Paulding.com

On March 29, 2008 I lost part of my Heart.. I lost my Daddy; I want to share the last couple of his days here on this earth with all of you since you have traveled this journey with me since May of last year.

Daddy knew who I was up till Friday Night, we talked, and I told him over and over how much I loved him, and he Thanked me for helping take care of him and spending the last year of my life with him, He said he knew it was not easy for me to put him before my own life, with me trying to work, and take care of my family, but if it was possibly he loved me even more for taking the last year of my life and giving it to him.

Saturday morning he was pretty much out of it, he was going back in time, and he worked me and my sister like crazy building a building that we had helped him on when we still lived at home. His little hands was just a working, he completed the building and told me he was tired. So I told him to rest Daddy, he had worked hard all of his life and now he needed to rest, and I would finish up what had to be completed, he said ok. I told him I loved him with all my heart.

Two hours later my daddy took his last breath on this side of this earth. He passed peaceful, and as he took his last breath my hand was on his heart and I was holding his hand. He did not struggle for air, he did not choke, he went without pain, and closed his eyes.

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let my mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddys side, and then by my Mamas side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

I will miss my Daddy but I would not bring him back for anything in this world, for him to have to go through what he did this past year.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, phone calls, cards, flowers, food, the Angels that where left here at my home for me all have been placed in a memorial garden for my Daddy that I have made. But most of all I am so Thankful that God seen fit to take my Daddy peacefully.

Rest in Peace Daddy May the Angels watch over you

On March 29, 2008 I lost part of my Heart.. I lost my Daddy; I want to share the last couple of his days here on this earth with all of you since you have traveled this journey with me since May of last year.

Daddy knew who I was up till Friday Night, we talked, and I told him over and over how much I loved him, and he Thanked me for helping take care of him and spending the last year of my life with him, He said he knew it was not easy for me to put him before my own life, with me trying to work, and take care of my family, but if it was possibly he loved me even more for taking the last year of my life and giving it to him.

Saturday morning he was pretty much out of it, he was going back in time, and he worked me and my sister like crazy building a building that we had helped him on when we still lived at home. His little hands was just a working, he completed the building and told me he was tired. So I told him to rest Daddy, he had worked hard all of his life and now he needed to rest, and I would finish up what had to be completed, he said ok. I told him I loved him with all my heart.

Two hours later my daddy took his last breath on this side of this earth. He passed peaceful, and as he took his last breath my hand was on his heart and I was holding his hand. He did not struggle for air, he did not choke, he went without pain, and closed his eyes.

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let me mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddy’s side, and then by my Mama’s side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

I will miss my Daddy but I would not bring him back for anything in this world, for him to have to go through what he did this past year.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, phone calls, cards, flowers, food, the Angels that where left here at my home for me all have been placed in a memorial garden for my Daddy that I have made. But most of all I am so Thankful that God seen fit to take my Daddy peacefully.

Rest in Peace Daddy……. May the Angels watch over you

You are a very sweet and loving daughter! How proud he must have been. I'm very sorry for your loss. Cherish every moment. I wish I would have had the chance to do what you did with my mom.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

My prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Denise

I want to personally Thank you for sharing that. You had me in tears ...sweet tears...cause your father passed knowing and feeling so much Love.

That is so truly beautiful!!!! :wub:

LR, you are such a wonderful spirit!

Again Thank You!!!

XOXOXO,

~QTee

I know it's been a long and arduous battle for not only your father but your entire family. While I know you'll miss him, I'm glad he has moved on to the next world. Prayers for your family! -_-

I have not been a memeber on here for as long as you have been going through what you have, but I am truly sorry.

My grandmother passed in the same way and I was by her side as she took her last breath. It is so comforting knowing that they didn't struggle. I remember the feeling of sadness and joy all mixed together. How proud he must be of you for staying by his side and taking care of him. Like others have said, he went knowing how much he was loved and that within its self is so wonderful. :wub:

What an incredible spirit you have. Thanks so much for sharing such a personnel story. It has touched my heart and I'm sure many others. You are in my thoughts.

~Wendy~

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let me mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddy’s side, and then by my Mama’s side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

God bless you, LR. I lost my Daddy in 1992 but he visits often in my dreams.

LLF

this made me cry and think of my daddy that i just lost....im so very sorry for your loss.

This brings back so many memories of when my father-in-law passed away. Although our hearts long for him, we take comfort in knowing he is at peace. It sounds as if you are experiencing that same comfort LR. We will continue to lift you up in our prayers.

Lady Raider,

I know what you are going through and I'm so very sorry for your loss. I went through the very same thing with my dad. It was peaceful at the end also. I saw your post and prayed that it would be the same for him. I'll pray now that joy of knowing that he is no longer suffering eases some of the pain. I know it won't ease all of it. My prayers are wit you and your family!

God Bless,

Pamela

I am so sorry for your loss. The hardest thing I had to do was let go of my Daddy. I still miss him. :( The one comfort I have is that he is no longer in pain or trembling or in a fog. He is finally and deservingly at peace.

Bless you and your family.