Paulding.com

Important disclaimer on mower repairs regarding

Please make sure you are NOT using gas from a can that you filled up LAST YEAR. This will void the warranty on carb rebuilds and replacements.....(and yes, I can tell when I tear them back down) ;)

This would be good advice for everyone though....always dispose of last year's gas and get a new can full before you toss it into your mowers or other yard equipment!!! I see this a lot, and a lot of people don't realize it, so take heed.....old gas will form what I call "jelly boogers" after it reaches a few months in age. These "boogers" will clog up your carburetor mail jets and air ports. I know we all try to cut corners because most of us are poor, and getting poorer by the day, but do yourself a favor and do NOT cut corners on the gas you use in your yard equipment. If you get boogers in there, then you'll just have to come see me and have them removed for more money than that new can of gas would have run you.

This probably isn't good fro my business to tell you all this.....but it is good FOR YOU....and that's what really matters. :D It also voids the warranty of any carb rebuilds I do. Think of it like this- it's kinda like pouring maple syrup into your engine's gas tank....with boogers to boot. ;) And remember to check your oil level every time you decide to fire that sucker up......remember a sticking float can load up your crankcase with GAS....which renders the oil useless to do its job......and blow your engine.

Thank you!

:)

p.s. of course, you can ignore all of this and keep me in business, if you like! :lol:

Ewww boogers! :lol: Hubby was asking the other night if I had any ideas what he could do with his old gas (I was nice and left that one alone!). What's the best way to dispose of it?

Al Gore's back yard?

:pardon:

Start a Bon fire with it!

I'm so lame, I can't think of anything witty to say to that....

Al Gore's back yard?

:pardon:

:good: I'm sure he could use it for that plane he jets around on while complaining about other people's carbon footprints. :lol:

Jetman and Guard dad offer the best advice I could give you on disposing of your old gas! :db:

For what it's worth, my dad gave me a HUGE container to put my old oil in.....he uses it to keep his "eternal 55 gallon drum fire" going. :lol: It burns slow and it burns LONG...but he's also way out in the sticks where you can do that. Not sure if that's a good idea if you live in town. ;)

that's what I did.. I used last years gas for our burn pile.. It worked very well!

Just so long as you don't put last year's gas into your mower...you will do fine. ;)