Paulding.com

SPC Ryan Charles King, age 22, of Hobart, Indiana (formerly of Paulding County), passed away Friday, May 1, 2009, while serving his country in the U S Army, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. He was born on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 1986, in Marietta, GA. He attended Faith Lutheran Church in Marietta for many years. He played baseball in Canton, Powder Springs, and Dallas over the years, and truly loved being a Georgia boy and a family man. SPC King was a graduate of East Paulding High School Class of 2005. A few months after graduation he enlisted in the Army, something he had wanted to do since he was a child. He went to basic training at Fort Sill in Oklahoma, followed by AIT at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. After he completed his training, he was stationed in Korea for a year, where he met his wife. As a member of the Special Troops Battallion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry, they both left for deployment to Eastern Afghanistan in July 2008 and both were scheduled to return to Fort Hood in Texas in June 2009. SPC King was respected and loved by many and will be missed, but never forgotten.

Survivors include his wife, SGT Rachel Nicole Smith King; father, Charles Stanley King of Temple, GA; mother, Candice R. King & partner, Sandra Moore of Decatur, GA; younger brothers, Tyler King of Temple, GA and Dante Moore of Decatur, GA; grandparents, Dorothea King of Temple, GA and Tommy & Nancy Roberts of Dallas, GA; as well as many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, May12, 2009, at 11:00 am, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in Georgia National Cemetery, Canton, GA, at 2:00 pm, with full military honors. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

I thank him for serving this country...laying down his life for our freedom....my wish is for the family to find peace and love during this time...lay all aside to honor this fallen hero....this community should show all support for this family....God Bless and May he Rest in Peace...

I work for Clark Funeral and we are trying to find a limo service for this service. I have contacted Nick w/Ultra Limo and he is working up a price. Need about 3 limo for 40 people from 12-4. The family is limited with funds any suggestions will help.

Thanks

I work for Clark Funeral and we are trying to find a limo service for this service. I have contacted Nick w/Ultra Limo and he is working up a price. Need about 3 limo for 40 people from 12-4. The family is limited with funds any suggestions will help.

Thanks

I would be more than happy to make a donation towards the limo costs. I can't afford all but would gladly offer what I can!!!

Several comments ago I was unaware that the a set of grandparents were left out of the official obituary...to them, my deepest sympathy. I cannot imagine the loss of a grandson, God Bless them also....you know who you are and I am truly sorry for your loss...may you find strength, in knowing that your grandson gave this country the ulltimate sacrafice....

Thanks

How much are you talking about?

SPC Ryan Charles King, age 22, of Hobart, Indiana (formerly of Paulding County), passed away Friday, May 1, 2009, while serving his country in the U S Army, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. He was born on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 1986, in Marietta, GA. He attended Faith Lutheran Church in Marietta for many years. He played baseball in Canton, Powder Springs, and Dallas over the years, and truly loved being a Georgia boy and a family man. SPC King was a graduate of East Paulding High School Class of 2005. A few months after graduation he enlisted in the Army, something he had wanted to do since he was a child. He went to basic training at Fort Sill in Oklahoma, followed by AIT at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. After he completed his training, he was stationed in Korea for a year, where he met his wife. As a member of the Special Troops Battallion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry, they both left for deployment to Eastern Afghanistan in July 2008 and both were scheduled to return to Fort Hood in Texas in June 2009. SPC King was respected and loved by many and will be missed, but never forgotten.

Survivors include his wife, SGT Rachel Nicole Smith King; father, Charles Stanley King of Temple, GA; mother, Candice R. King & partner, Sandra Moore of Decatur, GA; younger brothers, Tyler King of Temple, GA and Dante Moore of Decatur, GA; grandparents, Dorothea King of Temple, GA and Tommy & Nancy Roberts of Dallas, GA; as well as many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, May12, 2009, at 11:00 am, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in Georgia National Cemetery, Canton, GA, at 2:00 pm, with full military honors. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

WOW...I just read this now and didn't know he was from Hobart, IN. That is in the area of where I grew up.

I attended his viewing today, and I want to say. It was the most heartbreaking, yet inspiring thing Ive ever been a part of. This young soldier is a HERO. I feel such sadness for him and his family. What a terrific young man Ryan was. WOW. Does anyone know if anyone is planning on having memorial stickers made to honor him? I know I'd proudly display one on my car. RIP Young Man. U will truly be missed forever, by so many.