Paulding.com

Ashton Bass has passed away: 6/10/09 *UPDATE ADDED*

So very sad. I went back and read his other thread that Bouquet had updated just a week ago. You could tell they were so excited about his graduation and he seemed to be doing well. -_-

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family has been so inspirational to me over the past year. Ashton has touched more lives than you will ever know. His work here was done -now he is home. I pray that God will grant you the peace that passes understanding because this tragic loss makes no sense to us here and I pray that he will give you comfort and strength through our prayers and love. I don't think you can even begin to realize the difference Ashton and your family have made to our community. I always followed the threads on P.COM and laughed and cried right along with you. You are truly an amazing family -stay strong in your faith as I know you will and God will see you through.

Edited by stephie

Like many others, I followed Ashton's progress on pcom and while I don't know the family personally - I feel as though I do. I am so sorry to learn of this sweet Angel's passing on to his heavenly home. I pray for God to give the Bass family the strength to get through this trying time.

RIP sweet baby - your journey is complete.

I have followed Ashton's story from the start. I am saddened and heartbroken to hear of his passing. My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to this family who have endured so much. Rest in Peace sweet angel, you will be greatly missed.

So, so very sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for peace for his family. From all I have read from the past year, he was a very special boy and so is Denise. Every time she wrote about him you could just feel the love.

Denise, I'm so sorry for your loss! I simply cannot believe it, and pray for your strength to surface now. I know you are both heartbroken and am praying for peace to envelop both of you. Ashton has left you with wonderful memories and is now telling Jesus about his Nana and Papa who made him so happy on earth.

Whatever, whenever I can help - just call! Love to you both, Carolyn

I have no words. Just prayers that God will continue to bless the Bass family with the strength and grace He has given them in the past.

And please know, Denise and Phillip, it is because of knowing you and Ashton that I am able to have just a little more patience with my children, and to HUG them as much as I possibly can.

I am so sorry.

Elaine

My thoughts, my prayers and my heart is with you. I never met either of you but had followed your updates on Ashton and had the honor of meeting Tristen on several occasions at Abney. I am so sad right now and just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and your family.

For those of you that are not brand new that have followed the story about Ashton or have known the the family first hand.

I got a call at 6am this morning. Ashton has passed away. He's gone on to heaven to be with his brother and uncle. :( Please keep them in your prayers. When I know more, I will post again.

LL

ETA: The coronor had not arrived when I talked to Denise. Exact cause of death is unknown, but it was certainly of natural causes. His health had been fragile since the beginning.

I am so sorry, Prayers for the family they have been through alot! :(

I don't have the time right at the moment to read the entire thread, but I wanted to send condolences to the family and if someone is putting together help in the way of food for the family, please PM me. Thanks.

You know... for some reason last week, I had been thinking about Denise and Ashton. It was weighing on my heart, hard and heavy to go see her and Ashton. They are such nice people, they opened their doors and I had only pm'd her once or twice but, she trusted me to come into their home and we talked and talked and talked. (like ol women do, :rofl: ) We had a good visit. It felt like I had known them for ages, I will see them again because, Mr Bass got out his middle school yearbook and lord, I found an ex-brother-n-law. I came home looking for family pictures. I'll find them one day. But, I am sooo sad to hear this news, it has really disturbed me, this family has been through sooo much but, God knows what he's doing!!! I just pray that God will give them the strength to carry on and take care of them and to ease their pain. If I can do "ANYTHING" just give me a call, you can either call or send me a pm!! My heart is with the Bass Family :wub:

I just received this phone call from my daughters Teacher. Ashton was in the same class as my daughter. My heart goes out to his family. While I don't know the "Ashton Saga" people keep referring to, it is never easy to lose a child regardless of the age or the manner that they die. God Bless his family.

I am not on here very often as my two year old, house work and business keep me busy so I decided to find out more about this story. The day that the accident happened, My husband worked as a subcontractor and was installing cable in the area. He was the 3rd car back when this happened. I remember him calling crying wanting to speak with our then 1 1/2 year old. I was very confused and scared when he explained what had happened. He is not one to tell everyone to pray but this day he was demanding pray from everyone he spoke with.

I am deeply sorry for this loss as I am sure that is very hard on everyone. Loosing the life of such an inspirational little boy is very tragic. He is truly one of God's Angels now looking upon many of us. The Bass Family and relatives of, are in our thoughts and prayers. Please know that if there is ANYTHING that we can do we will.

May God Bless all of you in this very difficult time.

Heather and Family

Monkey Doodle Bowtique

All I can do is sit here and cry. I remember the way that from the very begining Denise handeled all of this with such a grace that I know comes only from having complete faith and trust in the Lord- I would often think to myself - would I be able to handle such an event with that much grace? That whole family as been an inspiration to me and even though I don't personally know them they have helped me in my own walk.

My prayers are with you all - that you would continue to find the peace that passes all understanding in this most difficult time in your lives and that through every emotion that the love of God would surround you and allow to feel and grieve the way that you need to as you are secure in the fact that no matter what God loves you. :(

This is such an absolute shock! I thought he was getting along so great. How are his grandparents going to survive now???

I am totally broken hearted.

Many, many prayers. I know Austin is well now, but I am so worried for the ones left behind.

Please tell me something to do in addition to my prayers. I fell so helpless.

I am so sorry for your loss. Although I don't know you personally, reading your story over the last year has been an inspiration to so many people. Your strength, compassion and love for Ashton was evident in all of your postings. I know your family must be so heartbroken. I pray that God will lift you up and that you will find comfort in knowing that Ashton is in God's loving arms. God Bless your family!

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that

God was going to call your name.

In life we loved you dearly.

In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.

You did not go alone,

for part of us went with you

the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories.

Your love is still our guide.

And though we cannot see you,

you are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken

and nothing seems the same,

but as God calls us one by one,

the Chain will link again [/b][center

And don't you know God had a purpose for keeping him alive in that accident for this period of time. It may be awhile until anyone knows what that purpose might be; but I can tell you this story has touched many lives. I was in shock when I read this tonight - I was still thinking about last week's report!

It sure would be nice if there was a place to quickly send funds to help out. Should we send right to the house? Is there something quicker that would give them benefit to handle everything?

May God wrap his loving arms around this family and give support, comfort and peace.

I am open to PMs for ideas to help.

Hi everybody:

Here's an UPDATE as of 7pm today:

I visited with the Bass's today. I don't know tons of details yet, but I do know:

No insurance policy to help wiht funeral expenses. If anybody would like to donate toward the cost, please contact Clark Funeral Home and let them know you'd like to help toward James Ashton Bass Evans' funeral expenses (or Little Ashton or Ashton Bass, etc). The monies would then go directly to funeral expenses without passing thru any other hands.

Food would be great so that they don't have to think about it. Food can be delivered to 386 Summer Creek Dr. Dallas, 30157. Don't worry about overlapping on days. I'm encouraging folks to bring something 'freezable' just in case.

Flowers can be given, but donations to Scottish Rite in lieu of flowers is enouraged.

Cards-can be sent to the Bass Home at 386 Summer Creek Dr. Dallas, GA 30157

Visits-YES, they are accepting visitors. Prepare young children about the grief there, but it helps Denise to see other children, too.

And finally: Remember the future. Now it's just Denise and Phillip and their kitties. If anybody has a moment to weed the garden, or put down round up on the weeds or mow for them, etc-please just do it. They need this community now more than ever.