Paulding.com

Busted my butt going down my stairs..

So as I was going down my stairs this morning to let my dogs outside..my feet slipped out from under me and I busted my butt pretty good. Fortunately, I only landed on my tail and slid down a couple stairs, but I did land pretty hard! I sat there for a minute, then got up and kept walking to the door and let the dogs out...but I got extremely dizzy and had to sit down. I continued to feel a cold sweat and get nauseous and almost black out. My butt is more than likely going to be a giant bruise tomorrow, my ribs are sore from the hard jar I guess..but I STILL feel nauseous over 4 hours later. I know I didn't hit my head..I simply landed on my butt pretty hard. Anyone do something silly like this before? Or know why I'm still feeling like complete crap? I mean, I didn't even eat breakfast or drink my morning coffee I was feeling so sick to my stomach afterwards...

so you didn't hit anything else but your butt? didn't hit your back on one of the stairs or a railing? if you cracked your tail bone that could make you feel nauseated. Does it hurt real bad to sit on a hard surface? does it hurt to get up and down? If it were me and I was still feeing nauseated I think I would go get checked out just to be on the safe side. Be sure if you go to tell them about all the symptoms you had right after the fall.

I have done this so many times. :lol: Did you take any asprin? If you did it might be making you feel the way you do if you did not eat anything. I heard it can cause your stomach to mess up if you take it on an empty stomach. If you did not take anything then I don't really know why you would be feeling like that. anyhoo, I hope you feel better soon.

yup. fell down my front stairs the weekend before spring break, 2008.

there's still a small knot, the size of a walnut, in my right butt cheek.

it was kind of a big deal. not only was my ass bruised, i screwed up my elbow and shoulder.

still have residual issues.

go see a doctor.

it'll prolly get worse, in the next few days. mine sure did.

Thanks for all the feedback, y'all! I just thought it was kinda wierd..I mean I've busted it several times before but never really had any after-effects like this.

so you didn't hit anything else but your butt? didn't hit your back on one of the stairs or a railing? if you cracked your tail bone that could make you feel nauseated. Does it hurt real bad to sit on a hard surface? does it hurt to get up and down? If it were me and I was still feeing nauseated I think I would go get checked out just to be on the safe side. Be sure if you go to tell them about all the symptoms you had right after the fall.

No..I just busted my butt and I know I didn't hit my back or head. Yes it definitely hurts to sit on my office chair but not excruciating. Just enough to hurt a little, but if I sit forward a tiny bit I don't feel it at all.

I have done this so many times. :lol: Did you take any asprin? If you did it might be making you feel the way you do if you did not eat anything. I heard it can cause your stomach to mess up if you take it on an empty stomach. If you did not take anything then I don't really know why you would be feeling like that. anyhoo, I hope you feel better soon.

I waited to take some Tylenol until after I ate 3 peanut butter crackers about an hour ago. Before then, I didn't take anything. Thank you!!

Thanks for all the feedback, y'all! I just thought it was kinda wierd..I mean I've busted it several times before but never really had any after-effects like this.

No..I just busted my butt and I know I didn't hit my back or head. Yes it definitely hurts to sit on my office chair but not excruciating. Just enough to hurt a little, but if I sit forward a tiny bit I don't feel it at all.

I waited to take some Tylenol until after I ate 3 peanut butter crackers about an hour ago. Before then, I didn't take anything. Thank you!!

if you lean forward and it doesn't hurt, then your taking the pressure off your tail bone. It could be cracked...not sure what they can do for it to be honest, but that's what it sounds like you might have done. I would atleast get it checked if it keeps bothering you today and your feeling crappy. Always better to be safe than sorry. No matter what you do I hope you feel better and the soreness isn't to bad this afternoon/tomorrow :)

if you lean forward and it doesn't hurt, then your taking the pressure off your tail bone. It could be cracked...not sure what they can do for it to be honest, but that's what it sounds like you might have done. I would atleast get it checked if it keeps bothering you today and your feeling crappy. Always better to be safe than sorry. No matter what you do I hope you feel better and the soreness isn't to bad this afternoon/tomorrow :)

Thank you! :wub: I had a friend that broke his "coccyx" (sp?) one time when we were out fourwheeling..he wrecked his and broke his butt bone, lol. Couldn't do anything for him but give him a foam pillow to sit on for a while, lol!! I'll see how I feel later, might just go to one of those immediate med places because I really don't wanna take off work.

Nothing in this world hurts quite like a bruised or a cracked coccyx. Bad thing is, there's nothing they can do for it except pain meds and a donut pillow.

So as I was going down my stairs this morning to let my dogs outside..my feet slipped out from under me and I busted my butt pretty good. Fortunately, I only landed on my tail and slid down a couple stairs, but I did land pretty hard! I sat there for a minute, then got up and kept walking to the door and let the dogs out...but I got extremely dizzy and had to sit down. I continued to feel a cold sweat and get nauseous and almost black out. My butt is more than likely going to be a giant bruise tomorrow, my ribs are sore from the hard jar I guess..but I STILL feel nauseous over 4 hours later. I know I didn't hit my head..I simply landed on my butt pretty hard. Anyone do something silly like this before? Or know why I'm still feeling like complete crap? I mean, I didn't even eat breakfast or drink my morning coffee I was feeling so sick to my stomach afterwards...

You can get whiplash from an injury like this, it could be some swelling in your cervical spine that is causing the added symptoms.

You can get whiplash from an injury like this, it could be some swelling in your cervical spine that is causing the added symptoms.

Oh jeeze! Really? I had no idea you could get whiplash from that..

Well right now I don't feel nauseous anymore. Just sore in my Butt-tocks (like Forrest Gump would say, lol!). And my lower back is sore too. I have a slight headache, but I'm not sure if that's related to this or just work lol.

YIKES! Makes my tailbone ache just reading your post! Maybe you should go ahead as others have suggested and have it checked out. Feel better soon.

Oh jeeze! Really? I had no idea you could get whiplash from that..

Well right now I don't feel nauseous anymore. Just sore in my Butt-tocks (like Forrest Gump would say, lol!). And my lower back is sore too. I have a slight headache, but I'm not sure if that's related to this or just work lol.

If the headache gets worse you may want to have your chiro check your neck.

As for the other end, there is usually not much you can do butt :D let it heal.

Been there done that at the age of 19 on my Mom's basement stairs in the house I grew up in. Except as my feet slid out from under me my head bobbed back and forth as the back of it hit each wooden stair step. It probably hit 4-5 of them. My neck has never been the same since and that is also when my migraine headaches started.

IF you didn't hit your head, then you could still have bruised vertebra with swelling or even have a cracked one. EITHER can cause your body to have nausea as a reaction. You need to go to a doctor or ER and have xrays performed, it would be best to do them before any swelling gets bad. You can also bruise your organs etc. Nausea and dizziness are just two of the body's warning signs that something is wrong.

Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you again for all the replies...the information is very helpful. I will keep an eye on everything. My mom was mad when I told her a few minutes ago what happened, but I didn't tell her this morning before we both left for work. lol. I didn't want her freaking out like moms do.

I would go to the doc.

When I was in Helen my friend fell down the steps. A few days later she still felt sick and went to the doctor. From the fall a blot clot formed and she had to have surgery.

Better to be safe if you are still feeling sick

so how are you feeling today?

I feel fine, other than a sore butt! I do think I may have cracked something...but you can't put a butt in a cast soo, I'm holding off on visiting a doctor unless I notice anything other than the pain in my butt, lol! I can sit on soft surfaces like a couch just fine, but it's the getting up part that kills me. And getting out of my car this morning to go into work..that felt like it took 5 minutes to just get out of my car.

Thank you for asking!!

I feel fine, other than a sore butt! I do think I may have cracked something...but you can't put a butt in a cast soo, I'm holding off on visiting a doctor unless I notice anything other than the pain in my butt, lol! I can sit on soft surfaces like a couch just fine, but it's the getting up part that kills me. And getting out of my car this morning to go into work..that felt like it took 5 minutes to just get out of my car.

Thank you for asking!!

Sounds like you did crack it. Unless you need pain meds you are right, there is not much a doc can do. Invest in a doughnut cushion and take things slow. This takes a long while to get over. Hope you are feeling soon...

Thank you for asking!!

glad your better

I would go to the doc.

When I was in Helen my friend fell down the steps. A few days later she still felt sick and went to the doctor. From the fall a blot clot formed and she had to have surgery.

Better to be safe if you are still feeling sick

this was the major concern at the time of my fall. i had a huge, deep bruise. the doc gave me muscle relaxers and pain pills. i had to sit on a heating pad til the meds kicked in every evening, then masage the heck out of my butt cheek to break up the hematoma, so that i wouln't have to have it surgically removed.

Thank you for asking!!

yep sounds like you might have cracked it. The other poster is correct, invest in a cushion, that will atleast help with the pain some. Glad your not nauseated anymore. Thought about ya this morning, falls are painful and I know the next day is always the worst! Hope it gets better for ya quickly

Thanks for all the caring posts! :wub: I really appreciate it, y'all! Of course my boyfriend is making fun of me, but at the same time he's a little concerned as well. But I think I'll be alright, I just gotta be careful with what surfaces I sit on for a while, and I'll probably start using one our our little pillows we have sitting around the house. I've taken plenty of falls before, landing on my butt...but they never hurt this bad! So that's what makes me think I actually did crack something this time.