Paulding.com

John W. “Rocky” Jordan, age 73, of Hiram, passed away on July 26, 2008. He was born on June 22, 1935 in Trion, GA to the late John A. Jordan and Fran Manley. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Delilah Faye Jordan. Mr. Jordan was an Army veteran of the Korean War, a member of the Hiram Masonic Lodge #139 and was the first Police Chief of Hiram. He was a commercial and residential painter.

Surviving are his son, Wayne Monroe Jordan of Hiram; brother, Donald Jordan of Albuquerque, New Mexico; sister and brother-in-law, Betty & Bobby Farris of Memphis, TN; sister, Maureen Rogers of Hammonds, Indiana.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, July 28, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home with Rev. Andy Fennell officiating. The interment will follow at Flint Hill United Methodist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Sunday, July 27, 2008 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.

John W. “Rocky” Jordan, age 73, of Hiram, passed away on July 26, 2008. He was born on June 22, 1935 in Trion, GA to the late John A. Jordan and Fran Manley. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Delilah Faye Jordan. Mr. Jordan was an Army veteran of the Korean War, a member of the Hiram Masonic Lodge #139 and was the first Police Chief of Hiram. He was a commercial and residential painter.

Surviving are his son, Wayne Monroe Jordan of Hiram; brother, Donald Jordan of Albuquerque, New Mexico; sister and brother-in-law, Betty & Bobby Farris of Memphis, TN; sister, Maureen Rogers of Hammonds, Indiana.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, July 28, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home with Rev. Andy Fennell officiating. The interment will follow at Flint Hill United Methodist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Sunday, July 27, 2008 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.

Prayers being said for this family in their time of loss..... -_-

RIP Rocky, you will be missed

Faye was my Best friend... she was killed when I was 9 ( she was 10) Rocky and Marie were a big part of my young life, Spent time at their house, even after Faye was gone. Rocky always gave me a hug every time I saw him !!!! I will miss him...

You will be greatly missed Rocky. Rocky and my dad were very good friends while I was growing up. Everytime the kids in the neighborhood seen his brown van come down the road, we all took off running to him. Even years later when I would see him in Walmart, I would go to him and give him a hug and kiss and just talk with him. Rocky, RIP, you will be missed by many, and I love you dearly.

Becky