Paulding.com

You be the judge

Shank  

94 members have voted

1. 1. To Shank

• To stab somebody
    • To pull their pants down while they are not looking and then laugh really hard

I don't know if a new meaning has been attached to it these days, but it still means to stab.

Now, it ALSO could mean to express gratitude. I've heard Barney Frank use it often when he is thanking someone for something. He says, "Shanks"! and adds a little spit with it for good measure. :o

:D

I don't know if a new meaning has been attached to it these days, but it still means to stab.

Now, it ALSO could mean to express gratitude. I've heard Barney Frank use it often when he is thanking someone for something. He says, "Shanks"! and adds a little spit with it for good measure. :o

Well it was a word that I really do not use now. But in middle school we did it all the time. So that was around 12ish years ago. I tend to still use random words that were once cool- like Not - Sike- Shank lol

It was funny bc I told my brother this in my office and he said what he said. So I asked a co-worker who is 25 and I said what does Shank mean. And she said to pull someones pants down. :)

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

lol.. you aint rite, but your right!

Guest Heigh ho Silver

For Barney Frank it has a different meaning

I told my brother to leave me alone or I was going to shank him. He replied with "What are we in prison" He says it means to stab someone and I said it was to pull their pants down. Then we both laughed really hard :p

yep.

our girls, (who went to your school and graduated in '98, 2000, and '03) all think it means the same thing that you do. :wacko:

You are funny and I wish I would have said that :good:

I know I'll probably regret asking this, but here goes anyway....what is "SHART?"

If you pass gas the far* word :) and accidently

doo doo but the shi* word

Cleanest way I could put it. lol

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

Barney Frank spits? :rolleyes:

I have never heard of shank used as to pull down someones pants. (I need a shoulder shrugging smiley!)

Shank.. a shiv...a sharp pointed object, like a knife or knife itself. Shanked.. to stab

If I heard a student tell another they were going to "shank them" they would definitely be in the office.