Paulding.com

Michelle Dawn Hyden Smith, age 28, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Tuesday, August 25, 2009. The daughter of John F. & Mona Knight Hyden, she was born in Greenville, SC, on July 7, 1981. Mrs. Smith was the owner of a housekeeping business. She was part of the Campus Support Department of West Ridge Church, where she was also a member.

Survivors include her husband, Joshua Adam Smith of Dallas; son, Jacob Alexander Smith of Dallas; parents, John F. & Mona Hyden of Dallas; brothers, John Hyden, Jr. of Dallas, and Michael Hyden of Douglasville; grandparents, Sam & Shirley Knight of Greenville, SC.

Funeral services will be Saturday, August 29, 2009, at 11:00 AM, from West Ridge Church, with Reverend Brian Bloye and Reverend David Cole officiating. Interment will follow in Melrose Hills Memorial Park, with Tony Jones, Shawn Smith, Justin Lafkoff, Tony Holcombe, Tom Veale, Doug Selfe, Jeff Bell and Mike Ramsey serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday, August 28, 2009, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Jacob Alexander Smith College Fund, First Choice Community Bank, 68 First National Drive (P. O. Box 1670), Dallas, GA 30132, ATTN: Danielle Childers, 678-486-4989 or 770-505-5100. Please make checks payable to Jacob Alexander Smith College Fund.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

She was/is my best friend......I will miss her so so so so much!!! :( She was always there for me and for others, never did she have a selfish bone in her. She always thought about others before her self, even went out of her way to help others. I will miss you Michelle. Please everyone, keep praying for her family, and her son!!!

Michelle Dawn Hyden Smith, age 28, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Tuesday, August 25, 2009. The daughter of John F. & Mona Knight Hyden, she was born in Greenville, SC, on July 7, 1981. Mrs. Smith was the owner of a housekeeping business. She was part of the Campus Support Department of West Ridge Church, where she was also a member.

Survivors include her husband, Joshua Adam Smith of Dallas; son, Jacob Alexander Smith of Dallas; parents, John F. & Mona Hyden of Dallas; brothers, John Hyden, Jr. of Dallas, and Michael Hyden of Douglasville; grandparents, Sam & Shirley Knight of Greenville, SC.

Funeral services will be Saturday, August 29, 2009, at 11:00 AM, from West Ridge Church, with Reverend Brian Bloye and Reverend David Cole officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday, August 28, 2009, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

We went to school together. Could someone please pm me how she passed away? And I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

I can't believe she's gone! I worked with Michelle at West Ridge to help get set up for Dinner in December last year. She told me her testimony and I was very moved. She was a terrific young lady! My thoughts and prayers are with her family! I'm sure Gates was there with open arms to welcome her into God's Kingdom!!

My son is friends with Michelle's son, Jacob. We have known Michelle and Jacob for a while now, and she will be missed!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jacob and the rest of the family. May God give Jacob strength and understanding during this time of loss and grief!

We Love You, Jacob!

Gina and Kevin

Edited by JustPeachie25
I looked through my son's 2000 EPHS yearbook and she is not in it. Are you sure she graduated in 2000?

She didnt.....in 2003 I got her and her husband to get their GED, and they did!! We were so proud of her getting it!!!

I had Drama class with Michelle, as well. It has been a few years since I had the pleasure of running into her, but she was a beautiful girl, so happy and I was so proud for her. I want to add my prayers for her family and friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

I pray God will bless each one who has called, texted, emailed, come by, sent word and prayed for us during this time of terrible confusion and loss. Your care for us in our time of loss will be remembered for generations to come.

Lives were changed when people had the opportunity to meet Michelle, Michelle loved people, Michelle would walk into a room of a thousand people and brighten each ones day. Her son Jacob has all of her attributes, talents and spirit. Join us as we pray that this talented, bright, sweet, loving, caring 9 year old child will grow to be a man who chases after God.

John & Mona Hyden

mojo413

I pray God will bless each one who has called, texted, emailed, come by, sent word and prayed for us during this time of terrible confusion and loss. Your care for us in our time of loss will be remembered for generations to come.

Lives were changed when people had the opportunity to meet Michelle, Michelle loved people, Michelle would walk into a room of a thousand people and brighten each ones day. Her son Jacob has all of her attributes, talents and spirit. Join us as we pray that this talented, bright, sweet, loving, caring 9 year old child will grow to be a man who chases after God.

John & Mona Hyden

mojo413

To the family of Michelle, I have never met your daughter but from the words that have been posted on here it seems like she was an Angel here on earth and now she has earned her heavenly wings, I pray for your strength during this difficult time and I know that God will see you through it all. I pray for peace and love to her precious son. May God bless you all and I will continue to pray for your strength. Know that God will wipe all your tears away, he will never leave you, he will never forsake you.

John & Mona Hyden

mojo413

Your family has been in our prayers.

John & Mona Hyden

mojo413

She was/is a special person......we will miss her so much, but she will live on through Jacob!!

Love yall always,

Stacey and Lance

John & Mona Hyden

mojo413

John,

We did not have the pleasure of meeting your daughter but if she was anything thing like you, she must have been a very special person and we will keep all of you in our prayers.

Vinny & Frann Marotti

Michelle was a very beautiful and sweet girl. I've known her since her son was four years old. Jacob and my son went to Pre-K together. She was always so vibrant. She will be terribly missed. My prayers are with her entire family.

Shelley, Steve, & Christian Stewart

To the family of Michelle, I have never met your daughter but from the words that have been posted on here it seems like she was an Angel here on earth and now she has earned her heavenly wings, I pray for your strength during this difficult time and I know that God will see you through it all. I pray for peace and love to her precious son. May God bless you all and I will continue to pray for your strength. Know that God will wipe all your tears away, he will never leave you, he will never forsake you.

I could not have said it better so I will just repeat the above statement. May God give you peace and comfort during this time. God will hold Michelle in His loving arms.

Michelle, from the first time we met my heart lay helpless in your hands.

Your eyes were like gems and skin of ivory.

Your long flowing hair shined in the sun like bronze gilded with gold and your smile was that of a hundred.

You were an angel. The first time we kissed my heart fluttered and the feeling of love had taken me.

I from that moment felt that you would always be mine. It wasn't long after that we were taken and our love forbidden. But no chains could hold the love we had and we broke free.

We went out on our own and found that life was hard, but we made it work.

We had become one. You told me that you wanted a child and after a short time we conceived. Our life had been lifted up and your beauty never tarnished.

Seeing you birth our child was the most precious moment in my life.

He had eyes of gems and skin of ivory.

His short thin hair was like gold and his smile was like yours.

He was an angel. The first time I touched him my heart fluttered. The feeling of love had taken me. We named him Jacob and we had become a family, but our lives were still not complete.

We had not consummated our love through God. It had been almost seven years since the first day we met, and on October 20th, 2001 we had finally wed. You were the most beautiful bride in the world and our lives from that day were complete.

We had achieved most of our goals.

There were a lot of good times and a lot of hard times in the road of our lives. We had spent fifteen years together before God had set you free, free to be at peace with him and all your loved ones before you.

I will always have you in my heart and always see you in our son.

I will never forget the vows we made. I will always love and cherish you and look forward to the day that I will join you in peace.

Your long flowing hair shined in the sun like bronze gilded with gold and your smile was that of a hundred.

You were an angel. The first time we kissed my heart fluttered and the feeling of love had taken me.

I from that moment felt that you would always be mine. It wasn't long after that we were taken and our love forbidden. But no chains could hold the love we had and we broke free.

We had become one. You told me that you wanted a child and after a short time we conceived. Our life had been lifted up and your beauty never tarnished.

He was an angel. The first time I touched him my heart fluttered. The feeling of love had taken me. We named him Jacob and we had become a family, but our lives were still not complete.

We had not consummated our love through God. It had been almost seven years since the first day we met, and on October 20th, 2001 we had finally wed. You were the most beautiful bride in the world and our lives from that day were complete.

There were a lot of good times and a lot of hard times in the road of our lives. We had spent fifteen years together before God had set you free, free to be at peace with him and all your loved ones before you.

I will never forget the vows we made. I will always love and cherish you and look forward to the day that I will join you in peace.

:::sniffle::: :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Michelle as well. I dated John her brother for a short time but I knew her before that. She was an extremely lovable person. I remember when Jacob was born. Michelle and Josh were so happy. I found out about Michelle after reading it in the paper. I havent seen her in about a year when I ran into her at Kroger or Walmart one. If im not mistaken she gave me a business card. Michelle will be missed. Ive known her and her family for about 12 years but sparse contact through the years. I also worked with Mike at Briar patch about 11 years ago. I will always keep the family in my prayers. Please email me if you need anything. I will do whatever I can to help. Love you all and God Bless you all-John and Mona, Josh and Jacob, John and Mike.

Take Care Angela Harp

angela.harp@att.net

Edited by angela09
  • 11 months later...

At 11:17pm tonight it will have been a year now that I got the call Michelle was gone. Some days are good, some are bad. Some days better, some days worst. But still a day never passes that I do not miss Michelle. Today has been bitter sweet. Some moments sad with the memory of the loss. Some moments happy with good memories. Hold your children close. Love you children. Never end a call or conversation without telling them you love them. The last time I talked to Michelle was at 11:15am August 25, 2009. I am so glad we ended that call with how much we loved each other.

At 11:17pm tonight it will have been a year now that I got the call Michelle was gone. Some days are good, some are bad. Some days better, some days worst. But still a day never passes that I do not miss Michelle. Today has been bitter sweet. Some moments sad with the memory of the loss. Some moments happy with good memories. Hold your children close. Love you children. Never end a call or conversation without telling them you love them. The last time I talked to Michelle was at 11:15am August 25, 2009. I am so glad we ended that call with how much we loved each other.

Mona we knew each other about 15 years ago.

I am not sure if you remember me, we had children about the same age.

I saw you recently and had a hard time putting the face with a name.

My heart goes out to you, I can not imagine what it has been like for you to lose your precious baby.

God Bless and comfort you.