Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

VIDEO OR PICTURES OF FLOODING [pic heavy!!!]

If you live over off

of 92 and sweetwater church you are contained

in this area. can't get to Cobb, Douglas,Carroll

or Hiram.

Sure are! I had a meeting with a lawyer at 2:00 today in Dallas and couldn't get there. 92, washed out right before Williams Lake. Austin Bridge, flooded, Baker's bridge, flooded. Brownsville around Tidwell, flooded. Tried going down Stout.. flooded.

8833_1206508636282_1035640442_631566_5823078_n.jpg

Austin Bridge Rd.

8833_1206592558380_1035640442_631870_5453985_n.jpg

Brown Rd.

8833_1206595798461_1035640442_631876_4767568_n.jpg

House on Brown Rd.

Click on Picture to get full detail. All this flooding is SO creepy! These pictures were taken at approximately 5:30ish this evening. The water has went WAY down before these pictures were taken.

Please everyone be safe!!

A Neighbors back yard FLOODED completely! (The swamp on Honeysuckle Lane "right off HWY101" flows behind their house)

post-23977-1253571685_thumb.jpg

The Swamp on Honeysuckle Lane (Right off HWY101)

post-23977-1253571829_thumb.jpg

Road flooded, right below neighbors back yard, pictured above.

post-23977-1253572389_thumb.jpg

Another picture of the swamp on Honeysuckle Lane

post-23977-1253572496_thumb.jpg

Mud Creek, On Mud Green Road Draketown area(Right off Buchanan HWY120)

post-23977-1253572589_thumb.jpg

Another Picture of Mud Creek, On Mud Green road. In Draketown area.

post-23977-1253573268_thumb.jpg

Ya'll be safe now ya hear!!!! (*(*HUGS*)*)

Edited by peach34

Due West intersects Dallas Acworth Highway just North of the Publix

They need to move the "Road Closed" sign up. So many people are doing u-turns at the entrance to our subdivision.

Those pictures really tell a story!! To see some more, go to the WSB website and take a peek at slide show #1 and #2. They are amazing!!

That dock belongs to my sister. My nephew saw it floating down the road around 5 this morning. He said at first he thought he was having a dream. They are lucky that the water only got part of their basement. Let's hope that it does not get any worse.

Someone's boat dock on the road

Carrington Subdivision off Bakers Bridge Rd -----

This is the road behind me , I was gonna go this way for work this morning and quickly changed my mind, it is Bennet rd off Cleburne

and the one on the right is brownsville rd

Edited by powder363

Here are a few pics from our area in West Cobb on Casteel Road near my kids school. Around 1pm today when they decided to let school out early because of the weather.

Edited by princess7

I would also like to say thanks to those who have also posted pictures for us to see. It really makes one think & appreciate life and all that we are blessed to have!

Prayers go out to everyone!

Make it a daily "habit" to let the ones you love KNOW IT! (*(*HUGS*)*)

railroad tracks near villa rica

Myrlin, everyone wants to know where this is. Do you know?

Thanks....referring to the railroad track washout picture near Villa Rica.

another washed away railroad pic...see the track above the tractor

Ok, this one too, please... :(

My mom teaches dance in several areas in Villa Rica and has lots of friends out that way.

Thanks!

Brown Rd (Powder Springs / Cobb County) around 8:00 AM Tuesday morning, 9/22/2009

gallery_7230_122_253353.jpg

Humphries Hill Rd at Hiram-Lithia Springs Rd (I think Austell / Cobb County) around 8:30 AM Tuesday morning, 9/22/2009

gallery_7230_122_73449.jpg

Humphries Hill Rd near Hiram-Lithia Springs Rd (I think Austell / Cobb County) around 8:30 AM Tuesday morning, 9/22/2009

I was amused that the street name going into the subdivision is "Water Oaks Dr", and that the neighborhood name "Deerfield Creek" on the brick entrance sign is almost legible mirrored by the water, and that the brick entrance sign has a "no trespassing" sign on it.

gallery_7230_122_170894.jpg

Myrlin, everyone wants to know where this is. Do you know?

Thanks....referring to the railroad track washout picture near Villa Rica.

Ok, this one too, please... :(

My mom teaches dance in several areas in Villa Rica and has lots of friends out that way.

Thanks!

not sure, BIL took the 1st pic then the 2nd pic is BIL working. They have been working since about 3ish Mon morning and are just getting home :(

from what I understand there are places like this all the way from VR to D'ville

not sure, BIL took the 1st pic then the 2nd pic is BIL working. They have been working since about 3ish Mon morning and are just getting home :(

from what I understand there are places like this all the way from VR to D'ville

Wow! Bless their hearts.

Does anyone have a photo of the road colapse on Due West near Dallas/Acworth?

I have not left our home since church last Sunday. Phillip has been out and gone to work each day but advised me to stay home.

Phillip told me a little while ago that there are four trucks at the area working now. We have been without water since Monday. Maybe the work means that we will have running water soon. Gotta have my tea so we have plenty to drink that came from Wal-Mart.

Phillip's sister has lost her home. The water reached almost to the top of her garage doors. We have not been able to get into the subdivision to take pictures. Her home is in a subdivision in Austell by Sweetwater Creek. I have a feeling that the horse farm on the other side of the creek is still a lake also.

Hopefully the water will go down enough tonight so that we can get in tomorrow to start cleanup.

Wow!! Thank you so much. Although it had been described to me, there is nothing like a photo.