Paulding.com

Joel Lindsey Grogan, age 26, of Dallas, passed away on Monday, May 19, 2008. He was born on November 11, 1981 in Atlanta. He was employed with PCI Contracting in Cartersville, GA and was preceded in death by his father, Dennis Grogan.

Surviving are his son, Michael Adam Grogan of Dallas; his mother and step-father, Patricia and Jeff Grecco of Dallas; step-mother, Robin Grogan of Dallas; a sister, Shannon Grogan of Dallas; step-brothers, Jeffrey Grecco Jr. and Jeremiah Grecco, both of Dallas; step-sister, Ashley Taylor of Dallas; grandparents, Truitt & Peggy Grogan of Adairsville, GA; aunts & uncles; and Tiffany Wheeling, mother of Michael Adam Grogan.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, May 23, 2008 at 12:00 p.m. from St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Dallas with Father Adrian Pleus officiating. The interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. Ben Henson, Jim Grecco, Aaron Dilbeck, Derek Jennings, Brent Floyd, Jesse Hill, Randy Echols, and Jeremy Grecco will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Thursday from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Joel was one of my very first friends. He was a grade behind me in school, but we both went to Stop N' Go Daycare together for a couple of years. He was my best friend at the place. One time our group went on this hike into the woods to see this creek and Joel and I got separated from the rest and were lost for a bit. We wandered around for maybe twenty minutes and then he wanted to go one way, but I chose to go another and we ended up getting separated. Well, looking back, I probably should have stuck with Joel because he wound up making it back to the daycare center whereas I wandered around the woods for about thirty more minutes before one of the workers eventually found me.

We never knew each other in our later school years, but I've always remembered him for being the guy who I got lost in the woods with when I was six. R.I.P. old friend.

Edited by Jonger