Paulding.com

We were almost rear-ended by PCSD chasing a small black Chevrolet on Hwy 92 in Hiram about 11. Two units were in pursuit of the car, which tried to make a turn onto Williams Lake Road. They missed the turn and went down an embankment on the other side of the intersection. We were turning there as well to pick up my daughter, and saw two young kids get out of the car with their hands up. They were lying on the ground when we came back through, and HIram Police had arrived. We were stopped and told one person in the car had escaped in the woods adjacent to Dobbins Middle School. They are looking for a black male wearing a white T-shirt. As far as we know, he hasn't been caught. The police were patrolling the school parking lot, though.

Suspect was let in to a home to use the phone,he is now in custody.

HB

Glad to hear it. Don't think they were armed and dangerous - looked like young kids, but my daughter's friends were alone at home across the street from the school.

Gee, and spring break has only just begun!

Yeah, they're off to a REAL good start. <_< I don't know what they were up to, but the muffler was dragging under the car when he passed us. They went down the hill going pretty fast. They're just lucky they lived to get out of the car.