Paulding.com

My very first drawing of a horse.

Guest Oscar

I have never drawn horses before, but like I've said before ... I can draw any animal straight from a picture.

I would like to draw more horses in the future, but I will need to get up close to a real one to understand the details of the face (direction of hair, long hair from the chin/snout, etc). With time comes experience and perfection in my craft.

This is for jeditreerat ... a thank you for the OODLES of legos he gave me for free. :yahoo:

horseportrait2PCOM-1.jpg

I have never drawn horses before, but like I've said before ... I can draw any animal straight from a picture.

I would like to draw more horses in the future, but I will need to get up close to a real one to understand the details of the face (direction of hair, long hair from the chin/snout, etc). With time comes experience and perfection in my craft.

This is for jeditreerat ... a thank you for the OODLES of legos he gave me for free. :yahoo:

horseportrait2PCOM.jpg

Beautiful job! :)

You know I was wondering about you doing horses. I almost ask you to do one for RM for Christmas. They are so different from other pets that I was not sure if you did them. If that is your frist then wow great job. Not only the hair but the muscle tone is so different.

You know I was wondering about you doing horses. I almost ask you to do one for RM for Christmas. They are so different from other pets that I was not sure if you did them. If that is your frist then wow great job. Not only the hair but the muscle tone is so different.

You are right, they are very different. Sleek hair as opposed to textured, bone structure and muscles. I'm wondering if RM would have me out to her ranch so I could take a closer look (and high digital photos) for future reference.

Thanks for the comments guys. :blush: I'm open to suggestion on how I can improve my work ... seriously.

horseportrait2PCOM-1.jpg

WOW!!!!!!

I can offer 5 beautiful ones to choose from as well !!! Right in New Hope -

You are welcome to go hang out and draw anytime !! well - right now they are muddy and it is way to cold - but the offer is there !

I might take you up on your offer. :) Thank you!

Okay horse people, so tell me something. The long hair on the snout .... where is the point(s) of origin? It wasn't on the actual picture, but on other pics I found on the internet. Unfortunately the pics aren't close enough for me to SEE it on the horse (only in the background.)

My first thought when I saw the thread! Great minds and all!!!

Oscar- you are just AMAZINGLY talented!!!!

Okay horse people, so tell me something. The long hair on the snout .... where is the point(s) of origin? It wasn't on the actual picture, but on other pics I found on the internet. Unfortunately the pics aren't close enough for me to SEE it on the horse (only in the background.)

Answer to my own question. :lol:

Horse_snout.jpg

horseportrait2PCOM-1.jpg

That's so Beautiful!