Paulding.com

Ashton Bass has passed away: 6/10/09 *UPDATE ADDED*

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear friends and family,

As usual, your prayers and love for our family has been so over-whelming and at the same time comforting. I have sat here looking at the screen trying to put into words what my heart is saying. So please bare with me as I try.

The Nana in me screams "Thieffffffffffffffff!!!!." My heart cries, "Noooo, please God, not yet, I am not ready." As I selfishly cry in self pity for the loss of our sweet lil man, God whispers to me that Ashton is happy, he is at home. I have no doubt of this. My boys were probably the ones making all the noise that sounded like thunder today. (It was a sound I grew familiar with when they raced through the house.) I know the skies let go their tears of joy. And still, God had us in his arms.

Please join us in celebration of the life each of us shared with Ashton. Although he was young, our lives have been so blessed in his love. It has been a pleasure to share his journey with you. I hope God blesses each and every soul that he has in some way touched. We want to thank you for each prayer and thought you have had for his health. I can give you no words to soothe your aching hearts. I know you also feel the shock that has rocked our home today.

Ashton finished his journey today. But we are still here slowly making our way through ours. Your words give us comfort that our message to love your little ones more has been heard. There are so many people that Ashton loved so very much. Children and adults. Our daughter Tamsen is reeling in shock at the loss of her youngest. Ashton thrilled at hearing her voice. No matter his love for his Nana and Papa, there was no one like his Momma.

My prayer tonight is that you too feel the love of your loved ones surround you like a warm, comforting breeze. Breathe it in and don't forget to tell them that you love them. Don't forget to hug your little ones and tell them how special they are. And give them and extra squeeze for me?

God bless,

:wub: Denise

Denise, Phillip and Tamsen

Denise, I am in awe of your strength. Through your words I can see the Lord and the comfort he gives you. I know that the days coming are going to be so hard, and after the funeral will be the hardest, but please know that you will be in my prayers, and that the Lord will be continueing to comfort you.

God Bless.

Dear friends and family,

As usual, your prayers and love for our family has been so over-whelming and at the same time comforting. I have sat here looking at the screen trying to put into words what my heart is saying. So please bare with me as I try.

The Nana in me screams "Thieffffffffffffffff!!!!." My heart cries, "Noooo, please God, not yet, I am not ready." As I selfishly cry in self pity for the loss of our sweet lil man, God whispers to me that Ashton is happy, he is at home. I have no doubt of this. My boys were probably the ones making all the noise that sounded like thunder today. (It was a sound I grew familiar with when they raced through the house.) I know the skies let go their tears of joy. And still, God had us in his arms.

Please join us in celebration of the life each of us shared with Ashton. Although he was young, our lives have been so blessed in his love. It has been a pleasure to share his journey with you. I hope God blesses each and every soul that he has in some way touched. We want to thank you for each prayer and thought you have had for his health. I can give you no words to soothe your aching hearts. I know you also feel the shock that has rocked our home today.

Ashton finished his journey today. But we are still here slowly making our way through ours. Your words give us comfort that our message to love you little ones more has been heard. There are so many people that Ashton loved so very much. Children and adults. Our daughter Tamsen is reeling in shock at the loss of her youngest. Ashton thrilled at hearing her voice. No matter his love for his Nana and Papa, there was no one like his Momma.

My prayer tonight is that you too feel the love of your loved ones surround you like a warm, comforting breeze. Breathe it in and don't forget to tell them that you love them. Don't forget to hug your little ones and tell them how special they are. And give them and extra squeeze for me?

God bless,

:wub: Denise

Denise, Phillip and Tamsen

So heartbroken and eloquent at the same time. How do you do it? My heart hurts for you and Phillip. We're here if you need anything. Dawn

Denise and Papa,

I was so sad to here about Ashton's passing on this morning. But then I thought, he will be so missed here, but he is in a better place than us. He is no longer in any pain, and just sitting around. Our awesome GOD called him on home to have a new body. He is there not only with GOD, but other special people that are so excited to have him there with a whole body. Tristen and his Uncle have had to watch him be in so much pain and now he is with them doing what they like to do best. When you and Papa are sad, turn those sad feelings into glad feelings. Think of all of the good times that you guys had with all three of them. They are now your guardian angels looking down on you with those awesome smiles that they had.

Denise,

When I read your words here my heart filled and I knew God is carrying you and your family thru this. Footprints in the Sand has never shined thru to me more than it is right now. How wonderful to see God's love for you and see your faith in Him shining thru in your words. It is thru Him that you can comfort us during this time. God bless you and your family. Y'all are in my prayers.

Denise:

Even though I've never met you, I know that you are, no doubt, one of the strongest women in the world. You have handled this whole experience with such faith and grace. I just don't think I could have handled it so well. I have followed Ashton's story from the beginning. He was an amazing little boy and touched so many lives. You were very lucky to have had him in your life.

May God bless and keep you and your family in this most difficult time. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.

Donna Rosser

you will be missed..

2652077420_539aeb636b.jpg

WOW - what an awesome picture! Denise, even though I never met you or Ashton, you truly are an inspiration to the rest of us with your faith and strength!

May God Bless you and continue to carry you, Phillip and Tamsen through this difficult time.

Denise, I am in tears right now reading about your loss and I know if it were Shelby, I know I would not be as strong as you are.

Ashton touched us so very much and sharing this journey with you and Ashton has touched all of us deeply within our hearts.

I will pray for you in your journey now and that of your daughter and family. Just know that our love surrounds you and our prayers will be heard.

May God keep you close to him and help you through this. I am truly so very sorry for your loss. Words do not seem sufficient to express how I feel.

Just know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please do not hesitate to call me if you need ANYTHING!!! 770 222 8603.\

Lots of Hugs and Love, :wub:

Scarlet and Bruce

Denise,

You amaze me! This has to be one of the hardest days for you and yet you find the words to comfort everyone else.

You have such a warm and giving heart. I have kept up with your trials and never have I felt such warmth and caring from an individual before. Even though we haven't met I feel like I know you. You, Phillip and Ashton have been such an inspiration to me.

There are no words I can say to help ease your grief and pain. Just know that there are hundreds of people ready to help in any way we can.

I am praying for you all!

Denise, May the Lord's peace continue to surround you, lift you up, and allow you to continue to shine for Him throughout this heartbreak. You have inspired me over and over through your posts. You are one of the Lord's mightiest voices on this old planet Earth and I humbly thank you, as I pray for you and Papa.

I attended Ashton's wake this evening...rest in peace sweet boy. There was an out pouring of love....Even Santa himself came to see Ashton.

Denise, stay strong, give it to God :wub:

Yes he did, we were leaving as they came in. So many people loved this sweet boy. And we were all blessed to know him!

Edited by momof 3
Yes he did, we were leaving as they came in. So many people loved this sweet boy. And we were all blessed to know him!

I hope you post the picture that your daughter did ...I am still in awe of her talent! It was so nice to meet you this evening, and your hubby.

I rarely get on here anymore. Not that I don't love my pcom family. I just stay so busy here lately. But, I thought let's see what is happening in pcom land tonight.... I now know why God sent me here. I remember when all of this first happened. I have seen updates over the last year as well. When I first saw this post. All I could think was dear Lord don't let that be who I think it is. It took 4 pages of reading before my worst fears were confirmed. Denise your love and light shine!!! Through out this whole ordeal you have shown grace. Which is a trait that few have anymore. I am in awe of you every time I read one of your posts. As I have many times in the last year, I wonder how I would behave. I can only hope to be half as gracious as you have been. You are faced with yet another great loss and pain. Yet somehow you come in here and comfort us. Even those of us who have never even met you, Phillip, Tamsen, nor Ashton, yet feel we know you. Feel the loss, fear such loss. Sorry does not seem sufficient. The light in my heart tells me all things happen for a reason. Yet it doesn't make it ok just yet. As well as many others you guys are on my mind and in my prayers. Thank you for the lessons you guys have taught us. We can all get so wrapped up in our day to day, that it is easy to forget that work, bills, money, trials and tribulations do not move on with you. It is easy to justify fussing at your children to leave you alone..."your busy!" Anger that your hubby didn't pick up his dirty clothes What if he were not there? What if there were no children to fuss at? These things seem mundane in light of what you face. Thank you for that reminder. Thank you for helping us all see what is truly important. Ashton has touched many. In the days & weeks ahead. I know from personal experience (not a child tho) that you will be on an emotional roller coaster. Just know that there are 100's of people that are praying for you & your family. I can not even come close to imagining what all this must be like for Tamsen. God willing I never will. As a nurse, I know we are all dying. However, we as humans like the comfort of the general life process. You don't bury your kids and you sure as heck never expect to bury your grand babies. When that order is changed. There is no way to prepare for that.

Very few will actually ask for help when it is needed. However, please do. I will also donate to Ashton's funeral service but should you need anything else call anytime 770-505-3207. Much love and prayers. Kristi and Eric

Stairway-to-Heaven.jpg

ps...I know Liberty Lady you do so much for so many. I know you will come up with something above and beyond donating to his funeral fund. Please, please call. I would be more than glad to help!!

momof3 and smoochiemom, it was so good to see you both again tonight, even though it was a sad reason to meet again. momof3, tell your husband I was glad to meet him, and that I hope being there helped to heal his heart. And your daughter's drawing is such a precious gift, and so beautiful.

Denise, I love ya Dear Lady. You're stronger than you know.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

ps...I know Liberty Lady you do so much for so many. I know you will come up with something above and beyond donating to his funeral fund. Please, please call. I would be more than glad to help!!

KC-I will try--7000 is a lot of money... :(

Sorry for the implication...pm sent

momof3 and smoochiemom, it was so good to see you both again tonight, even though it was a sad reason to meet again. momof3, tell your husband I was glad to meet him, and that I hope being there helped to heal his heart. And your daughter's drawing is such a precious gift, and so beautiful.

Denise, I love ya Dear Lady. You're stronger than you know.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

I was glad to see you too. Hubby is doing better than I thought and I do think it did him good to be there. It's just too sad!

Phillip and I wanted all of you that were with us this evening to know that we were so honored that you came. Too be wrapped in so much love is truly awesome and humbling.

Ashton looked like a young sleeping prince just needing a kiss to wake up. Oh, ... if that were all it would have taken. The line to give him the kiss would have lasted for hours.

Many handed us donations in honor of Ashton to help with the funeral expences or to use on what we felt most needed. Thank you so much.

Dawn's daughter, Elizabeth, painted a beautiful picture of Ashton and I, using one of Donna's photos to go by. It is beautiful and will be treasured forever.

Kelly brought me a beautiful white blouse to wear with my outfit for the funeral. Thank you so much!

Jackie and Jennifer brought us a snack bag that Phillip has already begun to lighten the load.

Scarlett, I wanted to get a nice warm soak tonight but I don't think I will be up long enough to do it. Thank you for all of the gifts. Bruce, I hope I did not upset you when I grabbed you for a hug. You and Scarlett have done so much for us this past year and I will not be forgotten for a very long time.

My sister Pat helped put the photos up so that we could share them and Phillip's sister Robin has been helping us from the first moment she heard that Ashton had died.

This list could go on and on but I would not even then remember every blessing we received today.

And for the past year.

Let me warn you guys, Ashton dropped a pepple into a pond and the ripples have now touched you. What will you be doing with your wrinkle?

Good night all, I am correcting more than I am typing... that is really bad!

:give_rose: Denise

I didn't catch the original post long ago when everything happened. I just kept seeing "update on Ashton" here and there until one day I opened a thread and read it. I then had to backtrack to find out what had happned and when that was done --- I looked forward to hearing all the positive reports on how Ashton was doing even though I knew he had a long journey ahead of him....

I had a bad feeling when I saw the name tonight though...I didn't know the last name....but my stomach knotted when I saw the name Ashton and my heart broke when I saw it was indeed him.

Prayers going up for the family.

Phillip and I want all of you that were with us this evening that we were so honored that you came. Too be wrapped in so much love is truly awesome and humbling.

Ashton looked like a young sleeping prince just needing a kiss to wake up. Oh, if that were all it would have taken. The line to give him the kiss would have lasted for hours.

Many handed us donations in honor of Ashton to help with the funeral expences or to use on what we felt most needed. Thank you so much.

Dawn's daughter, Elizabeth, painted a beautiful picture of Ashton and I using of on Donna's photos. It is beautiful and will be treasured forever.

Kelly brought me a beautiful white blouse to wear with my outfit for the funeral. Thank you so much!

Jackie and Jennifer brought us a snack bag that Phillip has already begun to lighten the load.

Scarlett, I wanted to get a nice warm soak tonight but I don't think I will be up long enough to do it. Thank you for all of the gifts. Bruce, I hope I did not upset you when I grabbed you for a hug. You and Scarlett have done so much for us this past year and I will not be forgotten for a very long time.

My sister Pat helped put the photos up so that we could share them and Phillip's sister Robin has been helping us from the first moment she heard that Ashton had died.

This list could go on and on but I would not even then remember every blessing we received today.

And for the past year.

Let me warn you guys, Ashton dropped a pepple into a pond and the ripples have now touched you. What will you be doing with your wrinkle?

I am so sorry and filled with grief for the loss of an angel hear on earth.Ashton touched so many in his short life.His light shown so bright as to light the path for the many souls here on this earth.His love and strength shall live with us always.

I am truly at a loss for words as the tears fall like rain from the heavens.

Remember,the little prince is with the king of kings and will be waiting at the gates of heaven for our arrival.

Should you ever need anything,remember,all of your Paulding.com family will be here for you. :wub:

Many bleasings and prayers for you, The Hiram Honeybear.

Phillip and I wanted all of you that were with us this evening to know that we were so honored that you came. Too be wrapped in so much love is truly awesome and humbling.

Ashton looked like a young sleeping prince just needing a kiss to wake up. Oh, ... if that were all it would have taken. The line to give him the kiss would have lasted for hours.

Dawn's daughter, Elizabeth, painted a beautiful picture of Ashton and I, using one of Donna's photos to go by. It is beautiful and will be treasured forever.

And for the past year.

Whew that gave me chills. Denise you were so wonderful last night and so strong!! Even when things seem like its too much, you remember that you can handle anything. You know you are a strong lady :wub: Alex woke up and asked about you. He ran to the bathroom, brushed his hair and put deoderant on his stomach (you know, because a 4 year old needs a good smelling stomach :lol: )....asked if "we go see Ashton and Denise today?" I guess he was getting himself all spiffed up for you haha While we won't be attending the funeral today, we will be keeping you and Phillip in our hearts and minds. We will come visit you soon though. All our love, Jess

:wub: