Paulding.com

Al Sharpton wants the US to honor Michael Jackson with a postage stamp and a national day of mourning.

If you want the stamp then go for it. I really don't see anything wrong with it. But he seriously wants a national holiday for us to mourn MJ. Although you never can predict what a politician will do, I just don't see MJ getting his very own national holiday before one is awarded for Elvis, John Wayne, and Dale Earnhardt just to name a few.

What will he want next?

Edit: I stand corrected. Sharton stops short of calling it a national holiday by calling it a national day of mouring.

Wow, I will admit, that is a little far fetched if you ask me. What would we do on this national holiday? Dress up in full MJ attire and rock out to his songs all day, doing the moonwalk? :rolleyes:

If I get a day off, I don't care who the holiday is named after.

Al Sharpton wants the US to honor Michael Jackson with a postage stamp and a national day of mourning.

If you want the stamp then go for it. I really don't see anything wrong with it. But he seriously wants a national holiday for us to mourn MJ. Although you never can predict what a politician will do, I just don't see MJ getting his very own national holiday before one is awarded for Elvis, John Wayne, and Dale Earnhardt just to name a few.

What will he want next?

I'll remember Princess Diana who gave the world much more than MJ.

MJ had awesome talent but that is as far as it went.

What will he want next?

To be white...

.....I wonder if Cynthia McKinney will voice her opinion on this........

I'll admit to liking most of Jackson's music......then again, I also like other artists from a variety of musical genres......with all due respect, I really don't think a "national day of mourning" is in order.....

Guest Heigh ho Silver

I think the fact is that Sharpton couldn't care less if we remember Jackson, he wants us to remember Sharpton. A national day of mourning is absolute nonsense.

.....I wonder if Cynthia McKinney will voice her opinion on this........

I'll admit to liking most of Jackson's music......then again, I also like other artists from a variety of musical genres......with all due respect, I really don't think a "national day of mourning" is in order.....

She can not give a opinion as last I heard she was in jail again in another country.

She can not give a opinion as last I heard she was in jail again in another country.

I believe that is correct. She appeared before an Israeli court the other day. All dressed up in her anti-American, see how stupid I look, self. I would love to see her make little rocks from big ones on the West Bank. B)

Actually, it's been reported that McKinney has been released and is on her way back to the U.S. (News Story)

I would not be surprised if she didn't jump in and voice her worthless opinion.....

Why does this have to be racial?

I don't care for Al Sharpton's normal retoric either, but I don't see anything wrong with a stamp and a day of mourning. And this is about Michael Jackson, not Al Sharpton.

Michael will be honored at the Staple Center in LA tomorrow.

As far as stamps go, I have the Elvis stamps and the Frank Sinatra stamps. I also have the Marilyn Monroe set and many others.

And I remember Elvis' birthday and the day he died.

I'll buy Michael's stamps as well. And I'll always remember him.

I don't care for Al Sharpton's normal retoric either, but I don't see anything wrong with a stamp and a day of mourning. And this is about Michael Jackson, not Al Sharpton.

As far as stamps go, I have the Elvis stamps and the Frank Sinatra stamps. I also have the Marilyn Monroe set and many others.

Some folks can't help it.

Just like saying Sharpton wants to be white?

WTF does that even mean?

There is NO REASON to have a day of mourning for a guy as messed up as MJ was....he may have had music talent but that was it.

WTF does that even mean?

It was a joke, geesh. I still think though that if he could be, he would be... <shrug>

WTF does that even mean?

Yep. Last thing Sharpton wants is to be white. He would lose his ability to blackmail corporate America if he were white.

Sharpton is a bottom feeder. He'll latch on to anything that has the hopes of putting him in front of a camera for a minute. Most black people that I know are embarrassed by him. Personally, I'd like to see him visit Michael's doctor and go the hell away.

I'll agree with that, he's about on the level of Pat Buchanan, imo.

I can hear the Post Office now.............Get your pedifile stamp at the Post office ranch.....................and the directions will simply say.................."Just lick it, Just lick it"......................Somehow, I just don't see the general public embracing a man who's favorite kiddy drink was "Jesus Juice". I might be wrong.

I can hear the Post Office now.............Get your pedifile stamp at the Post office ranch.....................and the directions will simply say.................."Just lick it, Just lick it"......................Somehow, I just don't see the general public embracing a man who's favorite kiddy drink was "Jesus Juice". I might be wrong.

I think a good portion of the general public already embraces him.