Paulding.com

Have You Ever Heard of This

We had a woman come to our door, told us she was in the area to inform people of their product and handed me a can of air freshner as a gift (said it was a gift) along with a printed hand out. She mentioned a cleaning brand I had never heard of and I said we didn't need any. She said let me get it for you and show you whereas she immediately went ot her car/van and brought back a box with the name 'Kirby' on it. I said thanks anyway but we aren't interested and said have a nice day and closed the door.

This is the kicker. She asked if I thought our neighbor would be interested in a free gift and demo and I said go ask them. She stood there a minute and I asked what else did she want. SHE WANTED THE FREE GIFT BACK and printed hand out. Can you believe it. I gave her the gift and thoroughly admonished her and told her how unethical it was and would report her and slammed the door. I didn't give her the printed hand out. I called the number and told them and they said, oh sorry it won't happen again. I said well then get the woman to bring me back the gift. Want to bet she will? Ha. This happened in a subdivision off Old Cartersville Hwy. My wife was busy is why I answered the door. She said she wouldn't have given the gift back.

Ha, I know what you mean. A couple months ago I was tailgating with friends before a concert at Lakewood Amphitheatre and a guy walks up with a bag. He passed out hats to everybody and let us put it on and get it comfortable, the whole time telling jokes, picking on folks, making everybody laugh. Then, he goes on to say he is trying to raise money for something (I don't remember what it was now) and asks for a $10 "donation" per hat. The hats were nice and well worth $10, but I just gave the hat back because I did not like his ethics of passing something out as a free gift and then asking you to pay for it.

We had a woman come to our door, told us she was in the area to inform people of their product and handed me a can of air freshner as a gift (said it was a gift) along with a printed hand out. She mentioned a cleaning brand I had never heard of and I said we didn't need any. She said let me get it for you and show you whereas she immediately went ot her car/van and brought back a box with the name 'Kirby' on it. I said thanks anyway but we aren't interested and said have a nice day and closed the door.

This is the kicker. She asked if I thought our neighbor would be interested in a free gift and demo and I said go ask them. She stood there a minute and I asked what else did she want. SHE WANTED THE FREE GIFT BACK and printed hand out. Can you believe it. I gave her the gift and thoroughly admonished her and told her how unethical it was and would report her and slammed the door. I didn't give her the printed hand out. I called the number and told them and they said, oh sorry it won't happen again. I said well then get the woman to bring me back the gift. Want to bet she will? Ha. This happened in a subdivision off Old Cartersville Hwy. My wife was busy is why I answered the door. She said she wouldn't have given the gift back.

I had something similar like this happen except the sales person told me that if I allowed them to demonstrate

their cleaning product they would give me a FREE can of air freshener. I asked how much time will this take?

10 to 15 minutes was their answer and I proceeded to tell them I was not interested. Never did they put a FREE

can of air freshener in my hand or else I would have kept it! :p

I had something similar like this happen except the sales person told me that if I allowed them to demonstrate

their cleaning product they would give me a FREE can of air freshener. I asked how much time will this take?

10 to 15 minutes was their answer and I proceeded to tell them I was not interested. Never did they put a FREE

can of air freshener in my hand or else I would have kept it! :p

LOL

My friend was told the same thing. She allowed them to come in. They were there well over 2 hours!!!!!

the worst job i ever had in my life... selling Kirby's in college in West Texas.. holy smokes. I didn't think they still did the 'door to door' thing, giving away crap! good gosh. 25 yrs ago, i was a scared 19 yr old.. now, i'd be like.. GIMME THE KIRBY! :lol:

the worst job i ever had in my life... selling Kirby's in college in West Texas.. holy smokes. I didn't think they still did the 'door to door' thing, giving away crap! good gosh. 25 yrs ago, i was a scared 19 yr old.. now, i'd be like.. GIMME THE KIRBY! :lol:

UHHH KIRBY..We let one of them in our house about 9 years ago..He would not leave..Finally 2 1/2 hours later and at 9PM at night..I told him I was taking a shower and getting ready for bed..He still didn't leave..I left him with HUBBY and finally he was gone when I was done showering :wacko:

I used to have a Kirby. I can’t tell you how many times I stubbed my toe on that thing! They’re so heavy. I swear, if someone broke in your house, you could use the Kirby as a weapon and push it down the stairs and it would immobilize them!!!!

A year or so ago, I had a van full of Kirby sales people come to my door that would not take NO for an answer. I had to finally just shut the door. They yelled obscenities at me and went on to the next house.

Needless to say, I’m the proud owner of a Dyson :wub: and consider it my 4th child :wub: .