Paulding.com

In Memory Of My Best Friend

December 18,1961 - 11-04-2007.

One year ago today- I found my very best friend dead in her home, she was a wonderful person and I am so blessed to have known her.

Nancy- I miss you. I was so blessed to have known you. My life was made better because of the person that you were, I learned alot about what it means to be a true friend from you. It seems like there should be no more tears because it's already been a year but then on the other hand the tears won't stop some days because it's only been a year. I miss you friend but I know that I will see you again in the sweet by and by.

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." ~ Eskimo Legend

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." ~ Eskimo Legend

~wow what an awesome sentence~~

You were Blessed to have her as a friend, and she was also Blessed to have you as her friend...

I hope you can laugh about happy memories that you have with your precious friend...

Oh wow...I can't believe it's been a year. :(

She was a wonderful woman, 'Bama. I smile and think of her everytime I crochet - she taught me most of the stitches I know.

Yep- me too. That made me laugh and cry at the same time. She taught me how to crochet when I had my surgery last year (actually didn't give me a choice in the matter) which was a good thing because when she died I was able to finish the blanket that she had started for her mom's Christmas present. I gave that blanket to her mom a couple of weeks before Christmas and then her mom passed away the first part of Jan. and she took that blanket to the hospital with her.

Yep- me too. That made me laugh and cry at the same time. She taught me how to crochet when I had my surgery last year (actually didn't give me a choice in the matter) which was a good thing because when she died I was able to finish the blanket that she had started for her mom's Christmas present. I gave that blanket to her mom a couple of weeks before Christmas and then her mom passed away the first part of Jan. and she took that blanket to the hospital with her.

She didn't give me a choice in the matter either. :nea: :lol: :wub:

God bless you. It's so hard to lose a best friend. I lost mine 8 years ago. She was 30 and died from a very agressive form of cancer. She left behind a husband, a 14 month old son and a 3 year old little girl. And many, many people like me whose lives were forever (and for the better) changed just because we knew her.

It's been a long road. Only now, am I beginning to open up and allow that part of my heart to love again. I've found myself very closed off when it comes to true friendship. December 12th will be the 8th anniversary of her passing. It doesn't get any easier.

My heart goes out to you!

God bless you. It's so hard to lose a best friend. I lost mine 8 years ago. She was 30 and died from a very agressive form of cancer. She left behind a husband, a 14 month old son and a 3 year old little girl. And many, many people like me whose lives were forever (and for the better) changed just because we knew her.

It's been a long road. Only now, am I beginning to open up and allow that part of my heart to love again. I've found myself very closed off when it comes to true friendship. December 12th will be the 8th anniversary of her passing. It doesn't get any easier.

My heart goes out to you!

Thank you. It's very hard to talk about- and my husband bless his heart just doesn't understand. She lived right across the street, had a key to my house and I had one to hers. She had seizures and had been under ALOT of stress for about a month before she died. She was at my house everyday of the week except for Sunday- and her daughter (whom I am not allowed to see or talk to) was here everyday but Sunday too. The image and sounds and smells of that day won't go away and are very vivid at the worst times.

That must just be so tough! Keeping you lifted up today in my thoughts and prayers! I lost my best friend and sister 7 years ago and your right, the pain and the vivid memories of that day never go away, but always know they are smiling down on you!

RIP Nancy

doesnt seem like a year has passed ... she was just as blessed to have you in her life as you were to have her in yours Amy ...

keeping you in my thoughts ... :wub:

i just saw your post bout not getting to see Anna .. im so sorry ... i know she loved yall as well ... -_-

Edited by kelwil
RIP Nancy

doesnt seem like a year has passed ... she was just as blessed to have you in her life as you were to have her in yours Amy ... do you keep keep in touch with the rest of her family ? if so how is Anna doing now ?

keeping you in my thoughts ... :wub:

I still talk to her sister a couple of times a week and Anna is doing ok, I guess. She spends as much time as she can with Kay (Nancy's sister) which is good for her. Thanks for the good thoughts.

RIP Nancy. I know this is very hard on you gobama and I am sorry you dont get to see anna. I know she loves you as much as you love her. I also didnt know Nancy's mom had passed away too :( Anna has been through alot, I am glad to read she is doing ok. *hugs*

I almost lost my best friend last November. She had surgery and is left with severe speech problems and alot of other issues with memory. I am so grateful that I still have her. I an so sorry for your loss, Gobana. I can't imagine your sorrow and pain when you found her. I remember the sorrow I felt when I saw my best friend laying there in that coma, not knowing if she would make it.

It seems to me like it has been a really long time since that Sunday when I got the call from a coworker telling me that Nancy had passed away. I guess because it has been a year of going to work without her there.

We all miss Nancy at work. She made everybody laugh every day. Especially with the outrageous t-shirts she'd wear to work. Every morning when I pulled the letters for my route from the letter case where she was working, I'd say "Good morning Fancy Nancy."

I know you still miss your friend GO*BAMA...we were just talking about her the other day! I also can't believe it has been a a year since her passing. I know she is looking down and with you every day. Good friends are hard to come by and are few and far between and you will have her in spirit always.

Big hugs to you my friend! :wub:

Hope to see you soon!

Scarlet

It seems to me like it has been a really long time since that Sunday when I got the call from a coworker telling me that Nancy had passed away. I guess because it has been a year of going to work without her there.

We all miss Nancy at work. She made everybody laugh every day. Especially with the outrageous t-shirts she'd wear to work. Every morning when I pulled the letters for my route from the letter case where she was working, I'd say "Good morning Fancy Nancy."

Yeah- the one that she wore at Christmas time I guess the year before she died that said "Kiss me under the Mistletoe"- well we went to the mall the day before you guys had your party there at the Post Office and she found this head band that had mistletoe on it and she had on her head and I turned around to look at something and she said "Amy, what if I wear it like this?" I turned around and she had that Mistletoe head band stuck through the front two belt loops on her pants. She was just grinning and I was almost rolling on the floor- I laughed until I literally cried and my sides hurt. Good Lord- I miss that woman.

I know you still miss your friend GO*BAMA...we were just talking about her the other day! I also can't believe it has been a a year since her passing. I know she is looking down and with you every day. Good friends are hard to come by and are few and far between and you will have her in spirit always.

Big hugs to you my friend! :wub:

Hope to see you soon!

Scarlet

Thanks Scarlet. :wub: I'll be by one day this week.

my memories of my friend nancy are so many we did so many different things and we usually always ended up laughing about nothing we went shopping concerts out to eat and we went to church too she always had the funniest jokes she came to my son`s wedding and my mother`s funeral we could talk about anything in the world we were born in the same month liked the same colors and liked the same music we had alot in common we have a rabbit at work and it was always at her car so i told her it was hers the other day it was at her little memorial space so it must miss her too!!!! she`ll always remain in my heart and miss anna is doing good the angels are watching over her because she was nancy`s life when she was here i usually think of nancy at certain moments at work or some crazy sitution she would think funny i really miss her and hope to see her again one day " viv "