Paulding.com

RIP - Jeanette "Bri" Lopez

My son went to school with Bri but he is in 7th grade and did not really know her. My heart goes out to this family. I would like to see some post of what happended to Bri to squash rumors that are going around the school and educate the families of Paulding County on this tragedy. The family does not owe us this but it sure would assist in leaving a wonderful legacy behind for this little girl that obviously meant so much to so many. RIP young angel........you never know what impact this child has left behind.

My son went to school with Bri but he is in 7th grade and did not really know her. My heart goes out to this family. I would like to see some post of what happended to Bri to squash rumors that are going around the school and educate the families of Paulding County on this tragedy. The family does not owe us this but it sure would assist in leaving a wonderful legacy behind for this little girl that obviously meant so much to so many. RIP young angel........you never know what impact this child has left behind.

I hope this does not come across as being rude. I think that the people that are close to Bri, family, close friends, relatives etc. know the situation. Whether the reason was sickness, accident, or whatever the case may be it shouldn't really matter, the outcome is still the same. A young 12 year girl is gone from this Earth. I don't know Bri, but from what I have read she was a special little girl and will be missed by many people. This would be a good time for you to teach your child that rumors are just that, rumors. Some rumors are true and many rumors are false but rumors hurt people. I think this is a good lesson for all people to learn. When somebody is hurt I think it is human nature to want to "rubber neck" and get all the details to a story. But when it comes down to it, it is not anyone's business as to the "what or why's" it happened is all that matters. I think the best way to "squash" rumors as you say is not to allow them to go any further. My thoughts and prayers are with this family, they must be hurting to lose a child so young.

I hope this does not come across as being rude. I think that the people that are close to Bri, family, close friends, relatives etc. know the situation. Whether the reason was sickness, accident, or whatever the case may be it shouldn't really matter, the outcome is still the same. A young 12 year girl is gone from this Earth. I don't know Bri, but from what I have read she was a special little girl and will be missed by many people. This would be a good time for you to teach your child that rumors are just that, rumors. Some rumors are true and many rumors are false but rumors hurt people. I think this is a good lesson for all people to learn. When somebody is hurt I think it is human nature to want to "rubber neck" and get all the details to a story. But when it comes down to it, it is not anyone's business as to the "what or why's" it happened is all that matters. I think the best way to "squash" rumors as you say is not to allow them to go any further. My thoughts and prayers are with this family, they must be hurting to lose a child so young.

No, not rude at all. i understand where you are coming from. I wasn';t trying to rubberneck and wouldn't even be commenting but since my son goes to the same school he naturally has questions about life and death and such. I always tell my children to end rumors where they are when it comes around to them and never to start them. I did end up finding out what happened from a reliable source. Peace be with this family for their loss and thank you for your time as well. I appreciate your time and comments and value other opinions.

No, not rude at all. i understand where you are coming from. I wasn';t trying to rubberneck and wouldn't even be commenting but since my son goes to the same school he naturally has questions about life and death and such. I always tell my children to end rumors where they are when it comes around to them and never to start them. I did end up finding out what happened from a reliable source. Peace be with this family for their loss and thank you for your time as well. I appreciate your time and comments and value other opinions.

Unless the source is the person investigating or a family member/close friend of the family, I wouldn't believe what they say. I say this because there seem to be so many "reliable sources" (like people who's kid is friends with a dad who is a cop who is friends with another cop....blah blah) whose "facts" couldn't be farther from the truth. Its the whole third & fourth party info thing. I'm not trying to sound rude but I'm tired of the rumors. Bri doesn't deserve to have such rubbish said about her especially after her death.

As far as what happened, I'm not sure but last I was told it was still being investigated. All I know is what I've been told by her family members and I will not post those details. What difference does it make if you know where, how, when and with what. I wish I didn't know, I can't look at her picture without crying. I will say though that middle school is hard on the kids.....more demands, meeting new people.....at a time when the kids are going through changes and are most vulnerable. You really don't know what can cause damage to a childs well being. Anything from being bullied, getting in trouble at school, a loss of a friend....anything we see as small and silly could be the end of the world to them. I encourage all parents to sit down and talk with their kids and be sure they know that they can come to you. Also offer them other people to go to and talk if they are ever in need or feel alone. Remind them that a bad grade or trouble at school isn't the end of the world.

Unless the source is the person investigating or a family member/close friend of the family, I wouldn't believe what they say. I say this because there seem to be so many "reliable sources" (like people who's kid is friends with a dad who is a cop who is friends with another cop....blah blah) whose "facts" couldn't be farther from the truth. Its the whole third & fourth party info thing. I'm not trying to sound rude but I'm tired of the rumors. Bri doesn't deserve to have such rubbish said about her especially after her death.

As far as what happened, I'm not sure but last I was told it was still being investigated. All I know is what I've been told by her family members and I will not post those details. What difference does it make if you know where, how, when and with what. I wish I didn't know, I can't look at her picture without crying. I will say though that middle school is hard on the kids.....more demands, meeting new people.....at a time when the kids are going through changes and are most vulnerable. You really don't know what can cause damage to a childs well being. Anything from being bullied, getting in trouble at school, a loss of a friend....anything we see as small and silly could be the end of the world to them. I encourage all parents to sit down and talk with their kids and be sure they know that they can come to you. Also offer them other people to go to and talk if they are ever in need or feel alone. Remind them that a bad grade or trouble at school isn't the end of the world.

you don't sound rude at all. I did hear from someone close to the case and I also won't share on here. I wasn't asking for those details anyway, just the basics because my son was asking me questions. He lost a friend this week in Temple, GA..same age 12 and similiar tragedy but a boy. Just alot to hit at one time. I agree with you as well about how hard middle school can be. I would add that we need teachers to also be aware of how fragile this age is and all of the things they go through and to join with the parents in communicating concerns. Again, my child attends this school so he has questions about the situation and I wanted to leave him with a positive note about Bri Lopez and I have. If we can learn a lesson from a tragedy I think we should.

you don't sound rude at all. I did hear from someone close to the case and I also won't share on here. I wasn't asking for those details anyway, just the basics because my son was asking me questions. He lost a friend this week in Temple, GA..same age 12 and similiar tragedy but a boy. Just alot to hit at one time. I agree with you as well about how hard middle school can be. I would add that we need teachers to also be aware of how fragile this age is and all of the things they go through and to join with the parents in communicating concerns. Again, my child attends this school so he has questions about the situation and I wanted to leave him with a positive note about Bri Lopez and I have. If we can learn a lesson from a tragedy I think we should.

I think that is a fantastic point also!!!

I just want to post my condolences for this loss and my prayers are with her family. My lil brother was friends with her and had nothing but good to say about her. He went to the funeral and while talking to her mother, found out that Bri had talked about him at some point and he will miss her very much.

Prayers said for this sweet angel's family!

Still praying for Bri's family and anyone who knew her.

My daughter went to the memorial service as well, and I really hope that having other kids there helped Bri's family understand that she will be missed by many!!

I cannot imagine having to deal with what this family is going through.....please keep praying for them!!

:wub:

Still in my thoughts & prayers......

I think of her often, even though I didnt know her. I say a prayer for her that she is at peace and I pray for her parents, I cant image the pain they are going through. I pray that God will give them the courage and strength they will need.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...