Paulding.com

Local News Reporting schools will be out again.

Paulding Schools closed again tomorrow --

He said..........Douglas and Paulding County will have the day off tomorrow also.

Ugh! I wish we had of know we would of been off all week -- We could of went with my MIL to OH on vacation.

I heard the same thing too, but I have not had my coffee yet! I am also an employee and was NOT told that as of yet!

Not on the PBOE yet.

eta: With all of the damaged roads, they may be closed for at least the end of the week. Looking at some pictures it is scary.

I want them back at school ( I think my son may suffer withdrawal symptoms soon) but I want them to be able to arrive safely and not go halfway around the county to get there. I know AMS is accessible, but I am not sure about SPHS. I don't even know if they suffered water damage.

Edited by Jetasmom
What do you do there? I am in the Cafe'.

I'm a Parapro.... When we get back.. I'll come introduce myself. I have been out for a couple of weeks taking care of my husband who was injured in an accident... But I am SO READY to go back.... :p

I saw it too....watching channel 2 news (WSBTV)....they said no school tomorrow for Paulding & Douglas. I'd pretty much count on school being out for the rest of the week.

We still have no water (Union Community area of Dallas) and not sure when we'll get it back....I'm about to load the kids up and make a trip to the store.

What do you do there? I am in the Cafe'.

you have the hardest and the lowest paid job in the school, but you have the best job.. :D

Webstermom maybe you should pm a mod and get them to date your topic tittle so people will know school is closed on Thursday as well.

AMEN! I love it! I work for Cobb for 4 years before taking 4 years off to have another child. She went to PreK in Aug. so I went back to work!!!

Don't you work in the F&N Dept. too???

nope after 14 years at EPHS I retired,

I am ready to go back as well. I have sooo much that I could be doing, but it is all at school. I am also curious as to how much damage has been done to my school. I can easily see the water seeping in under the door that goes outside from my classroom.

I miss my kids and my co workers. Talking to co workers on FB is nice, but it is not the same as being there with them.

I'm a Pre-K teacher and I want to be back too!! I miss my kids terribly and the people I work with!! On the good side, so many have been sick with the flu, maybe this will get the spread of it under control. The just not knowing from day to day is driving me crazy.

I'm a Pre-K teacher and I want to be back too!! I miss my kids terribly and the people I work with!! On the good side, so many have been sick with the flu, maybe this will get the spread of it under control. The just not knowing from day to day is driving me crazy.

My son is in Pre-K @ Tallatoona and he & my daughter both are sick so I'm hoping he's over it by the time schools do reopen! He loves going to school and would hate it if he knew he couldn't due to being sick! My lil bro is sick as well and he is loving this school year and he's trying not to be absent AT ALL!

Edited by Octobers_Dream

Hoping they will take the days we've missed this week and make them up during the pointless "Winter Break" in February. Don't want to be in school half the summer.

Don't get me wrong...I think PC is making the right calls right now due to all the road/property damage and displaced families. I just hope that they will consider those days for make-ups instead of extending the school year later into the summer.

I work in Cobb and am ready to get back to my normal schedule too as soon as it is safe for everyone to do so. :)

my 2 cents........I don't see the point in a 2 day school week after the week we have had, with the road closures the water issue I just don't see it happening

THIS IS MY OPPINION

That's my opinion as well! With everything that people have had to go through this week I say they should cancel for the rest of the week.

Hoping they will take the days we've missed this week and make them up during the pointless "Winter Break" in February. Don't want to be in school half the summer.

Don't get me wrong...I think PC is making the right calls right now due to all the road/property damage and displaced families. I just hope that they will consider those days for make-ups instead of extending the school year later into the summer.

I work in Cobb and am ready to get back to my normal schedule too as soon as it is safe for everyone to do so. :)

Well put. I also wonder why there is a whole week off for Thanksgiving... I remember going to classes on that Wednesday my whole life. Seems like we could make up a day or two on that Monday or Tuesday and be back on schedule by Christmas.

JMT <------ also ready to get back to the normal schedule... when safe...

Well put. I also wonder why there is a whole week off for Thanksgiving... I remember going to classes on that Wednesday my whole life. Seems like we could make up a day or two on that Monday or Tuesday and be back on schedule by Christmas.

JMT <------ also ready to get back to the normal schedule... when safe...

I think the schools would take a big hit on attendance with using either of those as make-up days. Lots of people have already made plans and have paid for trips for their families during those scheduled times off. I do not know of many that would be willing to take a loss on money in this day. (or airlines/cruises willing to change dates without penalties)

PCBOE has absolutely made the right decisions on us being off right now. There was really no other choice with what we have been and going through.

I heard that this morning too. I bet the schools will be closed the rest of the week. They should go ahead and make a decision so people can make arrangements for their children. Maybe they will today, I am employee so when I hear I will post.

make arrangements anyway ;)

I wish they would make a decision.

I would have the chance to go on a split second vacay with my hubby! He has to go to Charlotte for a business trip.

I know the county is doing the best they can, but is there really a point in having a two day work week? Or, if no school on Thursday, a one day work week? Really?

I wish they would make a decision.

I would have the chance to go on a split second vacay with my hubby! He has to go to Charlotte for a business trip.

I know the county is doing the best they can, but is there really a point in having a two day work week? Or, if no school on Thursday, a one day work week? Really?

I would make the plans ago on the trip, school will probaly be out the rest of the week.

no way roads will be fixed before this week is over,

and the boil water issue will also stop school from starting back this week.

Just my 2 cents on the "Pointless" Winter break and having all of Thanksgiving week off. I too remember going to school up until Wednesday during Thanksgiving week when I was growing up but I also remember alot of people being gone and the teachers not scheduling anything important so it was pretty much a waste to go. As far as the "pointless" Winter Break. It's definitely needed. So many kids are getting sick that time of year I think part of the reason they do it is to keep the germs from spreading and wouldn't be surprised if attendance records back this up. Having those two weeks are part of what I love about our schedule. If we do need to travel (and my husband works our of state so we do) we avoid the crazy traffic that comes that day before Thanksgiving. It saves us money and time. Just my 2 cents.

when you call the BOE the message says local tv stations will have the updates for school closings. please refer to those local news stations..

so I guess if it was reported on the news as it being closed Thursday also, then they have just not updated their website.

I don't think it's pointless. I LOVE that break!!

when you call the BOE the message says local tv stations will have the updates for school closings. please refer to those local news stations..

so I guess if it was reported on the news as it being closed Thursday also, then they have just not updated their website.

I'm not banking on it til I get the call.

I've heard rumors of a meeting at 2pm to discuss school closures. We'll see....