Paulding.com

New Hope Cemetery to get new flags

The New Hope Church Cemetary will get new United States flags at 5 p.m. Thursday in a ceremony involving the Hiram High Jr. ROTC.

The cemetery, home to soldiers from the Civil War and more recent wars, will have its existing flags struck and new flags flown in a full demonstration including the playing of taps.

The ceremony is open to the public.

If I had the time, I'd try to coordinate a gardening project with who ever is responsible for that old cemetery. Someone just needs to buy that land in front of it and tear that nasty old cabinet building down and put something else in it's place.

If I had the time, I'd try to coordinate a gardening project with who ever is responsible for that old cemetery. Someone just needs to buy that land in front of it and tear that nasty old cabinet building down and put something else in it's place.

I agree! A few years ago put a wrecked car there with a message hoping to save lives.

The people from the cemetery were not very happy they said it implied that the people

all died from a car accident when the reality of it was that is a very busy intersection.

I have been to a couple of these ceremonies and they TRULY touch your :wub: :wub: :wub:

If you have children it is (IMO) a great thing for them to witness. It instills just how proud we should

be about the American flag.