Paulding.com

Thank you for all the love

Thank you for every prayer and word of encouragement during my Mothers fight with brain cancer. She passed away this past Saturday morning surrounded by my Dad, my brother and me. As I gave her one last kiss on her forehead and told her how much we love her, she slipped from her cancer-ridden and frail earthly body into her sweet Eternal Home which she has longed for for 72 years.

I already miss her so much. I miss her laugh, calling her late at night while knowing she was a night owl and would be up too, hearing her pray, her usual pretty dresses, jewelery and heels, watching her play the organ or act silly with my son. But, I celebrate her arrival to a place where there is no sickness, no tears and no goodbyes. She is there with so many others who love her and whom she missed for so long.

Until the sweet day that we meet again, I will miss her so but will cling to the promise I made to her hours before she slipped away. And that was to be more like her everyday.

She was so loved and we were OVERWHELMED by the turnout at the viewing and the funeral. There were literally HUNDREDS of people there both days. I think some stood in line to give me their condolences for over an hour. I heard story after story that I had never heard before about how generous she was and how many people called on her to pray for them and members of their family. They all said they could count on her to really pray(I know this to be true myself). They said she would always ask them how everything was every single time she saw them and would celebrate with them when good things would come and cry with them when the time was right. I was not surprised as every story completely fit the Mother I knew, but how wonderful to hear them from so many others.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful funeral either. It was perfect. Our Pastor REALLY knew her and had her pegged COMPLETELY. It was not a sad service but one of awe and gratitude to a wonderful lady who was always a 'lady' who had a servants heart but avoided any attention or recognition.

She has now received her eternal reward for every floor she mopped for an elderly shut-in, every doctors visit she drove them to, every bag of food she secretly delivered to a needy family, every anonymous gift of money she slid under someones door.

What she had was unconditional love and always gave unconditional acceptance. Did she always agree or condone the lifestyle or the many bad choices of an addict or a prostitute she helped? No, and they knew it. But she did it in such a way that was not judgmental or prideful but accepting of the person in need...the heart, soul and spirit of the person, not the lifestyle itself.

I'll miss you sweet Mommy, but you live on through me. We will meet again one day. Until then, rest well and laugh alot. You are the most beautiful Mother in every way. :wub:

MDJ obituary linkfay.jpg

Your tribute brought tears to my eyes.

You are such a lucky girl to have had such a wonderful mother!

I know you will miss her dearly, but I also know the joy of our loved ones having moved on to another place in time, a place with no sorrow and no tears.

God bless you and your family.

:wub:

My grandmother has been gone 20 years and I think of her everyday, and smile.

My Dad just posted this on her Cb page. It is so sweet, I thought I'd share it with you...

"After all the messages, notes, cards and visits I is MY time to express myself. Everything I have read about Fay is true as she would prefer to assist someone rather than do something for herself We had 48 excellent years together, two fine children and three grandsons. Those boys were very special to her.

Now we have released her into the arms of her God of which she has yearned for years, She now has beaten cancer and has a new body, meeting those who had gone prior and singing praises to God,

Rest well 'Sunshine' and have a place prepared as we will all be together one day.....Noting left to say but a simple 'I Love You.'"

Gene aka Papa

May God give you the peace and memories you need to get through this trying time..

reading the CareBridge pages when there was an update touched my heart...

your mom touched so many lives, she was a true Lady and a fighter...

May God be with you...

I had just read your dad's up date when you posted it... His soul mate is home now... and my prayers will be with him...

My prayers continue to be with you, Laura, and your family as you journey through the next few months. I didn't know your mom (other than by the stories you've shared,) but I feel as though I do. You are already a shining example of the best of her (and your dad.)

Thank you for sharing the journey of your past months with us. It has touched me more than you will ever know.

AGG -- I, along with several others here on P.com, have experienced what you've experienced this week, in losing a parent.

It is most certainly tough......I wish there were words to express, that would make your road, easier to travel.

Do be kind to yourself.....be there for your brother, and for your dad.....

My dad passed away in 1986, at the tender age of 49.......though he is still very much missed, Dad is still very much in my heart, likewise, in my brother's heart, Mom's heart, and the rest of our extended family.

Time is a healer -- give yourself time......just give yourself one day at a time......one hour at a time......

Your Mom will always be your Mom -- Today, she is looking upon you, from the Heavens, and she will always be with you, by your side -- you may not see her, but, she will always be there.....by your side.....

Your words are a beatutiful testomony to your mom. Your dad's words brought tears to my eyes.

What you are going through is one of the toughest times of your life.

If you are interested, DFUMC is having a healing service for those of us that have lost loved ones this past year and are having a hard time getting through the holidays. The service is Sun. 12/21 at 6pm.

Prayers will be with you and your family as you learn a new normal and morn your mom.

This brought tears to my eyes, what a wonderful woman to have left such an awesome legacy to her children and those who knew her. Sounds like her Homegoing Celebration was wonderful and knowing that you have an eterenity with her will bring you more peace than you can imagine. God Bless you AGG- let me know if you ever need someone to sit around and listen to The Gaithers or the The Goodmans with- (I'll even break out the white keds). God Bless.

Wow, your dad's comments brought a tear to my eye. The funeral was absolutely beautiful
Thank you for being there. You looked great, by the way...I was thinking about you when I finally got home and realized I didn't even say it but I was thinking it :D .

Love you...

Thank you for being there. You looked great, by the way...I was thinking about you when I finally got home and realized I didn't even say it but I was thinking it :D .

Love you...

Love you too girl!! Thanks for the compliment! I can't think of any other funeral that I have been to that the deceased wanted someone else honored. That was cool of your mom. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. Love ya!

This brought tears to my eyes, what a wonderful woman to have left such an awesome legacy to her children and those who knew her. Sounds like her Homegoing Celebration was wonderful and knowing that you have an eterenity with her will bring you more peace than you can imagine. God Bless you AGG- let me know if you ever need someone to sit around and listen to The Gaithers or the The Goodmans with- (I'll even break out the white keds). God Bless.
Thanks to everybody for the thoughts and love :wub: .

And, yeah, GoBama...I can't bear to listen to them yet but I will soon. Bring the Keds ;) .

Love you too girl!! Thanks for the compliment! I can't think of any other funeral that I have been to that the deceased wanted someone else honored. That was cool of your mom. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. Love ya!
That's what she wanted and I thought it was great too. She would have crawled under something from embarrassment from all the attention though :D .

We are really doing better than any of us expected. When we get really sad, we just remember where she is. And, there is a real sense of relief that is a comfort also.

And, yeah, GoBama...I can't bear to listen to them yet but I will soon. Bring the Keds ;) .

You just let me know girl- I'm there. I might even do my hair in a bun- the money for the bobbie pins to hold it up will be worth it. I posted a couple for you in a thread in case you didn't see them. :wub: and lots of hugs.

Your Mom was a great lady and I have alot of great memories and stories. It was such a privileage to be at her Homecoming celebration and an honor that she would think to honor Me and Chip on the day that should have been all about her. That was Fay though and Laura you are right she would have been embarassed by all the attention given to her.

I miss my Grandmother every day but just like your Mom I know she is in Heaven and we will see her again. I bet your Mom is up there right now telling stories and making the angels laugh.

I love you and am there for you anytime you need me.

Love,

Andy

Laura,

I called your Dad the other day to see if he needed anything and he sounds really good! He's such a sweet man! I may make him a good dinner when I get back from NJ!