Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
larry t

Wreck on 61?

Just caught the tail in of new break on channel 2 , 61 shut down

Any body else heard anything ???

Edited by ValentineBaby

There was a thread but it went POOF! .... heard helicopter incoming about 5+ min ago, wsbtv reporting 10-12 yo hit on 61S. No more information.

Just cought the tail in of new break on channel 2 , 61 shut down

Any body else heard anything ???

does anyone know where at on 61. Is it south or north??

I just heard two kids have been hit. Not sure of the details yet.

It was two kids. I had just past them all out there playing on bikes and running around near the road. I was pumping gas when I heard the impact. The kids I saw were kids in my classes. If anyone knows the names will you pm me and let me know who they were? Thanks.

Traffic Message has been issued by the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Thursday August 20, 2009 17:11 PM EDT

AVOID Hwy. 61 at Paul Aiken Rd for the next 2 hrs due to traffic incident. Hwy. 61 is closed.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office advises you to AVOID Villa Rica Hwy (Hwy 61) at Paul Aiken Rd due to a current traffic issue.

A vehicle crash involving 2 pedestrians at Paul Aiken Rd has closed Villa Rica Hwy (Hwy 61)and will require a detour of traffic for the next couple of hours.

Consider using Scoggins Rd, Nebo Rd, and/or Dallas Nebo Rd to avoid the crash site.

It was two kids. I had just past them all out there playing on bikes and running around near the road. I was pumping gas when I heard the impact. The kids I saw were kids in my classes. If anyone knows the names will you pm me and let me know who they were? Thanks.

Must be near the trailer park.

wow... I had just gotten home from mama's when all of this happened,,

my prayers are for the kids..

there were 2 accidents on 61 when I came thru at about 515 on at new georgia headed north befor the 4 way blue car and white car

Yes, I passed this one too --- somewhat minor fender bender it appeared --- everyone was out of their vehicles and talking on their cell phones.

Has anyone seen Lowrider one here this evening?

she lives close to that area..

my husband just came past the trailer park and he said fox 5 has a satelite truck and 2 other vehicles there now...they were filming when he came through

if anyone knows the names please pm me.....I taught one of the boys that lives there and he is always out on a bicycle and the age bracket would be about right

Prayers for all involved. Missed the news so will watch at 10:00 to see if there is any updates. I know in the other post they said no fatalities. I hope this is still the answer. If I am not mistaken they have had this happen before with a child being killed. There are always kids out there playing to close to those roads.

I posted the update in the other thread

Two boys hit by car on Hwy. 61 in Paulding

By MASHAUN D. SIMON

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

7:43 p.m. Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two young boys were reportedly “banged up a bit” after being struck by a car in Paulding County.

The boys, both 9, ran across Ga. Hwy 61 when a woman in a Chevy Cavalier, traveling north, struck them, said Lt. Paul Cosper, Georgia State Patrol spokesman.

No charges have been filed.

“The woman did nothing wrong,” said Cosper.

One of the boys was transported to Egleston Children’s Hospital. The other was taken to Scottish Rite Hospital. The boys appeared to be fine on the scene, said Cosper.

Their current medical condition is unknown.

Find this article at:

http://www.ajc.com/news/two-120474.html

It was two younger kids running around and ran across the raod without looking. It was a hard inpact one went into the windshield and over the car. The driver was at no fault the kids was just not paying any attention. Kids are always running out in front of car the [arents need to watch their kids. M prayers go out to these kids and the driver of the car.

I live off Lyndsey lake road, and this breaks my heart. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost drove off the road to avoid young children in this area unsupervised. One of my friends from high school had a accident in this same area involving a young child. I am unaware of this situation and I wont say that these kids were unsupervised, because my kids too get away, however, "most" kids in the area run around without adult supervision, in and out of the road.

on the news now...they were 9 YO. Both expected to be OK ~ One hit head on, one side swiped...driver will not be charged. This is the same place that child was killed!

I just saw it on WSB.

I was at work today, so not on here to see this.

And yeah, I live off Paul Aiken, and I pass those trailers everyday.

They are right on the road and bunches of kids out there playing and everytime I think it wouldn't take but just a mis-step and one of those kids would be in the road and run over.

I'm glad the little boy is okay and at the hospital.

Really sad.

Prayers for the family.

There is a link in the "other" thread. They only released the name of 1 child, that I know of, anyway.

Welcome, you will find the info there.

There is a link in the "other" thread. They only released the name of 1 child, that I know of, anyway.

I heard a lot of the kids that live in the trailer park go to Nebo and my little brother is scared one of them was his friend. i live in the sub division right behind the trailer park. i sure hope those kids will be OK!!

Does anyone know the names of the two boys who were hit at the trailer park on Hwy 61?

Channel 2 just said the boy that will have surgery today on a broken leg is Zack Nance. They didn't name the other child but said they expect him to recover.

I didn't catch all of it, but Fox 5 was reporting that a couple of children was hit by a vehicle yesterday afternoon. Has anyone heard anything about it and where it happened at?

I didn't catch all of it, but Fox 5 was reporting that a couple of children was hit by a vehicle yesterday afternoon. Has anyone heard anything about it and where it happened at?

According to the news, 2 kids were crossing Hwy 61 at Paul Aiken Road (S.Paulding amd was struck by a vehicle, the woman was not being charge for it because the children darted out in front of her, the kids are at Scottish Rite.