Paulding.com

rescue air 5 attempting to raise engine 1

pilot asking details on LZ - parking lot with no obstacles?

batt 1 on scene - reports nothing showing

pilot attempting to determining LZ location - I thought the engine sends GPS info

RA5 has engine in view - be on the ground shortly

I would think Mom would rather have a child who is alive at this point.

Seashell, remember that this is Paulding county - no level 1 or 2 trauma center - air is used everyday.

I make comments like that to get others to think - check their policy so one can be prepared. I've seen a kid go over the handle bars and be unconscious for only a few seconds, but air is call and the kid is transported - I know to just to be safe - but in the end for no reason. Family had to then deal with a 8-12,000 flight bill that many insurance providers do not pay for.

Seashell, remember that this is Paulding county - no level 1 or 2 trauma center - air is used everyday.

I make comments like that to get others to think - check their policy so one can be prepared. I've seen a kid go over the handle bars and be unconscious for only a few seconds, but air is call and the kid is transported - I know to just to be safe - but in the end for no reason. Family had to then deal with a 8-12,000 flight bill that many insurance providers do not pay for.

Thanks. At first I couldn't believe You had posted that because it didn't sound like something you would say but Hubby explained it to me. That would be hard to deal with. I wonder if most health coverage handles flights? I guess it's based on injury.

You have to check the policy - mine with Kaiser does cover air ambulance.

With limited access to a level 1 or 2 trauma centers in this state, it is smart to seek a policy that will cover such expensive care.