Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mjk00

Do you eat at locally owned businesses?

I just talked to some local business owners i know and it saddened me. I frequent many businesses around town and a couple i have been able to speak to the owners. I have heard all about how we are comming out of the resession but my friends in the food business haven't felt the upswing. Some i know are on the edge of having to close the doors. I don't want to call anyone out that doesn't want the world to know they are hurting because that might scare off even more business.

If you are reading this share a story about a local business non franchise that you love...Maybe you'll inspire someone to go out and give them a try....

Here Is some of my faves

Old Mill in Historic acworth - I am a big fan of their crabhouse salad...and love the crab cakes! Plus its a charming atmosphere

Old Mill

Vito's Cafe - I just tried their new Burgers...its a mix of sausage and angus beef AMAZING and I was already a regular for their Vito Pizza and Gelato Ice cream. Ask for Emmy to show you around her gift shop that features local crafters and artists.

Vito's Cafe

Rodneys - Finger lickin good BBQ and Rodney is a great guy..

Rodneys

Local places like these are what make our local community special.... PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES of the places u love in town and next time your looking for a meal eat something that tastes like home. not thawed out or opened up out of a package

We love the Imperial Palace and Mizu is also very good. I saw Jesse's mom at the Food Lion the other day and told her how much we miss Bandido's.

We like to go up to Rockmart and eat at the Frontier for a great steak.

we love patronizing mom and pop places- we try avoiding franchises - we are new to town, so any suggestions would be great! Great topic T.S.!

I had lunch at Audry's Cafe by the new courthouse the other day...YUMMO. They serve from 7a.m to 2 pm-country home cookin. I had pinto beans-fresh fried okra (not the bag frozen stuff), cornbread and boy was it good! Prices are excellent-and they even have a drive thru!

Gabe's Downtown in Villa Rica. The food quality and presentation are amazing!! The boursin stuffed filet and shrimp & grits are to die for!

Love Briar Patch & Rodneys on 92 for BBQ! And for sushi we love Fuji Sushi, & Tequila for Mexican.

Edited by MrsB

We love Paisano's Italion on Cedarcrest. Their pizza is the best in Paulding County IMO.

Vito's is really good. I love love love their Veggie Sub.

Dogwood's on 92 in Hiram is serving all you can eat crab legs on Friday and Saturday nights. They have really good home cooking.

Birdie's Wings on 278 in Hiram (the one and only original Birdie's) is a great place to eat, watch sports, kareoke, listen to live music, sit out on the patio.... and they have all you can crab lets on Tuesday and Saturday nights.

And always Rodney's BBQ. Best deal on steaks in town.

We always love to support locally owned Paulding County businesses.

It's a little of a drive from Paulding, but Romero's in Villa Rica. They have the best pizza, and it's always 2 for 1! They have an awesome eggplant pizza!

I just talked to some local business owners i know and it saddened me. I frequent many businesses around town and a couple i have been able to speak to the owners. I have heard all about how we are comming out of the resession but my friends in the food business haven't felt the upswing. Some i know are on the edge of having to close the doors. I don't want to call anyone out that doesn't want the world to know they are hurting because that might scare off even more business.

If you are reading this share a story about a local business non franchise that you love...Maybe you'll inspire someone to go out and give them a try....

Here Is some of my faves

Old Mill in Historic acworth - I am a big fan of their crabhouse salad...and love the crab cakes! Plus its a charming atmosphere

Old Mill

Vito's Cafe - I just tried their new Burgers...its a mix of sausage and angus beef AMAZING and I was already a regular for their Vito Pizza and Gelato Ice cream. Ask for Emmy to show you around her gift shop that features local crafters and artists.

Vito's Cafe

Rodneys

Local places like these are what make our local community special.... PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES of the places u love in town and next time your looking for a meal eat something that tastes like home. not thawed out or opened up out of a package

I eat at them almost exclusively.

Rodney's - the steaks are the best in town, hands down - and love their ribeye steak sandwich. And of course great cakes!!

Route 66 for hickory fries, catfish or hamburger steak.

Marc loves to go to Rodney's when they have a steak special. I usually pick something else on the menu and have always like whatever I ordered. The service is fast too.

I forgot one........Fatbacks Country Cooking.

We are headed there now and DH is gonna be so happy - they are having chicken and dressing, northern beans and potato salad. Some of his favs and dishes I do not cook. :)

Coming from a big girl who hates to cook :D .....you can't go wrong with:

Rodneys on 92 for a good, quick buscuit every morning. And a great lunch most afternoons.

Dogwoods is also great for lunch.

And I top it off with a call into Merles for dinner.

3 square meals a day. ;)

Rodneys on 92 for a good, quick buscuit every morning. And a great lunch most afternoons.

3 square meals a day. ;)

I love love Merles I never go south of 278 on 61 that I don't get one of his barbq sandwiches.

Anybody down here ... do you go to Wallace's or Fat Phil's?

I have heard great things about both, but I am almost never over that way!

Here Is some of my faves

Old Mill

Vito's Cafe

Rodneys

If you like Italian food, I highly recommend Vincent's Italian Ristorante. I eat there twice a week and the food is consistently great, prices reasonable, service is great, and there is seldom a line. Take Dallas Hwy east, to Barrett Pkwy. It is on the left after you make the turn about a quarter mile down. I'm Italian myself, and not easily impressed, but the food is worth a little drive! Enjoy!

3 square meals a day. ;)

We've been to Dogwoods a couple of times and it was very good. The service was a little slow but I think it was because they were having All-You-Can eat catfish. And I had no idea that Rodney's was open for breakfast!

Where is Merles?

I love love Merles I never go south of 278 on 61 that I don't get one of his barbq sandwiches.

I love Merles and used to eat at the one off Buchanan Hwy once a week til they moved :(

Hiram Coffee House is fabulous! Its such a quaint and relaxing place! The Chicken Salad is wonderful. Helena and her staff are great and make you feel so welcome. May I suggest the Mocha Bianca for a hot drink and a Mochachinno for a cold drink. Yes I go alot!

Hiram Coffee House is fabulous! Its such a quaint and relaxing place! The Chicken Salad is wonderful. Helena and her staff are great and make you feel so welcome. May I suggest the Mocha Bianca for a hot drink and a Mochachinno for a cold drink. Yes I go alot!

Welcome to paulding.com and thats the way to jump right in :D

I think I should have stock in ROdney's we eat there several times a week...Captain Eddies for Sunday Lunch...Briar Patch for quick drive thru....Martins use to be my Sat breakfast til I went on the crazy gluten free diet...LaConina Mexican fajitas ....

I've always wanted to go there. I love coffee shops and cafes! And of course, I love all things quaint! :)

I will eat at the Briar Patch 5 to 7 times a week. The weekly & monthly specials plus the web coupons make eating very affordable. Good food, good selection, friendly staff and saving money is a winning combination.

For breakfast I love Martin's. Again good food, good selection, friendly staff and saving money.

I expect these 2 will be here for years to come.

Anybody down here ... do you go to Wallace's or Fat Phil's?

It is spelled Phat Phil's. Actually we just ate there tonight. If you leave there hungry, there is something wrong with you! Family had prime rib, popcorn shrimp and a hamburger. Great food!!! Everything is homemade. Great service!

We've been to Dogwoods a couple of times and it was very good. The service was a little slow but I think it was because they were having All-You-Can eat catfish. And I had no idea that Rodney's was open for breakfast!

Where is Merles?

Yep, they are open for Breakfast. I go about 4 times a week unfortunatly. Gotta start my day with a biscuit and sweet tea. :D

And don't forget......they have a drive thru.

To the person who asked about Merles, they are on 61 right passed the McD's with the Chevy gas station. They ALSO have a drive thru....gotta love it. :D

It's a bit of a drive, but somebody else mentioned Acworth ---

Daddy's Country Kitchen on Main street (go through the town toward Kennesaw and it's on the right down the hill). All you can eat country cooking for $7 (including drink) except Friday when they have their seafood buffet for $12.95.

We go there at least once a week.

By the way, where is Phat Phils?? I've heard good things and I want to go. Also, I'm going to try Audrey's tomorrow!!!! FOR SURE!!!

Oh, and there's a new BBQ place in Mableton - OB's. They are in the old Hickory House location. Their first place is in McDonough and it is really good.

Wallaces - I work across the street and my guys eat over there 4 times a week. It's a great place for BBQ.

I forgot one........Fatbacks Country Cooking.

We are headed there now and DH is gonna be so happy - they are having chicken and dressing and potato salad. Some of his favs and dishes I do not cook. :)

Okay, we just got back and it was WONDERFUL!! I had a huge fried chicken breast, baked mac & cheese and fried green tomatoes. DH had the chicken & dressing, baked mac & cheese and potato salad. He said it was the best dressing he has gotten at a restaurant. And, the servings were huge!!!

We need to try Phat Phil's - I have heard so much about it but don't have any idea where it is.

The only thing we like at Merle's is their Varsity-type hotdogs.

Martins does make a great biscuit and their ribeye steak sandwich is good, too.

Georgia peach museum-SUPER YUMMY OYSTERS do not go there if you cant handle racist people.

Hudsons in Dville-Best BBQ ive ever had

Fatbacks-Yummy country cookin

Charlies Corner Cafe up there on the square in Dallas has a yummy breakfast.

Love Charlie and his food! we eat kunch up there a few days a week when we are at the office.

His prices are more than reasonable for the great lunch foods!

Where is the Ga Peach museum?

And....has anyone been to a place in Cartersville called the Fruit Jar? I have never been but hear a certain country DJ talk about it alot.

Love Rodney's steaks and everything else. Briar Patch love there new web coupons great deals. Martins, captian eddies, mexican-like them all, like Sugar Bakers too. They have good food and desserts.

Edited by luvtennis5

We go to Rodneys often for breakfast. Also, love the steaks, hamburger steak, okra. Most anything. But not crazy about their cowboy stew but apparently many other people like. it.

Love Rodney's steaks and everything else. Briar Patch love there new web coupons great deals. Martins, captian eddies, mexican-like them all, like Sugar Bakers too. They have good food and desserts.

Sugar Bakers closed. :o

And I could really use a strawberry cupcake.