Paulding.com

We just got the sad news that Pastor Jay Bice passed away this morning from a massive heart attack. He was found in his truck. Jay was a wonderful man of God. He just preached at our church on Sunday morning. Everyone was so touched with his sermon. It really meant alot to all of us. This is such a great loss to the community, but God has another angel in heaven. Jay always said he was only one heartbeat from Heaven, but now he is strolling on those streets of gold. Jay, we love you and we will miss you. Our prayers go to his family.

I just spoke with Jones/Wynn in Villa Rica. Funeral arrangements haven't been made yet, but they will have the service.

Edited by PUBBY
What church did he pastor?

He was a friend of a friend but I thought his last name was Bice.

May his family be comforted in this time.

I did misspell his last name. I am so upset that I wasn't thinking about spelling. Sorry

It is Bice, He also started Victory School on Mulberry Rock Rd many years ago

Prayers for his family

He also was pastor at New Georgia, where his brother was Sunday School Superintendant until the last year or so.

Edited by the rose
prayers for the family. he was the nicest man!

YES, he was!!! I have been sitting here thinking about Jay. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER heard anyone who could quote the Bible by verse the way Jay could. He was not only a man of God, but was so interesting to listen to - he was AMAZING. And, Jay would often talk of his demons when he was younger and having been an alcoholic. He would tell stories about going out to his truck at lunch during a work day so he could get a drink. He was taken to a revival by a friend and sat on the back bench but literally ran to the alter when the invitation was given - HE WAS SAVED. He was supposed to have gone to a dance in Heflin, AL. That night changed his life forever. I am so so sad. :::teartear:::

I can't go to sleep. I just keep thinking about Jay and the things he talked with us about on Sunday. My heart is broken. I keep thinking maybe it is a dream and I will wake up from it and none of this will be true.

Prayers for his family. Did not know him, but by ya'lls post must of been a wonderful man ..

He was! And to give you a visual, Jay was a large framed man and tall. He was not fat by no means, but a striking individual and always had a beautiful smile for everyone. He was what we refer to as a "hell and brimstone" preacher. He didn't hold back and would tell ya how it is - or going to be - in heaven or hell. He always had a huge bear hug for everyone and he NEVER saw DS that he did not give him one of those hugs, ask if he was still singing and giving him words of encouragement. (Jay would sometimes preach at East Hiram Baptist Church when we attended there and Wade would often sing special music) Jay's brother, Ricky Bice has been the preacher at EHBC forever. (I may have already said that and if so, I apologize) I am still shocked. Jay's nephew said he was at the back of his house at his shop. It "appeared" he was getting out of the truck and sat back down in it and died. :(

Prayers for all his family. He was loved dearly by his friends, biological and Spiritual family!!!

Calling my parents in S. GA right now. My dad pastored New GA Baptist Church for almost 10 years and knows the family well....Jay included. Thank you for the post. I know my parents will want to come up for this.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it is hard on the family as they are a very close family. May God keep them in his loving hands and help them through this tragedy and may Pastor Bice rest in peace as I know he is with God now looking down on all of his family as their Guardian Angel. :wub:

Scarlet

Visitation will be at Jones-Wynn in Villa Rica

6p.m.-9p.m. on Thursday

9a.m.-9p.m. on Friday

service will be at 10 a.m on Saturday July 18

Thanks for posting the arrangements. I was at work and was unable to post them when I found out. The service will be at the Happy Valley Baptist Church in Villa Rica.

We just got back from the funeral home. It was sad, but the reality has set in. Everyone who knew Jay knows where he is now. That helps everyone to accept this great loss. If you didn't know him or ever get the pleasure of hearing him preach, you missed one of the greatest blessings you could ever receive. I am soo thankful to have known this great man and am able to call him my friend. An earlier post stated how he could recite the verses in the Bible, which he could, but he could preach like few preachers know how to preach today. There are three preachers going to preach his funeral, but Jay Bice preached his own funeral in his life. Jay lived so he could win the lost. Not many men would have the courage to go into places where he went and not be ashamed to testify or talk about the Lord like Jay would. That's one of many things that made him so unique. WE LOVE YOU JAY!

We just got back from the funeral home. It was sad, but the reality has set in. Everyone who knew Jay knows where he is now. That helps everyone to accept this great loss. If you didn't know him or ever get the pleasure of hearing him preach, you missed one of the greatest blessings you could ever receive. I am soo thankful to have known this great man and am able to call him my friend. An earlier post stated how he could recite the verses in the Bible, which he could, but he could preach like few preachers know how to preach today. There are three preachers going to preach his funeral, but Jay Bice preached his own funeral in his life. Jay lived so he could win the lost. Not many men would have the courage to go into places where he went and not be ashamed to testify or talk about the Lord like Jay would. That's one of many things that made him so unique. WE LOVE YOU JAY!

I am guessing Bro.Eddie will be one of the preachers, I know Jay helped lead him to the Lord on New year eve years ago. I always loved to hear his testimony of that night. Jay was loved as respected by so many and will be truly missed

AMEN!!!

That was me who said I had never known a man who could quote scripture the way Jay could. He KNEW his Bible like none other. And the way he quoted the scripture and the intense method of preaching was like none other. Every time I heard him preach, I received a BLESSING and knew I was in the presence of God as Jay was His instrument. My heart breaks for the huge loss to the family but as you said, everyone knows where he is and that has to be a comfort.

Bro. Ricky (Jay's brother) used to preach about getting to Heaven and running down the Streets of Gold with his nephew who was close to Bro Ricky's age. This nephew was born with a disability and had never walked. But, Bro Ricky would talk about how he was in Heaven with a new body and walking - and they would walk and run together. Jay is with him now, walking and running.

I am guessing Bro.Eddie will be one of the preachers, I know Jay helped lead him to the Lord on New year eve years ago. I always loved to hear his testimony of that night. Jay was loved as respected by so many and will be truly missed

Jerry Hollis, Charles Williams and Eddie Wyatt are the preachers. Pray for them.

Jay's funeral was one of a kind, but that goes without saying that it just fit him, since he was one of a kind. It was sad, but happy, everyone cried, but laughed. It was one to remember. But Jay got the last laugh. When we got to the cemetary there was with a problem with the vault and the grave people had to remove it and get the right one. I told several people that I could just hear Jay laughing saying "they ain't gonna put me in the ground yet!" It certainly was a funeral to remember!

Jerry Hollis, Charles Williams and Eddie Wyatt are the preachers. Pray for them.
These are wonderful men of God to do a service for someone. Of course, Bro. Bice preached his own funeral

with the life he lived. He was truly a good man with a passion for others.

Now go on Bro. Jay and have a GREAT TIME! Imagine, Jay is now experiencing things that we are merely talking about. Prayers for the family both biological and spiritual families. :wub:

This is my honorary Paw Paw. We love him and his wife beyond words. They are truly WONDERFUL people. Their daughter is one of my closest friends. This entire family has hearts the size of Texas.

Jay was one of the sweetest people I have ever known. He would do anything to help someone out.

I know his family will miss him immensely.

They certainly are. Brother Charles is my Pastor. He said he was somewhat jealous of Brother Jay because Jay made it to Heaven before he did.

Charles and Melinda are both very good friends of my parents and I have known them for years, as well as their kids and the whole family.

My heart goes out to them all. I am closer to Charles and Melinda as they were the first people in New GA Church that my parents became close to when my Dad became the minister there in 1980....John and Norma Meadows. They came to my grandparent's funerals in Columbus and continue to be close friends.

My prayers are with Jay's wife and children, as well as the entire Bice family. :wub: