Paulding.com

My prayers are with Glenn Richardson and family

I heard the report and was going to post but couldn't find the article ....

I agree -- he needs our thoughts and support, plus he needs to resign to get the help that he needs. Thoughts to his entire family as he works through his problems.

and FYI my statement about resignation has nothing to do with his views/my agreements or not -- it is based on having an extremely stressful job which wouldn't help him or us in treatment.

He has no intention of resigning he attempted to take his life on Sunday evening.. from what the news just said..

and since he is the one that told the news all of this.. then I hope it is ok to post this, if not then Mods do your thing and move it.

Prayers for Mr. Richardson, depression is a seriously fatal disease.

It is also an embarrassing one for many that have it.

I hope that he gets all the help he needs, and the compassion he deserves as he works through it.

This year, I admit that even I have trudged through the outer edges of some of the dark places that Mr. Richardson has recently found himself. This kind of problem transcends political viewpoints and is no laughing matter for anyone on the left or the right. I pray for the best for him as he seeks recovery. I hope his open discussion of his problem helps others to be aware of depression in people they know, and helps other depressed people find the strength to call out for help.

I hope he gets the help he needs, for sure. Depression is hard thing to deal with. I heard the call on the PCSO scanner Sunday night. (I wondered if it would come out.) I heard the supervisor on duty from the PCSO, request that all traffic (radio traffic) reguarding Glenn Richardson only be transmitted via cell phones. I knew immediatly it was to be kept quite if possible. Then today it was on the news....Someone could not keep there mouth shut. Maybe Glenn, or maybe not....He might not had a choice. I bet he didn't.......No matter what, I am glad he is doing well, and I pray he continues to do so. Summary is.........the truth always come out....and there is usually someone there that makes sure..........

I heard the report and was going to post but couldn't find the article ....

I agree -- he needs our thoughts and support, plus he needs to resign to get the help that he needs. Thoughts to his entire family as he works through his problems.

I disagree about him needing to resign. He may need to take some time off to begin healing but to resign would probably worsen the depression. I know from personal experience, keeping busy will help. I think his depression is rooted from his divorce not from his job.

I disagree about him needing to resign. He may need to take some time off to begin healing but to resign would probably worsen the depression. I know from personal experience, keeping busy will help. I think his depression is rooted from his divorce not from his job.

I think you make a good point. I suspect that he will be even more energetic in his job now that he is coming to grips with his depression.

Good luck, Glenn.