Paulding.com

Bad Wreck at Poplar Springs and GA 120 Saturday night

UPDATE on the accident: Direct from Officer Dana Pierce of the Cobb PD:

First, there was no fatality. The accident occurred 9:20 pm when Patrick Jones, 39, of Cobb County was driving southbound on Holland Road just a few hundred yards east of the Paulding county line. He was attempting to turn his 2005 Honda Odyssey east bound onto GA 120 when he was struck in the door by a 1999 Ford F-150 truck driven by Adan Sanchez-Menera, 21, a resident of Roswell. Mr. Sanchez-Menera who was traveling west bound on GA 120 with a passenger.

Most seriously injured was Mr. Jones who was taken by air-ambulance in serious condition to Atlanta Medical Center. Two youths in Mr. Jones van who incidentally were properly strapped in were also injured and carried to Kennestone Hospital with non-life threatening injuries as was Mr. Sanchez-Menera. A passenger in Mr. Sanchez-Menera's truck left the scene of the accident prior to the arrival of authorities and remains unidentified.

Mr. Sanchez-Menera was charged with driving without a license. Other charges are pending and the investigation into the event continues. Anyone with information regarding this accident or the unidentified person who fled from Mr. Sanches-Manera's truck are asked to call Cobb STEP at 770-499 3987

pubby

Well, if Mr. Sanchez is not legal---Cobb County will have him shipped to Columbus awaiting deportation back to Mexico. Any illegal person caught doing anything is being sent back--pretty much immediately now.

First, there was no fatality. The accident occurred 9:20 pm when Patrick Jones, 39, of Cobb County was driving southbound on Holland Road just a few hundred yards east of the Paulding county line. He was attempting to turn his 2005 Honda Odyssey east bound onto GA 120 when he was struck in the door by a 1999 Ford F-150 truck driven by Adan Sanchez-Menera, 21, a resident of Roswell. Mr. Sanchez-Menera who was traveling west bound on GA 120 with a passenger.

Most seriously injured was Mr. Jones who was taken by air-ambulance in serious condition to Atlanta Medical Center. Two youths in Mr. Jones van who incidentally were properly strapped in were also injured and carried to Kennestone Hospital with non-life threatening injuries as was Mr. Sanchez-Menera. A passenger in Mr. Sanchez-Menera's truck left the scene of the accident prior to the arrival of authorities and remains unidentified.

Mr. Sanchez-Menera was charged with driving without a license. Other charges are pending and the investigation into the event continues. Anyone with information regarding this accident or the unidentified person who fled from Mr. Sanches-Manera's truck are asked to call Cobb STEP at 770-499 3987

pubby

Hmmm...sounds like an illegal to me.

Well, if Mr. Sanchez is not legal---Cobb County will have him shipped to Columbus awaiting deportation back to Mexico. Any illegal person caught doing anything is being sent back--pretty much immediately now.

THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, AND BARRED FROM COMING BACK, EVER!!! BUILD A 12' BRICK WALL, I TELL YA!!!!!

pubby

So glad to hear Mr. Jones has survived. Even though Paulding dispatched our deputy to help Cobb with a "fatality," I thought it was strange that I never heard them say on the Cobb frequency that he had died. The radio traffic was broken at times, though. They did give the wife's name and phone number and asked the dispatcher to find her to help with the children. They had minor injuries, but the father was unconscious. I told my husband that I couldn't imagine getting that phone call.

So did Cobb County not check to see if he was illegal or did they drop the ball....again.

Or maybe it wasn't political correct to look into his status further.

It looks like the guy who turned left in front of the guy with no license. The guy who was life flighted... .not the 'illegal' ??

Where did that come from? 'illegal' ?? He was DRIVING illegally....but are we sure HE was illegal?

I don't figure they are sure ... or at least the PIO was not informed of that aspect.

What I do know is tha that Cobb has a contingent that works very closely with ICE ... and if immigration is an issue, it will be explored.

pubby