Paulding.com

(I am posting this in the "obituaries," although Kim died in 1990. I really didn't know where else to put it.)

I don't know if anyone noticed this week in the Dallas New Era on the Obituary Page, but there was a photo there of Kimberly K. Jones. Every year at this time, Kim's mother puts this picture in along with the heading, "Born 12-15-62, Murdered 12-13-90." Most of us who are from here know her story, but for those of you who don't, or don't remember, let me give you a very brief synopsis:

This story made the local and national news back in 1990. I am telling it from what I can recall, but I will try and find a link to a news item about it as well. Kim was married to a chiropractor from Cobb (Jack Wallace). They were in the process of going through a messy divorce and she was going back to the house to pick up some Christmas decorations. Wallace had a thug waiting there for her who strangled her, put her in a truck tool box, flew her body to South Ga. and planned to dump it in the Okeefenokee Swamp. But for some reason, he landed at Ware Co. airport with no running lights on his plane. This alerted the airport authorities and they searched the plane. Her body was found. The rest that followed was a nightmare for her family. Wallace kept denying his involvement, but was eventually arrested along with two other guys, I believe. He was convicted and is now in prison. I did read, however, that these men are up for parole in Dec. 2005. I fervently pray that they are denied. This was a cold, pre-meditated murder. Wallace, especially, should stay there the rest of his life.

Kim was a great friend to me and many others. She loved life with a passion I have never seen in anyone else. We had some crazy times together in high school. She held my head while I puked over the side of Humpback Bridge the first time I got drunk. She was drum majorette for PCHS band, she was intelligent, but she also had common sense. Fortunately, I was able to see her just a year or so before this happened. She was the same old Kim- cutting up, telling her crazy stories, and just generally making everybody feel good. That is who she was. I will never forget her, and I pray that her mother has found some peace. Kim was her only child.

Just wanted to let everyone who sees her picture know what it was all about.

Thanks.

My brother was dating Kim at the time she was murdered. He was devastated. Don't know anymore details other than what you have written.

It is a shame that the murderers are up for parole this month. I am sure that Kims parents will be in front of the parole board to protest this.

wow thats so sad.

I dont understand why anyone would want to do something like that.I know 3 boys in jail right now for killing a baby and her mother.I still cant get over that they did that.yall prolly know who Im talking bout.there the Tate brothers

Sorry to jack the thread

wow thats so sad.

I dont understand why anyone would want to do something like that.I know 3 boys in jail right now for killing a baby and her mother.I still cant get over that they did that.yall prolly know who Im talking bout.there the Tate brothers

Sorry to jack the thread

No problem, Chris. I do remember the murder you are referring to. I guess bringing something up like this makes people think about all the senseless killings that take place. :(

I'm sorry about your friend, GaBelle. I've always heard what a vital person that Kim Jones was. I know her aunt, Dale Loudermilk. There is simply nothing that can be said that can adequately express our sympathy for her mother and her family. The picture was lovely, and I, for one, am glad that the Dallas New Era provides us with a way to pay tributes to a person's life. God Bless her family.

I remember this story. How sad. didn't he have a office overthere, I cant remember the name of the road. The bk way to pwd spgs. from hiram.

GaBelle3639, she must have been a really great friend. Im sure she is missed.

I to hope those men [and I use the word litely] do not get parole.

Life is short. We are missing my step daughter terrible. Some say "time will heal".

just a couple days ago, I reread the post from may 21st. I actually didn't know

we can go bk a yr. I want to reply but I can't.

Unfortunaly, this time of the year can also be hard on many.

reach out people, check in with a neighbor or 2. esp the eldery & the widers.

I am from Powder Springs, and I remember It well. I grew up with Dr. Wallaces son. Dr Wallace has always been crooked.

My dad had an accident with Dr Wallace one rainey night while going to help a family member in distress. He tried to sue our family for a large sum of money. The insurance Co offered him around $75,000 he took it all the way and did not get a dime. Except for his medical bills.

I think its special that Kims mom reminds everyone of her loss. Its difficult to have to go through what she has been through. let her know I will have her in my prayers

Guest publisher

I remember this case as well.

I covered the trial and particularly recall the man who flew the plane to Waycross. He was an attorney and wanted someone to help him write a book. He spoke at me a couple of times during the trial about that but it was enough to just give me the creeps. I wanted nothing to do with this guy.

It was like evil oozed from him and his persona and all I felt was disgust and discomfort.

GaBelle:

i knew kim also, she was afriend of mine, we went to school together, and yes she was the type of friend to hold your head while you puked your guts out, that was just Kim,

i was heart broken when i heard about this:

Kim was the type of person she would have made a difference in this world if she would have been able to live: once you was Kim's friend then you could truly say you had a friend for life:

Yes, i remember when this happened, i use to live behind them @ the corner of Bennett rd. and County line rd. (Cleburn Pkwy), where the chicken houses use to be. The reason they landed the plane was to take the door off the plane so they could dump her it the swamp. They lived on Pinevalley Rd. @ the Bit-o-Haven ranch, beside where Travis Tritt lives now.

I too remember that and yes it was very sad. He lived about a mile from us at the time it happened.

I hope the family has been able to heal and know that she is resting in peace. I know it has to be hard on them this time of the year. I pray that they have a wonderful Christmas and know that she is their Angel watching over them.

I too hope they don't make parole.

(I am posting this in the "obituaries," although Kim died in 1990.  I really didn't know where else to put it.)

I don't know if anyone noticed this week in the Dallas New Era on the Obituary Page, but there was a photo there of Kimberly K. Jones.  Every year at this time, Kim's mother puts this picture in along with the heading, "Born 12-15-62, Murdered 12-13-90."  Most of us who are from here know her story, but for those of you who don't, or don't remember, let me give you a very brief synopsis:

This story made the local and national news back in 1990.  I am telling it from what I can recall, but I will try and find a link to a news item about it as well.  Kim was married to a chiropractor from Cobb (Jack Wallace).  They were in the process of going through a messy divorce and she was going back to the house to pick up some Christmas decorations.  Wallace had a thug waiting there for her who strangled her, put her in a truck tool box, flew her body to South Ga. and planned to dump it in the Okeefenokee Swamp.  But for some reason, he landed at Ware Co. airport with no running lights on his plane.  This alerted the airport authorities and they searched the plane.  Her body was found.  The rest that followed was a nightmare for her family.  Wallace kept denying his involvement, but was eventually arrested along with two other guys, I believe.  He was convicted and is now in prison.  I did read, however, that these men are up for parole in Dec. 2005. I fervently pray that they are denied.  This was a cold, pre-meditated murder.  Wallace, especially, should stay there the rest of his life.

Kim was a great friend to me and many others.  She loved life with a passion I have never seen in anyone else.  We had some crazy times together in high school.  She held my head while I puked over the side of Humpback Bridge the first time I got drunk.  She was drum majorette for PCHS band, she was intelligent, but she also had common sense.  Fortunately, I was able to see her just a year or so before this happened.  She was the same old Kim- cutting up, telling her crazy stories, and just generally making everybody feel good.  That is who she was.  I will never forget her, and I pray that her mother has found some peace.  Kim was her only child.

Thanks.

Has it been 14 years???? I remember it like it was yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with her family now.

I had known Kim also, and remember her fondly. When I think of her and that is everytime I am at the Dallas Cemetery, I can still see her pretty, friendly smile and bright eyes. She is at peace now and probably smiling.

Edited by bluebird
(I am posting this in the "obituaries," although Kim died in 1990.  I really didn't know where else to put it.)

I don't know if anyone noticed this week in the Dallas New Era on the Obituary Page, but there was a photo there of Kimberly K. Jones.  Every year at this time, Kim's mother puts this picture in along with the heading, "Born 12-15-62, Murdered 12-13-90."  Most of us who are from here know her story, but for those of you who don't, or don't remember, let me give you a very brief synopsis:

This story made the local and national news back in 1990.  I am telling it from what I can recall, but I will try and find a link to a news item about it as well.  Kim was married to a chiropractor from Cobb (Jack Wallace).  They were in the process of going through a messy divorce and she was going back to the house to pick up some Christmas decorations.  Wallace had a thug waiting there for her who strangled her, put her in a truck tool box, flew her body to South Ga. and planned to dump it in the Okeefenokee Swamp.  But for some reason, he landed at Ware Co. airport with no running lights on his plane.  This alerted the airport authorities and they searched the plane.  Her body was found.  The rest that followed was a nightmare for her family.  Wallace kept denying his involvement, but was eventually arrested along with two other guys, I believe.  He was convicted and is now in prison.  I did read, however, that these men are up for parole in Dec. 2005. I fervently pray that they are denied.  This was a cold, pre-meditated murder.  Wallace, especially, should stay there the rest of his life.

Kim was a great friend to me and many others.  She loved life with a passion I have never seen in anyone else.  We had some crazy times together in high school.  She held my head while I puked over the side of Humpback Bridge the first time I got drunk.  She was drum majorette for PCHS band, she was intelligent, but she also had common sense.  Fortunately, I was able to see her just a year or so before this happened.  She was the same old Kim- cutting up, telling her crazy stories, and just generally making everybody feel good.  That is who she was.  I will never forget her, and I pray that her mother has found some peace.  Kim was her only child.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time I saw Kim was when I was 3 years old, but I do remember her. She and my mom worked together (for Dr. Wallace) and I remember they had a swimming pool. Well, during that winter me and Kim and my mom were walking through there and I fell in. The pool was absolutely green and it was crawling with algae (winter time) and she jumped in after me and took me inside and threw me in the bathtub. My mom says that if were not for her being there with me, I would have drowned. She was a wonderful lady. What a tragedy.I also remeber Dr. Wallace too. He used to put me in his chair and pop my neck for me, and then let me slide down his chair. It was a blast. I guess some people are just deceiving. Kim was wonderful and from what everyone says DEFINITELY MISSED! :(

Hi,

You know, it is sad that there has to even be a disscusions on this matter. You know what is wrong with the world today? People defending people who break the law. If you choose to take another persons life then you need to pay the price...the max price. People need the max the court can give when they choose to remove another persons life and people need to stop feeling sorry for the offenders. Yes, I know this family and have known them for 17+ years and my husband has known this family his whole life(35+ years). I've seen first hand what this has done to their family...I'm reminded each time I pick up our singing books at our church and the bottom reads,"In Memory of Kimberly K Jones" You people that defend the offender...shame on you...shame on you!!!! It could have been your child, daughter, grand-daughter, cousin, niece, friend...etc. If he didn't want to spend his life in jail ,then he should of thought about that before he done what he did. In my opionon throw away the key. I too have family members who have decided to break the law and they served time for their mistakes...I told them, " they had no one to blame but themselves." I have no pity for law breakers but my heart goes out to people who loose a family member, because I know what that feels like. If Kimberly can't be free to live her life...then he shouldn't be alloweed to live his anywhere, but where he is behind bars...and I still think he doesn't even deserve that. ~The Howell Family~