Paulding.com

Russell Scott Jones, age 50, of Dallas, passed away Tuesday, July 28, 2009. He was born December 29, 1958, in Marietta, and was preceded in death by his parents, Charles Burr Jones & Martha Bradberry Jones and brother, Todd Jones. Mr. Jones was a sheet metal contractor for 30 years and he was a member of West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his wife of almost 29 years, Yvonne Evett Jones;

son & daughter-in-law, Corey & Alicia Jones of Dallas; daughter & son-in-law, Brittany & Justin Griffith of Hiram; sister & brother-in-law, Vicki & Ricky Nicholson of Henry County; and grandchildren, Hayden Jones of Dallas and Karson Griffith of Hiram.

A memorial service will be held Friday, July 31, 2009, at 11:00 AM, from West Ridge Church, with Dr. Quinn Evans and Reverend Brian Bloye officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Thursday from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, donations made be made to West Ridge Church

Benevolence Fund, 3522 Hiram Acworth Highway, Dallas, GA 30157.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

It still doesn't seem real. He was an AMAZING MAN and just like the previous person said. He would of done ANYTHING for ANYONE!! I still cant believe it. He is now in a better place. Please everyone pray for the family.

Is this the Russell Jones that attended Paulding Baptist Church? If so, we attended at the same time. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. Could someone PM me with what happened? We had lost touch after leaving PBC.

Edited by msflyfisher

Prayers for the family! Such a sweet man~

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's a secret or something that the family would be upset about anyone knowing what happened....I mean, most of those who knew him knows what happened. Correct?

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's a secret or something that the family would be upset about anyone knowing what happened....I mean, most of those who knew him knows what happened. Correct?

What on Earth happened to him?

What did happen. I just assumed it was a heart attack. I knew that he had a heart attack a couple of years ago.