Paulding.com

Love the 2010 Camaro? Want to be a star?

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Since my first car was a 1969 Camaro RS (orange with black stripes--396 4-speed)----of course I would love a chance to drive this new Camaro.

I currently drive an 05 Mustang and I love it, but I do believe this Camaro would be an awsome ride. It would probably make me want to trade cars again---is that a bad thing????

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Since my first car was a 1969 Camaro RS (orange with black stripes--396 4-speed)----of course I would love a chance to drive this new Camaro.

I currently drive an 05 Mustang and I love it, but I do believe this Camaro would be an awsome ride. It would probably make me want to trade cars again---is that a bad thing????

I'd rather have your 69 Camaro!

25833200005_large.jpg

I had a 69 Camero that I brought back from the dead, with a 70% restore and removed more beer cans from the back seat and trunk then most bars dump on a Friday night.

It was a cool and fast car.

I had to sell her after the 3rd electrical fire. But I believe she was rebuilt in Hawaii by the guy I sold her too.

I hope to get a test drive and if the price is right to take one home. Maybe not this year, but next after they drop the price a little.

What a dream car this is, I have about 5-6 pictures on my cube walls to admire and appreciate.

The winners will have a nice drive to remember for a while.

Good luck everyone....

And don't forget you can also give your test drive away to me if you feel in the giving mood. ;)

I want to be the first to drive the new Camaro. PLEASE enter me for the drawing. I would love to make my hubby jealous that I might get to drive it before he does. Hubby used to have a 1974 Camaro that he loved and had to sell it when we moved to Marietta from Savannah, he was devastated over that as it was his first car. He bought and paid for it at 16 yo after after working for about 4 years on a newspaper route and saving his money. I think I would have to let hubby drive in my place, if I won. I wouldn't have the heart to really make him jealous.

Pubby please enter me in the drawing for my 24 year old son. He has a 1969 camaro which he has had since he was 14. He, his Dad, and older brother started restoring it then and finished it when he turned 16. He has always taken very good care of this car and now he and his older brother have started restoring antique cars in their spare time. He would so love to get behind the wheel of a new one and test drive it.

"Panther" was the test name for the orginal Camaro. Chevy dropped the name because they wanted all the cars to start with a "C". PSD you aren't far off with the "Gorries Black Panther Camaros" as that is one reason or at least rumor at the GM proving grounds has it that he named them that.

The day the Panther died.....

http://wiki.gmnext.com/wiki/index.php/The_...he_Panther_Died

I'd rather have your 69 Camaro!

25833200005_large.jpg

PSD: I have to admit, you are a true conservative ... stuck in the 60s. The 2010 is a refined, fuel-efficient, clean, safe, powerful, refined automobile with all independent suspension, four-wheel disk brakes, full air-bag system and six-speed tranny and that beats the torque rush of a 396 with solid axle, front disk/rear drum with a four-on-the-floor) anyday. Better is just plain better!

And from the reports I've read/viewed - this one is more fun too boot in an any fool can be uncomfortable sort of way.

pubby

"Panther" was the test name for the orginal Camaro. Chevy dropped the name because they wanted all the cars to start with a "C". PSD you aren't far off with the "Gorries Black Panther Camaros" as that is one reason or at least rumor at the GM proving grounds has it that he named them that.

The day the Panther died.....

http://wiki.gmnext.com/wiki/index.php/The_...he_Panther_Died

Well, thanks. I learn a lot from you.

PSD: I have to admit, you are a true conservative ... stuck in the 60s. The 2010 is a refined, fuel-efficient, clean, safe, powerful, refined automobile with all independent suspension, four-wheel disk brakes, full air-bag system and six-speed tranny and that beats the torque rush of a 396 with solid axle, front disk/rear drum with a four-on-the-floor) anyday. Better is just plain better!

And from the reports I've read/viewed - this one is more fun too boot in an any fool can be uncomfortable sort of way.

pubby

The new Camaro is a beaut. However, let's consider the true classics of our lifetime - American muscle cars. They look great, they run better than great, they are relatively (compared to today's technology) easy to repair and maintain and here is the biggie:

They appreciate in value! New cars depreciate in value.

Here is an example of one of many Chevys I have owned:

P1010040.jpg

This car sold for more than 15,000 dollars over what I had invested in it.

By owning (and loving) these cars, I'm not conservative at all - I consider myself to be very, very smart.

Oh, and my 66' Chevelle, miss that one too ! My parents gave it to me after they bought a Pinto - geez, what were they thinking !!!!!! :p

Did you do something to pizz them off?

When I was a kid all I wanted was a Vette, a Harley and a good woman a decent bra size. Two out of three ain't bad. :D

So, you haven't owned a Corvette yet? :lol:

Ya know Pubby, my hubby (a mechanic) advises that you not purchase cars that have new engines/trannys in the first year they are out...he says they aren't proven and may still have kinks. B)

These engines and tranny were, in a different state of tune I believe, first used in the Cadillac and Pontiac G8 ... so they've been around.

pubby

The new Camaro is a beaut. However, let's consider the true classics of our lifetime - American muscle cars. They look great, they run better than great, they are relatively (compared to today's technology) easy to repair and maintain and here is the biggie:

They appreciate in value! New cars depreciate in value.

P1010040.jpg

This car sold for more than 15,000 dollars over what I had invested in it.

By owning (and loving) these cars, I'm not conservative at all - I consider myself to be very, very smart.

I understand, you wait for a new car to be used, depreciate and when it is at its nadir of value, you buy it figuring it will end up making you money. But all that aside, I like your observation about not being a conservative. We finally agree on something wholeheartedly.

pubby

When I am picked I will need a VOLUNTEER to ride with me that has NO FEAR

and be willing to wear a helmet and hold a video camera! :p

Me!!! :clapping:

P1010040.jpg

I would take THAT over the Camaro ANY day!! My dad had the same one, Nassau Blue. :wub:

These engines and tranny were, in a different state of tune I believe, first used in the Cadillac and Pontiac G8 ... so they've been around.

pubby

I would expect the Camaro to have a lot of time tested components so I would not be concerned about the first year's model at all.

Me!!! :clapping:

I would take THAT over the Camaro ANY day!! My dad had the same one, Nassau Blue. :wub:

Actually, the 65 and 66 blue was called Nassau Blue and it was a different shade of blue. The 67 blue was Marina Blue. You have to see the two blues side by side to tell the difference.

Me me me me me!

I used to have an 80 Camaro and had to sell it about 12 years ago, because we needed to pay bills.

Gosh, I miss that car.

I have a picture of it on my bulletin board in my office. :(

To drive one again if only for a brief moment would be a moment of pure and utter :wub:

Nope, no vette. :D Almost picked up a 77 last fall but got a jeep instead. My kid and his girl got a good laugh yesterday when I busted my butt trying to hop out of the back at the bmx track. It sits up a little higher than I thought and Im also a little older than I thought.

Nope, no vette. :D Almost picked up a 77 last fall but got a jeep instead. My kid and his girl got a good laugh yesterday when I busted my butt trying to hop out of the back at the bmx track. It sits up a little higher than I thought and Im also a little older than I thought.

Well, like you said, 2 outta 3 ain't bad as long as she doesn't require a custom made bra! First Corvette was a 77. Paid 7700 in 1980 and sold it in 1989 for 8400 after putting almost 100K miles on it. Older Corvettes are a good buy if you keep them and improve them.

camaroinvite1.jpg

PCommers! You're invited to the most exciting new car unveiling in Paulding history on Saturday, May 9th at Hardy Chevrolet

I was talking with Jason Benson at Hardy Chevrolet Wednesday and he is giving Pcom the opportunity to do the contest for the first three test drives of the new 2010 Camaro when they unveil this All-New All American classic on May 9th. To get a chance to win, you'll need to post your desire here.

And let me say, you really want to win this opportunity to drive the 2010 Camaro.

Prototypes of this car have already won major magazine comparisons with other pony cars hands down. The SS model - they'll have one display - features over 420 horsepower in a DOHC V-8 that gets 24 MPG on the highway. The V-6, which gets 29MPG on the highway, has over 300 HP and, according to Automobile Magazine, that is only about 10 HP shy of the 2002 Camaro Z28. Add in fully independent suspension, dramatic styling, six-speed automatic or manual transmission, side-airbags, 4-wheel disc brakes, those cat-eye headlights and you have one of the most technologically advanced cars on the market.

The way the contest works is that you need to post in this topic that you want to be the first to test drive the 2010 Camaro. The opportunity to test drive the new Camaro will be decided by raffle drawing.

To add to the excitement, there will be some classic Camaro's from the past on display as well as music and refreshments (See the invite.)

To win you will have to be at least 18 and you'll obviously have to have a drivers license. You will also have to be present to win so plan on being there

We'll be posting more pictures and video as we come up on the unveiling. The 2010 Camaro unveiling really is something special. We're excited about it. Win and you'll have have a story you can tell your grandkids. and if you win you'll be among the first folks to drive this exciting new car. Find out more about the car here.

pubby

I would love to take a test drive. My father a GM retirey will be visiting that weekend I would love too win this and give up my test drive to him.

Please include me in the drawing for the first test drive for the Camaro. My hubby loves the Camaro and that would be a great gift that I could give him for all the hard work he does for our family, church, friends, etc... He totally deserves this. We will SO be there on the 9th. I am looking forward to hearing my name called that day!! :D

I want to drive it!!!! I had two after I graduated. (Each one was wrecked by idiots in my life...)

Once I get my son in his vehicle when he is 16 (3 years from now) then I am treating myself to one of these!!!

I built me a red one! I'm all tingly!

All that HP just makes me MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :wub:

I am signing up!!! I wanna drive it :yahoo:

They'd have to add to your contract that you could not drive and eat there sugarbritches ;)

Ya'll need to just not worry about it, cause I'M gonna be driving the first one.

(Ya'll can take pictures and watch) HAHAHAHAHAHA

They'd have to add to your contract that you could not drive and eat there sugarbritches ;)

Ya'll need to just not worry about it, cause I'M gonna be driving the first one.

(Ya'll can take pictures and watch) HAHAHAHAHAHA

PUT ME IN FOR THE DRAWING< PLEASE!!!

(I love the fact there's so many Hot Roddettes on here wanting to drive......VROOMVROOM!

Pubby

I've owned, built or driven every body style of Camaro ever made. I believe I can be subjective as to wether GM has accomplished their goal.

B)

Edited by heyyourblockingmyview
Please, please, please pick me! I am in love with this car!

I want one soooooo bad, just not in the budget!

:( Darn it! I forgot that I will be in Chicago that week.

Please take me off the list. Dang, dang, dang! I was really wanting to drive one!

Oh well, Maybe better luck next time!

camaroinvite1.jpg

PCommers! You're invited to the most exciting new car unveiling in Paulding history on Saturday, May 9th at Hardy Chevrolet

I was talking with Jason Benson at Hardy Chevrolet Wednesday and he is giving Pcom the opportunity to do the contest for the first three test drives of the new 2010 Camaro when they unveil this All-New All American classic on May 9th. To get a chance to win, you'll need to post your desire here.

And let me say, you really want to win this opportunity to drive the 2010 Camaro.

Prototypes of this car have already won major magazine comparisons with other pony cars hands down. The SS model - they'll have one display - features over 420 horsepower in a DOHC V-8 that gets 24 MPG on the highway. The V-6, which gets 29MPG on the highway, has over 300 HP and, according to Automobile Magazine, that is only about 10 HP shy of the 2002 Camaro Z28. Add in fully independent suspension, dramatic styling, six-speed automatic or manual transmission, side-airbags, 4-wheel disc brakes, those cat-eye headlights and you have one of the most technologically advanced cars on the market.

The way the contest works is that you need to post in this topic that you want to be the first to test drive the 2010 Camaro. The opportunity to test drive the new Camaro will be decided by raffle drawing.

To add to the excitement, there will be some classic Camaro's from the past on display as well as music and refreshments (See the invite.)

To win you will have to be at least 18 and you'll obviously have to have a drivers license. You will also have to be present to win so plan on being there

We'll be posting more pictures and video as we come up on the unveiling. The 2010 Camaro unveiling really is something special. We're excited about it. Win and you'll have have a story you can tell your grandkids. and if you win you'll be among the first folks to drive this exciting new car. Find out more about the car here.

pubby

Count me in. Would be something else to test drive that machine