Paulding.com

Katherine Elizabeth (Liz) Jones

My mom passed away this morning at 5:25 at the Tranquility House in Austell.

She was a loving, caring, and devoted, wife (to my dad for 38 years), mother (to me her only child), mother in law (to my husband of 9 years), and Nanny (to my 2 kids). She was not only my mom, but also my best friend, and the closest person I ever had to a big sister. There were many times, in my youth, that people asked if we were mother/daughter or sisters.

Although I know she is no longer suffering I miss her greatly already.

She had been sick for a very long time with what was thought to be Congestive heart failure. In July of this year the dr.s at Emory diagnosed her with a very rare skin disease, calciphlaxis. She had been sick with this all along and not the congestive heart failure/cellulitis. Yet, at her last dr.'s appt. her heart was only working on 15% capacity.

She died very peacefully in her sleep with her 14 year old grandson by her side.

Her Memorial service will be at Davis Streumph Funernal Home-Crematory in Austell on Monday at 4pm with visitation from

2-4.

She will be greatly missed by all of us.

My dad and I are requesting that donations be made to the American Heart association in leu of flowers.

I miss you momma.

Edited by akre0023

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother and best friend. The heartfelt tribute you wrote announcing this great woman's death is quite an illustration of the legacy she leaves to mourn her; and a prime example of a job well done. I pray that God will comfort you and your family during this sad time.

I am so very sorry for the great loss you are suffering. When my mom died, I read every book on death and heaven I could find. Then a friend said, 'what does the Bible say about death and heaven? That is where you need to be reading." And she was right. There I found true knowledge and peace. Look to the Lord for strength and peace, for that is the only place you will find it. Talk to anyone who will listen, because that helps so much.

God bless you.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

They mean soo much at this time in mine and my family's life.