Paulding.com

we have bats!

we have bats that are hanging out on the outside of our attic screan. We had someone come out and give us an estimate to remove them and fix so they will not come back. I didn't know if someone may know some one who does this kind of work. Please let me know.

Thanks

we have bats that are hanging out on the outside of our attic screan. We had someone come out and give us an estimate to remove them and fix so they will not come back. I didn't know if someone may know some one who does this kind of work. Please let me know.

Thanks

Adcock's Rid-A-Critter -(PM for phone number). They've done work for us before.

Edited by Deputy Gomer Pyle

I gotta tell this....

3 preachers were talking about bat problems that each of them experienced in their home attics.

First preacher said he got so frustrated that he got his shotgun and blew holes in the ceiling. The bats flew away, but returned in a couple of days.

Second preacher said he put batbait in the attic. It helped kill a few, but they soon became immune and eat the bait like candy.

Third preacher said he discovered the solution a year ago. He explained that he went into the attic and preached to the bats. After they all got saved and baptized, they left and he never saw them again. :D

My nephew got rid of bats and mice by using one of those plug-in sonic things that repels all kind of small rodents and even insects, but doesn't harm your pets (unless they're rodents too!) Safe, harmless and effective, it emits a sound that makes them uncomfortable, so they leave.

hey! i want some!!!!

mind if i come scoop up a few? we've had none this year, even though we put up a house for them.

sure come on the people said there were about 30 of them and they have been there for about 1 season. make sure you briong a ladder though...lol

Sure you want them gone ? As long as they are not IN the attic pooping, they are nice critters to have around. Their primary food source is flying insects like mosquitos.

It doesn't bother me to have them. BUT they are hanging on the side of the attick and the bat poop keeps piling up on my driveway were our water hose is. It is really nasty and they said that it is harmful. see below.

Bat droppings ("guano") may contain pathogens and serve as a breeding medium for insects and fungi, some of which can cause disease.

Bats carry parasites like fleas and ticks, many of which are disease vectors.

Bats have a fairly high incidence of rabies.

if they would just move some were off my house I wouldn't mind them.

It doesn't bother me to have them. BUT they are hanging on the side of the attick and the bat poop keeps piling up on my driveway were our water hose is. It is really nasty and they said that it is harmful. see below.

Bat droppings ("guano") may contain pathogens and serve as a breeding medium for insects and fungi, some of which can cause disease.

Bats carry parasites like fleas and ticks, many of which are disease vectors.

Bats have a fairly high incidence of rabies.

if they would just move some were off my house I wouldn't mind them.

ok. seriously. my brother and i were once paid 350 to remove bats from some lady's attic. it still cracks me up.

wait til after dark. they fly out at night to go feed. should be all gone by 1-1:30 am. nail a tightly louvered panel over the screen. now they can't access it to hang on to and will go live elsewhere.

ok. seriously. my brother and i were once paid 350 to remove bats from some lady's attic. it still cracks me up.

wait til after dark. they fly out at night to go feed. should be all gone by 1-1:30 am. nail a tightly louvered panel over the screen. now they can't access it to hang on to and will go live elsewhere.

Now all I have to do is talk my husband into getting a ladder and going up there at 1:30 in the morning on the 4th story...that should be fun....LOL but LOTS cheaper than the est. we got today!!

Yes the bat poop at her house is rather nasty, it is the first thing you see when you pull into the driveway! I would agree that they are great to have as far as removal of insects but would you really like to see bat droppings all over the side of your house? I think the bat house is a great idea!! You should look into that, you've got plenty of woods far enough from the house that they wouldn't be a bother any more and you would still reap the benifits of them. :)

Guest Heigh ho Silver

Bats are easy. They hunt at night. After sunset cover the entry point, like a piece of plywood over a chimney and after a few days they won't come back.

I love bat houses. If it is under a tree canopy it is more difficult for them to find. They are a great, natural mosquito repellent.

Bats are easy. They hunt at night. After sunset cover the entry point, like a piece of plywood over a chimney and after a few days they won't come back.

I love bat houses. If it is under a tree canopy it is more difficult for them to find. They are a great, natural mosquito repellent.

We had the same kind of bat problem you have and this is sort of what we did. When it started getting dark and they were out we used a ladder and stapled plastic over the attic vent opening so they couldn't get back in . (Use a broom handle a poke around a little to make sure they all fly out and you don't trap any.) They were not in our attic either because behind the louvers is a screen but they were roosting or nesting or whatever bats do in the louvers. Bat poop was everywhere and it was disgusting. They stayed for a season and then came back the next year and multiplied so do it soon!!! It worked and now they are gone. Didn't cost a thing.