Paulding.com

I passed what appeared to be a two-car accident at this intersection about 30 mins. ago. A van/SUV was on its side in the middle of Ridge Road, and another vehicle was nose-down in the ditch across the street. I didn't notice the make/models of the vehicles involved. SO was on the scene but paramedics were not.

I hope everyone involved is OK. :( If you know anyone who might have been in that vicinity around 9pm or so, you may want to check the scanner archives.

my husband just got back from the store and he said he heard lots of sirens and possibly a helicopter. just wondering what was going on...anyone know?

hopefully it's nothing!

Edited by TSD mom

AVOID Ridge Rd @ Ridge Run Dr for the next 2 hours due to traffic incident. Some roads closed.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office advises you to AVOID Ridge Rd due to a current traffic issue.

A vehicle crash near Ridge Run Dr has closed Ridge Rd and will require a detour of traffic for the next 2 hours.

Traffic is being detoured down Austin Bridge Rd on the west side of the crash scene. Motorists are being sent down Mein Mitchell Rd or Hughes Rd on the east side of the crash scene.

Motorist are urged to choose an alternate route during this time.

For full details, go to http://local.nixle.com/alert/36244/

I Just came back from a party one block east of that location. Loud crash a little after 9. A lot of highway patrol cars they have Ridge Road blocked one block west of Country club? Saw a life flight copter touch down in the ball field near the wreck site. Looked like a bad one. :(

2 car accident, head on collision. One car had a 7 year old and a Mom in it the other had a Male in it. All 3 are alive, I don't know how bad the injuries are, but I do know the Mom was trapped in the car when I left. The little boy knows his name and age and is coherant, but his chest hurts. He was in the back with his seat belt on and the person who saw the wreck got the little boy out and layed him on the side of the road. When I got there they told me to keep him still and don't let him move, when I raised his shirt he had marks from the seat belt across him, he said his chest hurt bad. His Dad arrived on the scene and road in the ambulance with him to Scottish Rite. The Mom was going to Grady, maybe she was the one being life flighted out. The other car with the male in it was flipped on its side in the road, they had him on a stretcher. He was not coherant after the wreck, but came to after a few minutes.

oh no. that is such a bad intersection.

prayers for all involved.

It was not at a intersection.

my husband just got back from the store and he said he heard lots of sirens and possibly a helicopter. just wondering what was going on...anyone know?

hopefully it's nothing!

Yes, an accident and the notification came through my cell phone by the PCSO.

I Just came back from a party one block east of that location. Loud crash a little after 9. A lot of highway patrol cars they have Ridge Road blocked one block west of Country club? Saw a life flight copter touch down in the ball field near the wreck site. Looked like a bad one. :(

Where is Country Club????

It was not at a intersection.

:huh:

Maybe the accident wasn't *caused* by the intersection, but it was definitely on Ridge Road AT Ridge Run Drive. As I posted earlier, I came through the scene after the SO but before rescue - and before Ridge Road was closed off.

:huh:

Maybe the accident wasn't *caused* by the intersection, but it was definitely on Ridge Road AT Ridge Run Drive. As I posted earlier, I came through the scene after the SO but before rescue - and before Ridge Road was closed off.

I was posting to the poster that said oh what a bad intersection. That makes it sound like a 4 way intersection. It was on a straight away, right in front of a subdivision and a driveway on the other side of the road.

Anyhow since I saw these people, I would like an update on the Mom and child if someone knows them.

Edited by kidsrock

The lady & her husband that saw it happen, said that the car (with the (1) man) that was flipped over on its side crossed the center line and hit them head on. We were trying to keep the little boy from moving or going to sleep, so we were asking him questions like: What is your name, How old are you? He said that he was listening to music and the car came and hit him and his Mom. The lady and the littlbe boy's story match up. They were all conscience last night, I wish I could find out how they are doing since I got to see them all and help out with this little boy.