Glencoe and graduated from Glencoe High School.

Edited by Cajun

Born and raised in East Chicago, IN. Moved to Portage, IN in 1972. Left the good ole US and headed to Germany from 1984-1987. Came back to Portage until 1996 and moved here to GA. First to Norcross, then Buckhead, then bought a home in Lawerenceville, sold house and moved here to Dallas in 2005.

Born and raised in East Chicago, IN. Moved to Portage, IN in 1972. Left the good ole US and headed to Germany from 1984-1987. Came back to Portage until 1996 and moved here to GA. First to Norcross, then Buckhead, then bought a home in Lawerenceville, sold house and moved here to Dallas in 2005.

Your hometown isn't far from my mom's, Michigan City. I went back through there earlier this year, I can see why you moved, but I'm sure it wasn't always like that...

Born in Savannah, Ga., moved to Cincinnati Ohio at 15 to live with my sister and then back to Savannah at 16. Married when I was 17 and in 1993 when I was 20 DH and I moved to Marietta. We then moved to Hiram in March of 1999 and we have been here since.

We moved to Marietta when DH decided to become a pipe fitter with Local 72.

Born in Gilmer Co,WV. Moved to Danville Va, lived there for 18 yrs,hubby retired and we moved to Paulding ,Co to be near son. Love it,Lived here for 14 yrs.

Well since Paulding County has never had a womens center or delivered babies, I was born in lithia Springs at Parkway medical center, but I have always lived in Hiram, 28 yrs of watching a once small town grow.

Your hometown isn't far from my mom's, Michigan City. I went back through there earlier this year, I can see why you moved, but I'm sure it wasn't always like that...

You are right, that area, Porter County is not like it used to be. My mother is still in Portage in a nursing home and I was up there this past Sept. I still have classmates and friends and relatives who still live up there and keep in contact.

Edited by PraiseThee

No...I was in my mid 20's when I moved to Douglasville.

My graduation year was 82.

I lived in Montgomery, Al until the 6th grade, then Gadsden, AL. Moved to Dallas about 10 months or so after I got out of high school

My husband grew up in Glencoe and graduated from Glencoe High School.

I went to Southside

Was born in Atlanta (Georgia Baptist Hospital)at 2 years old moved to Marietta/Austell behind Cobb Hospital, Lived there until 1979, moved back to Atlanta , went to Northside High School, moved to Mableton when I got married in 1985, moved to Dallas in 1995, but all through my life I was always around Dallas, Powder Springs. Schools in Cobb was Russell Elementary, Floyd Middle School/district change put me at Garrett Middle in 1977. I have ran into alot of people from Atlanta that I went to High school with and they have all moved to west Ga.

Born in Winfield,Illinois in 79, moved to Kennesaw in 81 then to Cartersville in 84 then back to Kennesaw in 85. I stayed there until 98 when I moved back to Cartersville and I moved to Dallas in 04.

I've moved 12 times but have only ever lived in 4 cities.

I was born in Ft. Lewis, Washington -- in an Army hospital.

Moved to Irving, Texas when I was 2. My grandparents had to move from AZ and was "placed" in Irving because my grandfather was in the witness protection program (no joke; but all is well, now). As a result of my grandparents moving to Irving, my parents (as well as the rest of our HUGE family) decided to move there, also.

I moved to D'ville (on my own) in July of 2001 and met my future wife. Got married in '02, then moved back to Irving, in '03 only to return (and purchase a house) in Dec. of '08.

And if I have anything to do with it, and I think I do, I intend to stay here! After all, having to go through Customs coming into GA is a PAIN! glare.gif wink.gif

Born in Atlanta but we lived in Austell, and in 1983 when I was 3 years old, we moved to Paulding. My husband and I moved to Rockmart (still Paulding) three years ago and I'm ready to get back to civilization, aka, Hiram. When we moved to Paulding in '83 there was nothing in Hiram. Even when I was a little older I can remember having to go to Dallas to go grocery shopping, and Cumberland was the closest mall. I'll never forget how exciting it was when Kmart was built. :rolleyes: All of my friends from church called Hiram the boondocks and now most of them live here.

Born In Atlanta, Moved to Smyrna and attended school there, then moved to Paulding in 1979. Lived here ever since. There was still 10 cent pay phone at the intersection of 92 and Hwy 278 when I moved here in the center of the street. loved this town when I moved here and still do. Started work at Paulding Hospital in 1992 and been there ever since. Love it here and Love my job.

Born in Winfield,Illinois in 79, moved to Kennesaw in 81 then to Cartersville in 84 then back to Kennesaw in 85. I stayed there until 98 when I moved back to Cartersville and I moved to Dallas in 04.

I've moved 12 times but have only ever lived in 4 cities.

Bet we were born in the same hospital...Central Dupage.

Bet we were born in the same hospital...Central Dupage.

Yes!! I just Googled Winfield after I typed my post on here, I had never really looked anything up about the town and knew nothing about it since we moved when I was so little. There's a pic of Central DuPage Hospital and I showed my daughter, she thought it was cool to see where I was born!

I like your vette, that's another thing we have in common. I don't have one but grew up with them and learned to drive a stick in one!

Born in D-ville cause you know they don't know nuffin about birthin' babies here in Paulding County. I was raised in Hiram, then moved to D-ville in 2002 when I married hubby (Z29media). Then we moved to Irving, Texas in 2003 and came back to Dallas last December. We bought a house and we are here to stay!

My family actually goes back all the way before Paulding County was even a county. I have documents where my family received land in the Dallas/Hiram area in the land lottery.

Edited by Myprayers77

Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia....

I guess my humor is too obscure. :D

OK...I was born in Fort Oglethorpe, GA; moved to Ringgold, then Symrna, then Austell, then to Paulding about 11 years ago.

All Georgia, just different zip codes.

Born in Atlanta, move to Morrow for a few years and then to Dallas in 1963.

Both my Mom and Dad's family were from Paulding.

born and raised in Marietta off Hurt Rd, 1974-1993, moved to Wisconsin from 1993-1997 (didnt like that) lived in Powder Springs 1997-2000, and moved to Paulding County and still living here 2000-present!!!

I'm originally from Savannah,GA, went to high school in Augusta,GA. I don't count the places I lived while in the military, too many to name, I went back to Augusta before deciding to move to Atlanta. I ended up in Vinings 6 years ago and was more than happy to move to Dallas recently. My wife is originally from Kalamazoo,Michigan and loves it here in Dallas.

grew up military, married military. i've lived on the west coast, east coast, gulf coast, and caribbean.

moved to paulding county in november of 02.

born and raised in Marietta off Hurt Rd, 1974-1993, moved to Wisconsin from 1993-1997 (didnt like that) lived in Powder Springs 1997-2000, and moved to Paulding County and still living here 2000-present!!!

My husband grew up on Hurt Road too.

Born and raised for the first 17 years in Missouri,

Lived the next 10 years in the USMC,

Tallahassee, FL

Leesburg, GA

and

HERE!

For the majority of my life I have actually lived in the state of confusion. :blink:

am I really the only Alaskan???

I've been to Anchorage...does that count?

Born in Rome Georgia, Raised in Summerville GA, moved to Calhoun GA in '87, moved to Paulding in 2000.

I was born in Toronto and raised mostly in that area, although I have lived in Sudbury, Oshawa, Waterloo, Winnipeg, Monza (Italy) and Rochester, MN. I've lived In the Atlanta area for almost 26 years. My daughter (born in Winnipeg) has been in this area for almost 15 years. She lives in Snellville with my grandson. My son was born here and lives in Acworth with his wife.

Born and raised here in good ol' PC. so was DH, except when he was in the army. Mom and Dad mainly lived here all there lives.