Paulding.com

Toddler Left In Hot Car; Mom Arrested

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20128573/detail....212009&ts=H

CUMMING, Ga. -- Authorities say a Cumming woman has been arrested after leaving her 22-month-old baby boy in her SUV when she took a sick pet into a veterinarian's office.

Authorities said 38-year-old Dawn Myers, who was arrested on a charge of cruelty to children, took two other children into the vet's office.

:wacko: :wacko:

I wonder why she brought the two other children in, but not the one...

These stories never cease to amaze me - but this one DOES!!!

She was concerned enough for her animal to take it to the vet and took the other two children in with her but left this baby in a car sauna????????????????

GOOD GRIEF!?!?!?!?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20128573/detail....212009&ts=H

CUMMING, Ga. -- Authorities say a Cumming woman has been arrested after leaving her 22-month-old baby boy in her SUV when she took a sick pet into a veterinarian's office.

Authorities said 38-year-old Dawn Myers, who was arrested on a charge of cruelty to children, took two other children into the vet's office.

:wacko: :wacko:

I wonder why she brought the two other children in, but not the one...

Probably lazy and did not want to be inconvenienced taking the toddler out of the car seat. Some folks don't have a bit of sense...

The idea that people are always thinking rationally is a fallacy.

She didn't think. She made a mistake. She should not have left the baby in the car.

I do think that it was a mistake based on the practical impossibility of her being able to handle the dog and the baby and the two other children at the same time. She got the dog into the vet's office and was probably 'engaged' by the receptionist who told her to sit down and keep her dog and the vet will be with her in a minute.

In her circumstance, she would have had to bring the dog into the vet, TELL the receptionist to keep an eye on the two young kids and dog and immediately go get the baby.... and of course if she had been so 'assertive' she might have run into an equally assertive 'receptionist' who could have slapped her down and told her to sit with her dog and shut up.

I really think in a lot of cases folks need a little help but society discourages it and unless the good Samaritan is there to lend a hand, mistakes of this kind are made. I do think that a kinder and gentler society that encourages more cooperation and less stoic independence would probably eliminate many of these kinds of 'lapses.'

pubby

She didn't think. She made a mistake. She should not have left the baby in the car.

I do think that it was a mistake based on the practical impossibility of her being able to handle the dog and the baby and the two other children at the same time. She got the dog into the vet's office and was probably 'engaged' by the receptionist who told her to sit down and keep her dog and the vet will be with her in a minute.

In her circumstance, she would have had to bring the dog into the vet, TELL the receptionist to keep an eye on the two young kids and dog and immediately go get the baby.... and of course if she had been so 'assertive' she might have run into an equally assertive 'receptionist' who could have slapped her down and told her to sit with her dog and shut up.

I really think in a lot of cases folks need a little help but society discourages it and unless the good Samaritan is there to lend a hand, mistakes of this kind are made. I do think that a kinder and gentler society that encourages more cooperation and less stoic independence would probably eliminate many of these kinds of 'lapses.'

pubby

At 22 months a child can walk. This is where she should've gotten the oldest 2 out. Grabbed the baby, made them all 3 hold hands on the curb as she's getting the dog. Put doggie on a leash and let it walk. That leaves one hand free for her to hold the baby's hand. It's not easy, but when a woman chooses to have more children than she's got hands, she also chooses the responsibility of getting creative when handling them. This "mistake" could've KILLED her child.

At 22 months a child can walk. This is where she should've gotten the oldest 2 out. Grabbed the baby, made them all 3 hold hands on the curb as she's getting the dog. Put doggie on a leash and let it walk. That leaves one hand free for her to hold the baby's hand. It's not easy, but when a woman chooses to have more children than she's got hands, she also chooses the responsibility of getting creative when handling them. This "mistake" could've KILLED her child.

Absolutely the mistake could have killed her child and she would no doubt have been devastated if it had.

But there is a big, humongous, enormously significant difference between this act of stupidity brought about by desperation and the conscious act of trying to cook her child in a car.

I just don't personally think that the failure to be 'creative' is a big, humongous, enormously significant CRIME.

pubby

pubby

I understand what you are trying to say. But me i would have took the kids in and ask them can you keep an eye on my babies so i can go get the dog out of the car. There is NO reason to leave your child in a car.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Another problem is this person is using this same stupid brain to determine who to vote for.

I think when you get convicted for doing something stupid you should also lose your right to vote, just like a felon.

Even though the article doesn't say the child was unattended.

Even though the article doesn't say that the windows on the car were rolled up.

Even though the article doesn't say that the car was parked out in the sun.

And even though we're experiencing near record low high temperatures, she's a piece of sh*t and should be burned at the stake. I'll get the torches. :rolleyes:

P.S.

The next time I see someone with a baby in a stroller in 90-degree heat, I'm goan cawl thu law own 'er azz.

And even though we're experiencing near record low high temperatures, she's a piece of sh*t and should be burned at the stake. I'll get the torches. :rolleyes:

P.S.

The next time I see someone with a baby in a stroller in 90-degree heat, I'm goan cawl thu law own 'er azz.

Wow...are you a parent? just wow. <_<

I understand what you are trying to say. But me i would have took the kids in and ask them can you keep an eye on my babies so i can go get the dog out of the car. There is NO reason to leave your child in a car.

I have to agree.

Wow...are you a parent? just wow. <_<

<out of breath from fetching torches>

Wow!

Yes!

I am!

Burn 'at bich! :rolleyes:

I have to agree...

...because my emotions just kicked the crap out of my desire to reason. B)

P. S.

Hey PUBBY!

P.S.S.

Burn 'at bich!

:unsure: Word everbody go? :unsure:

Yaw muss be gitt'n' sum far-wood. Hurry up caws eez torches izz gitt'n'' hot!

We've got to burn 'er ass before the trial; we don't wont tuh let the criminal justice system mess idd up 'n' le' t'at rott'n bich awf!

P.S.

Hello Anonymous Users! :drinks:

pubby

Making excuses for stupidity - real nice. Mistakes are something done unintentionally. This was not a mistake, she made a conscience decision to leave the kid in the car. They should lock her in a hot car and televise it.

And even though we're experiencing near record low high temperatures, she's a piece of sh*t and should be burned at the stake. I'll get the torches.

According to the story in the link, it was last week when it was in the 90's.

Making excuses for stupidity - real nice. Mistakes are something done unintentionally. This was not a mistake, she made a conscience decision to leave the kid in the car. They should lock her in a hot car and televise it.

snip...

The evidence before the court is

Incontrivertable, there's no need for

The jury to retire.

In all my years of judging

I have never heard before

Of someone more deserving

Of the full penaltie of law.

The way you made them suffer,

Your exquisite wife and mother,

Fills me with the urge to defecate!

...snip...

Pink Floyd - The Judge Lyrics.

According to the story in the link, it was last week when it was in the 90's.

Full content posted for academic usage:

Forsyth County Sheriff's Department spokesman Capt. Frank Huggins said the incident happened last Thursday. He said the child was in the car for 30-40 minutes and the temperature in the car was around 90 degrees. The baby was treated and released from a Cumming hospital.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Did I miss part of the article? Where does it mention this happened last week? Are you making such a wild extrapolation from what's highlighted?

Pubby, I love that you try to see the "best" in this situation and I'm sure it wasn't intentional - however... there is NO excuse to leave a child in the car. There are many solutions which would not have involved leaving a 22 mo old unattended in a hot car. A 22 mo old can walk, but they can also ride in a stroller. A person who can't handle their kids should NOT have them. There are too many people in this world who would love to have a child to love and care for but can't and then there are others who reproduce like rabbits or re-produce at all when they shouldn't. A child is a gift from God. While leaving the baby in the car was a mistake, many people are killed or caused grave harm every day from accidents and mistakes.

Full content posted for academic usage:

Forsyth County Sheriff's Department spokesman Capt. Frank Huggins said the incident happened last Thursday. He said the child was in the car for 30-40 minutes and the temperature in the car was around 90 degrees. The baby was treated and released from a Cumming hospital.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Did I miss part of the article? Where does it mention this happened last week? Are you making such a wild extrapolation from what's highlighted?

LAST THURSDAY. Also, 30-40 minutes...rain, sleet, snow, cold, warm hot...IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO LEAVE A CHILD IN A VEHICLE UNACCOMPANIED FOR THAT LENGTH OF TIME. period.

Last month I had a lady said she was just about to call the cops on me, I left my dog in the truck while I went into subway. I have a remote start on my truck, so the keys can be in my pocket and the trucks still running. I ask her why would she do that? She said because its hot in ther, I opened the door and the AC was blowing on Max. How she didnt hear my truck was running is, well,, dumb. She just looked crazy and walked away...

Back to the OP: 30-40mins!!!!! stooopid Bish. I feel bad fer the kids.

P.S.

I hope you're either trying to get a rise out of everyone or your don't have kids.

It doesn't matter matter if the windows were up or down. It doesn't matter what the temps were outside. Point is...IT"S WRONG. Someone could have taken the baby from her car just as easily as he/she could have sufficated in the car.....believe it or not, it happens. a baby in a stroller in 90 degree weather is no comparison.

LAST THURSDAY. Also, 30-40 minutes...rain, sleet, snow, cold, warm hot...IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO LEAVE A CHILD IN A VEHICLE UNACCOMPANIED FOR THAT LENGTH OF TIME. period.

I'll be damned: Your're right! (I hate it whan that happens!) I'd still like to hear all the circumstances before having her burned at the stake.

Nah!

Hell, let's go ahead and burn her ass!

I hope you're either trying to get a rise out of everyone or your don't have kids.

It doesn't matter matter if the windows were up or down. It doesn't matter what the temps were outside. Point is...IT"S WRONG. Someone could have taken the baby from her car just as easily as he/she could have sufficated in the car.....believe it or not, it happens. a baby in a stroller in 90 degree weather is no comparison.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'll be damned: Your're right! (I hate it whan that happens!) I'd still like to hear all the circumstances before having her burned at the stake.

Nah!

Hell, let's go ahead and burn her ass!

Um, you're the one who said to burn her at the stake. No one said that needs to happen, but she sure as hell needs to be punished for her CRIME. Neglect of a child is no laughing matter. And it really angers me when people such as yourself make light of something like this.

That would be trollin' I ain't no troll.

What I am doing is no big deal; I'm just doing exactly what you'd want others to do if it were you accused of such a thing.

Why would you hope that a man, giving another the benefit of doubt and using reasoning, wouldn't have kids?

It doesn't matter matter if the windows were up or down.

As far as heat: yes, it does matter.

It doesn't matter what the temps were outside.

As far as heat, yes, it does matter.

Point is...IT"S WRONG.

...Wrong because your assumptions must be right?

Someone could have taken the baby from her car just as easily as he/she could have sufficated in the car

Or just as easily as a lot of other things.

.....believe it or not, it happens.

I believe it, but I don't obsess over it.

a baby in a stroller in 90 degree weather is no comparison.

Yes it is. As far as heat exhaustion, a child is a stroller in the sun in an ambient temperature of 90 degrees is in far more danger than a child in a car (in the shade, with the windows rolled down--may or may not have been) in an ambient temperature of 90 degrees.

What about a woman (or man) who rolls her bady around the hood in 90 degree heat? Baby ain't in a car. The windows ain't rolled up on the stroller although the canopy isn't deployed. Although she's with the kid, she's in a bad part of town where babies have been abducted before. Shouldn't she be burned at the stake for letting her child get sun burned and kidnapped?

We don't know all of the circumstances...at least I don't know enough to have her jiled and her children dispursed to [G]od knows who-all.

pubby

Maybe the baby was asleep when she got to the vet?

Maybe the dog was so sick it could not walk.

She will pay for this mistake the rest of her life. I am thankful the child is okay

Maybe the baby was asleep when she got to the vet?

Maybe the dog was so sick it could not walk.

She will pay for this mistake the rest of her life. I am thankful the child is okay

Wake the sleeping baby... put it in a stroller, have one of the older children push the stroller and carry the dog.

I am also thankful that the bay is okay.

As a mother of a 2 year old, no matter how inconvenient it may be, it is never okay to leave a baby unattended in a car. I'm not saying this mom needs to go to the electric chair for it, but she does need some court-ordered parenting classes.

...snip...

And it really angers me when people such as yourself make light of something like this.

"I make light of something like this" when I point out the 'logical' leaps some here have gleefully made when another's freedom is on the line? How can I ever make it up to you? :rolleyes:

As a mother of a 2 year old, no matter how inconvenient it may be, it is never okay to leave a baby unattended in a car. I'm not saying this mom needs to go to the electric chair for it, but she does need some court-ordered parenting classes.

Unless I'm missing something else, we can only assume the child was left unattended by the mother. Perhaps the attendant assigned by the mother left the scene? Etc etc etc..

We don't know enough to judge what happened. (But lets burn her anyway! <---That was sarcasm for those of us who are sarcastically challenged.)

Unless I'm missing something else, we can only assume the child was left unattended by the mother. Perhaps the attendant assigned by the mother left the scene? Etc etc etc..

We don't know enough to judge what happened. (But lets burn her anyway! <---That was sarcasm for those of us who are sarcastically challenged.)

Unless I'm missing something, I just said that "it's never okay to leave a baby unattended in a car." Unattended as in alone, not with adult supervision....

Like I also said, I'm not saying we should send her to the electric chair (or burn her at the stake), but obviously some parenting classes are in order.

That would be trollin' I ain't no troll.

What I am doing is no big deal; I'm just doing exactly what you'd want others to do if it were you accused of such a thing.

Why would you hope that a man, giving another the benefit of doubt and using reasoning, wouldn't have kids?

As far as heat: yes, it does matter.

As far as heat, yes, it does matter.

...Wrong because your assumptions must be right?

Or just as easily as a lot of other things.

I believe it, but I don't obsess over it.

Yes it is. As far as heat exhaustion, a child is a stroller in the sun in an ambient temperature of 90 degrees is in far more danger than a child in a car (in the shade, with the windows rolled down--may or may not have been) in an ambient temperature of 90 degrees.

What about a woman (or man) who rolls her bady around the hood in 90 degree heat? Baby ain't in a car. The windows ain't rolled up on the stroller although the canopy isn't deployed. Although she's with the kid, she's in a bad part of town where babies have been abducted before. Shouldn't she be burned at the stake for letting her child get sun burned and kidnapped?

We don't know all of the circumstances...at least I don't know enough to have her jiled and her children dispursed to [G]od knows who-all.

It's wrong because it's against the law. it's child abuse/neglect...says the law. Just like robbing banks, or stealing cars is wrong....putting your child in danger is wrong. Somethings are beyond giving the benefit of doubt...weather she ment to run just outside or thought that the child would be ok in the car by his/her self.......she still neglected her child, no matter what her thought process was at the time. I wasn't implying the child is 100% safe from everything in a stroller, BUT how likely is it for a baby to sufficate in a stroller as apposed to a car with windows up? not likely. how likely is it for a small child to have a heat stroke in a stroller as apposed to an unairconditioned car? not likely. A responsable parent would have there child in a shaded area, or put a cold rag on their head, or remove any excess clothing, or simply take the child into an air conditioned area. How likely is it for someone to abduct a small child unable to defend themselves in a stroller supervised by an adult as apposed to unsupervised in a parked car? not nearly as likely as the car.

I say I hope you don't have kids because you think something as dangerous as leaving you baby unattended for half an hour or more in a parked car in 90 degree weather is "no big deal". that makes others think...what other dangerous situations do you think are "no big deal" when it comes to your helpless children.

Edited by Mommy2two
Unless I'm missing something, I just said that "it's never okay to leave a baby unattended in a car." Unattended as in alone, not with adult supervision....

Like I also said, I'm not saying we should send her to the electric chair (or burn her at the stake), but obviously some parenting classes are in order.

Agreed! I don't think i saw any posts on here saying "we should burn her at the stake" as someone has on here has put it. But this is a CRIME that needs to be punished. She needs to understand why this is soooo dangerous! (and it is dangerous!)

P.S.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing... only less entertaining.

Was the kid hurt? Apparently not.

I mean, why not arrest the parent for getting the kid in the car in the first place and driving? The risks of serious injury or death are MUCH greater (especially if the mother drives like most people drive).

Was it wrong? yes

Will she pay for her mistake? yes

Do I want to "lock her in a hot car and put it on television"? NO

I have no idea why it happened but maybe she is deserving of my compassion since I am not her judge. I watched a woman on Oprah not long ago who left her daughter in her car and she died. It was an accident because she was not in the habit of having her daughter with her. She was a broken woman, who will never forgive herself. We do not know the circumstances of this mother either. Why is everyone so quick to condemn these days?