Paulding.com

Jean Roberts, age 70, of Hiram, passed away Sunday, August 24, 2008. She was born in Birmingham, AL, on January 19, 1938, and was preceded in death by her parents, Clinton & Florene Palmer, and her husband, Alva Roberts. Mrs. Roberts was retired from the Paulding County Board of Education, where she was a secretary at Hiram Elementary for 26 years. She was a member of Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church.

Survivors include her son & daughter-in-law, Wayne & Rosa Linda Roberts of Dallas; daughter, Pam King of Hiram; sisters & brothers-in-law, Shirley & Bill Hembree of Dallas, and Sherry & Joe Morgan of Mableton; grandchildren, Shannon Dudley, Cindy & Russell Pigg, Courtney & T. J. Thomas, Isia Frausto, and Ruby Frausto; great-grandchildren, Morgan Dudley and Kaylie Robinson; nieces and nephews; and special friend & companion, Steve Pettway of Acworth.

Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, August 27, 2008, at 2:00pm, from Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church, with Reverend Tony Samples officiating. Interment will follow in Poplar Springs Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Tuesday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

:( So sad. Mrs. Roberts was such a sweet lady. She was the secretary at Hiram Elementary when both of my kids went there. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Yes, a very sweet lady, she was at Hiram Elementary when all four of my kids went there. She will be greatly missed.

Mrs. Roberts was a very sweet lady. She was the secretary for all of my years at Hiram Elementary. I went from Kindergarten through 6th grade there and if you needed anything she was always there and willing to help in any way that she could. We went through quite a few principals starting with Mr. Pezold and ending with Mr. Cave, but Mrs. Roberts was always there. You will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, Mrs. Roberts.

We have lost a wonderful Christian woman , but she is with our Heavenly Father and is in no more pain. Wayne, Pam, Shirley, Courtney, and all have my deepest sympathy and I pray God will comfort you now and always. Jean's loss will be felt for a long, long time by her family and friends. Sorrow cannot be described when you lose your dear mother, sister, grandmother, aunt , but all must go and honor her life the way she would like, knowing she is a beautiful Angel and will be with you always.

Ms. Jean....what a wonderful person. She took care of my baby who is now 9. She rocked him each night in VBS, I remember her saying each night....let me take this little red head home. My family was blessed to know her. She is now enjoying eternity with our Lord and Savior..

Like my Mom said, Mrs. Roberts was the secretary at Hiram Elementary the entire time I was there. She got to know us pretty well, considering I was one of those children who always went to the office to call home. She was such a sweet lady!!! Her family are in my thoughts and prayers. :(

she was at Hiram when my daughter was there from 1978-1983....a real wonderful caring lady.....

She was there when I started Hiram in 1965 and still there when my kids started in the 1986!!!! She also grew up with my mother.

Jean Roberts, age 70, of Hiram, passed away Sunday, August 24, 2008. She was born in Birmingham, AL, on January 19, 1938, and was preceded in death by her parents, Clinton & Florene Palmer, and her husband, Alva Roberts. Mrs. Roberts was retired from the Paulding County Board of Education, where she was a secretary at Hiram Elementary for 26 years. She was a member of Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church.

Survivors include her son & daughter-in-law, Wayne & Rosa Linda Roberts of Dallas; daughter, Pam King of Hiram; sisters & brothers-in-law, Shirley & Bill Hembree of Dallas, and Sherry & Joe Morgan of Mableton; grandchildren, Shannon Dudley, Cindy & Russell Pigg, Courtney & T. J. Thomas, Isia Frausto, and Ruby Frausto; great-grandchildren, Morgan Dudley and Kaylie Robinson; nieces and nephews; and special friend & companion, Steve Pettway of Acworth.

Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, August 27, 2008, at 2:00pm, from Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church, with Reverend Tony Samples officiating. Interment will follow in Poplar Springs Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Tuesday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Prayers being said for this family in their time of loss......

What a tragic loss, Mrs. Jean Roberts was one terrific lady!!!! She always spoke anytime I seen her out and about over the years, she remembered me and I thought what a remarkable woman.

She will never be forgotten, because of all the children that she helped in one way or another. A sweet smile a kind word she always had that in abundance when you went into the office. I went to Hiram Elementary in the 1960's and I will never forget her.

I pray for this family. And may God Bless You all.