Paulding.com

My very first drawing of a horse.

Guest Oscar

Oscar i just love your work. You used your talent to create a sense of harmony in the way the hair just flows and the curving of the features.The shading is great. Excellent.You just keep getting better and better. :D

Had to go back and take another look. I just can't get over how you capture the eyes and are able to draw them in such detail. I love it..If you look close. You can almost feel like you see the spirit inside.

You are right, they are very different. Sleek hair as opposed to textured, bone structure and muscles. I'm wondering if RM would have me out to her ranch so I could take a closer look (and high digital photos) for future reference.

Thanks for the comments guys. :blush: I'm open to suggestion on how I can improve my work ... seriously.

You are welcome out here anytime, just let me know!

Oscar, the picture is just beautiful. It isn't easy to capture the eye of a horse but you have done a wonderful job. We have 9 horses here at our farm in New Hope. You are welcome to visit anytime. I have an older QH mare and her two daughters that I would love to get a picture of together. It's been difficult to get a really good group photo.

Thank you so much for the picture! The Mrs. hung it up in the master so it's the first thing she'll see when she wakes up. Guess that puts me second now. hehe. Beautiful work! :D

Thank you! It was great meeting her today! :)

Oscar, the picture is just beautiful. It isn't easy to capture the eye of a horse but you have done a wonderful job. We have 9 horses here at our farm in New Hope. You are welcome to visit anytime. I have an older QH mare and her two daughters that I would love to get a picture of together. It's been difficult to get a really good group photo.

If you can get decent head shots of all three, I can combine them into one picture. You need to either get pics of the same side of their profile or same of frontal. :)