Paulding.com

What the heck is going on? Awoken by multiple rapid fire gunshots in the Carrington Chase Subdivision....Pace drive I think...Now Paulding county sheriffs searching woods behind our house, lots of cop cars everywhere....it all happened about a half hour ago...Lots of people in one house screaming and fighting...

I can't get it to play. It says 98% loaded and then restarts.

I just got back to it.

I figure if it is this bad, the PCSO would also be involved.

Why not?

Not sure. They used to but haven't for awhile now.

Heard from a resident that it sounded like 40plus shots fired from maybe 4 different weapons. People running and tires squealing before the police arrived.

Sounds like some thug bangers.

Started as a 10-16 (fight) caller said too many people to count..Big crowd

then reports of people leaving

then calls of people screaming and shooting ....semi automatic

reports of fight still going on

Police reported several cars leaving sub. when they were arriving

Something about house at end of Pace Road

people running

someone reporting that someone got out of a car and ran through their back yard

I hope they figure out what happened and get those that need to be in custody. Those in that area are prob on pins and needles, I know I would be.

But, in my vast experience with thug parties (um, none) party, gunshots, and cops, never has a real good ending.

I happen to live around the corner from where they live. I hearn several shots, people screaming and folks scrambling like an antbed on fire. They had been really loud for quite some time. I was in the bedroom with TV on and my dogs in the bedroom started barking. I called 911 but I think they had already been called. I could hear the screaming before I opened the door. The folks in that house have been trouble ever since they moved in. I hope they will have to move. This a normally a quiet subdivision and I hate this stuff.

Please if anyone has any info, please tell what you know. I'm still scared even though the cops have been gone about 30 minutes.

I bet you are scared, I would be terrified. I have some "bad" neighbors like that, really just their kids, but it has been a pain since they moved here, so I understand that.

Get some sleep Sooch, I hope everything is over and it will be a quiet rest of the night.

I happen to live around the corner from where they live. I hearn several shots, people screaming and folks scrambling like an antbed on fire. They had been really loud for quite some time. I was in the bedroom with TV on and my dogs in the bedroom started barking. I called 911 but I think they had already been called. I could hear the screaming before I opened the door. The folks in that house have been trouble ever since they moved in. I hope they will have to move. This a normally a quiet subdivision and I hate this stuff.

Please if anyone has any info, please tell what you know. I'm still scared even though the cops have been gone about 30 minutes.

They renters?

I bet you are scared, I would be terrified. I have some "bad" neighbors like that, really just their kids, but it has been a pain since they moved here, so I understand that.

Get some sleep Sooch, I hope everything is over and it will be a quiet rest of the night.

Thanks Ash. I just can't go to sleep. I thought I saw someone going around with a flashlight but now that I know that someone ran in the subdivision, I'm hearing all kinds of sounds. Actually when the police came I was standing on my back porch and thought I heard someone in the yard next door. Damn, I hope it wasn't anyone.

Thanks Ash. I just can't go to sleep. I thought I saw someone going around with a flashlight but now that I know that someone ran in the subdivision, I'm hearing all kinds of sounds. Actually when the police came I was standing on my back porch and thought I heard someone in the yard next door. Damn, I hope it wasn't anyone.

I tell ya, this is getting out of hand and it is just the start of spring.

You know, when I was a teen, I was not OUT at 2am.

I just looked outside and saw 3 teens coming through from Barlett Sq. through our community walking passed my house.

Yep PT these are renters. They walk this subdivision day and night. You'd think as many times as the cops have been called to this house, someone would be in jail. I'm assuming that no one got hurt as I never heard an ambulance. Maybe they will just kill each other off next time. Most of us that have lived in this subdivision over 20 years and know each other well. It is too bad when you get one screwed up bunch of heatherns and they disturb the who area. Maybe the owner of the house will make them move.

Yep PT these are renters. They walk this subdivision day and night. You'd think as many times as the cops have been called to this house, someone would be in jail. I'm assuming that no one got hurt as I never heard an ambulance. kill Maybe they will just each other off next time. Most of us that have lived in this subdivision over 20 years and know each other well. It is too bad when you get one screwed up bunch of heatherns and they disturb the who area. Maybe the owner of the house will make them move.

That was my thought exactly. I'd even supply the ammo, although from the sound of it there was plenty to go around. Too bad they were such rotten shots!

Yep PT these are renters. They walk this subdivision day and night. You'd think as many times as the cops have been called to this house, someone would be in jail. I'm assuming that no one got hurt as I never heard an ambulance. Maybe they will just kill each other off next time. Most of us that have lived in this subdivision over 20 years and know each other well. It is too bad when you get one screwed up bunch of heatherns and they disturb the who area. Maybe the owner of the house will make them move.

Sooch,

What is the address or where is the exact location of the house? I live in the neighborhood as well, and I was NOT about to step out of my house to see what was going on. My husband said it looked like it was down Pace Rd. past the dip in the road between the two stop signs, but I'd like to know which house exactly. Still I find nothing on the news anywhere about it and didn't see or hear any ambulances last night, so maybe nobody was injured or killed. I heard the shots, too, and was up later than I would have liked, but the neighborhood seemed to have cops all over the place. My husband kept wanting to go outside and see what was going on; I wanted to lock the doors and hide... Does anyone know if they caught the shooter and if the shooter is among the people living in the neighborhood?

Sooch,

What is the address or where is the exact location of the house? I live in the neighborhood as well, and I was NOT about to step out of my house to see what was going on. My husband said it looked like it was down Pace Rd. past the dip in the road between the two stop signs, but I'd like to know which house exactly. Still I find nothing on the news anywhere about it and didn't see or hear any ambulances last night, so maybe nobody was injured or killed. I heard the shots, too, and was up later than I would have liked, but the neighborhood seemed to have cops all over the place. My husband kept wanting to go outside and see what was going on; I wanted to lock the doors and hide... Does anyone know if they caught the shooter and if the shooter is among the people living in the neighborhood?

The house is actually on the circle straight through the intersection. I don't think they caught anybody, at least not from their foot search. One of the first cars to leave was a chevy caprice at a very high rate of speed.

Wow! It sounds like the scanner broke loose right after I turned it off last night. I heard the initial call out to Carrington Chase. The complainant called to say that 20-25 cars were blocking driveways and a fire hydrant.

Turned out to be much more than that!

Sooch,

If you are on Pace Drive, if you didn't turn at the circle, you'd drive right into the house. I guess you could say Pace Drive dead ends in their front yard. The neighbors on either side and also across the street from these idiots are great neighbors. Too bad we have to get such thugs in the middle of our neighborhood I just talked to the guy that lives next door. They only arrested one guy for disorderly conduct. They said they couldn't arrest the lady that lives in the house cause all the happenings were outside the house. What a crock is that? He said the shots were initiated by a drive by person and he took off. The neighbor is going to find out who owns the house and see what has to be done(if anything) to get their arse out. Next time they start their loud goings on I'm calling the law before this crap gets out of hand again. This is NOT the first time the cops have been to this house.

If you are on Pace Drive, if you didn't turn at the circle, you'd drive right into the house. I guess you could say Pace Drive dead ends in their front yard. The neighbors on either side and also across the street from these idiots are great neighbors. Too bad we have to get such thugs in the middle of our neighborhood I just talked to the guy that lives next door. They only arrested one guy for disorderly conduct. They said they couldn't arrest the lady that lives in the house cause all the happenings were outside the house. What a crock is that? He said the shots were initiated by a drive by person and he took off. The neighbor is going to find out who owns the house and see what has to be done(if anything) to get their arse out. Next time they start their loud goings on I'm calling the law before this crap gets out of hand again. This is NOT the first time the cops have been to this house.

You need to find out who owns that home and contact them to demand eviction. The owners can be held liable.

You should be able to look up the owner on paulding.gov, the tax area. I can look it up for you if you PM me the address.

Edited by PraiseThee

My dad's is the house right next door, he said he woke up to two kids laying face down in his front yard--maybe ducking to avoid the shots because he heard six shots fired when he opened the door. Ridiculous! I am thankful to God my family is safe.

maybe have everyone in the neighborhood sign a petition and present it to the owner. You can't force him to evict them, but maybe if he sees how many people are upset, he'll do something about it.

maybe have everyone in the neighborhood sign a petition and present it to the owner. You can't force him to evict them, but maybe if he sees how many people are upset, he'll do something about it.

Several of us are working to see what can legally be done. In the meantime, every time they get loud, I'm calling the cops.

Hey Juneborn, I'm the one who was all time giving Toby treats. His foot prints are in my sidewalk. Good to see you on here. I just talked to your dad. I'm trying to get some info for him. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling really soon. I'm assuming you are the girlchild. How's married life? Hope everything is going great for you and the Hubby!

I loved Toby, R.I.P. :) The best dog in the whole world. Yes, i am the girl child. :) Married life is wonderful. :)

PS- we used paulding.gov and searched the property address. Now we know the owner's name and can get the ball-a-rollin'. :)

Edited by juneborn

Years ago, while living in the town of Marietta; I wake up to cop cars out front and police running thru my yard with flashlights. So, I am like scared! I am crawling on the freaking floor and call the police dept. - What is going on, I say??? - and they say - well, we are not at liberty to tell you that information????

Hello!!!!!!!!!!! It's my yard and I am crawling on the floor??????????????