Paulding.com

I'm still waiting to hear back from my friend...still no answer...beginning to get worried now. I'll let you guys know when I find out something.

I just talked to the friends I know, they are ok. It was an older woman who lived alone. They think she lost everything. They did take her to the hospital, don't how she is doing. They said she had recently just lost her daughter also. Send your prayers or good vibes her way. I asked them to update me if she needs anything.

Thanks for updating us. I will be praying for this lady. What a tragedy. When I hear calls like that, it just reminds me how our lives can change in a split second. I didn't hear more about her injuries, either, and I'm not good at posting about these scanner calls! I was listening as I was working, and a lot of the traffic was just between firefighters as they were fighting the blaze.

I'm glad your friends are safe.

Again I will post this as I believe so strongly in the power of photographs to rekindle memories and keep us connected to the past.

I'm so sorry to hear of another fire. Please read the following and let me know if I can help you - beyond prayers for your family.

The loss of most items can be replaced at the local store, but the loss of old photos can't be replaced.

The damage can look much worse than it really is for the photos in albums and those still in the envelopes from the store.

Photos are made of plastic on two sides of thin paper and the last step before drying and cutting for you to take home is a water wash to remove the developing chemicals. ( some new developers use a chemical to save water)

The packets of photos in the drawer might be wet from the fire hoses and look burned but many times the plastic has melted on the edges and the person in the photo is in the center of the picture and is still in good shape.

Take what looks like a total loss and put them into a plastic bag and seal it so the photos won't dry out.

The photos might be stuck together but try to peal them apart. You will be surprised of how many pictures you can save up to several weeks after they got wet.

You can always cut away the burned and wrinkled part of the photo and save the middle, the part that has the children's first birthday or the pictures of the grand parents or others who might not still be with us.

Don't worry about trying to separate them in a tub of water or under running water and laying them out to dry by themselves. After all, you were about to throw away your family's visual history anyway.

It's worth saving these memories. PHOTOS ARE VEHICLES TO REKINDLE MEMORIES!!!!!

I would be happy to help you save some of those memories or show you how easy it can be, (sometimes) .

Collect all the photos wet, dry, burned edges, smoked glass, burned on the edges.

KEEP THE WET ONES WET.

Call in the family and have a "save the photos gathering". You can all share in the re-discovery of the special memories of your family history and this time you can write dates and names on the back.

Please call me if I can be of any help in any way.

Nicholas Cole - Photographer 770-443-7355

HTTP://WWW.NicholasColePhotographer.com/Copy.html